Another tactivators request...

Tomahawk.7361

It might be ok though because there are already other things that are in the exclusionary barrier zone like gliding/shield gens, plus it technically isn't considered exclusionary as all they need to do is rank up the mastery whilst the previous mentioned items are only available with HoT, though I can see the problem for the legitimate reasons to pull (if they are the only ones around) but usually a more experienced player will know when to pull it when needed anyway. I guess it's a double edged sword.

> @DemonSeed.3528 said:

> It might be ok though because there are already other things that are in the exclusionary barrier zone like gliding/shield gens, plus it technically isn't considered exclusionary as all they need to do is rank up the mastery whilst the previous mentioned items are only available with HoT, though I can see the problem for the legitimate reasons to pull (if they are the only ones around) but usually a more experienced player will know when to pull it when needed anyway. I guess it's a double edged sword.

Gliding is more of a QoL feature, it does not prevent the use of any mechanic if you do not have the mastery for it.

I believe anyone can use shield generators (not 100% sure though) however the mastery track for it is locked behind HoT ownership...for some reason. That should definitely change, but regardless it does not stop players from being able to use it.

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> > @DemonSeed.3528 said:

> > It might be ok though because there are already other things that are in the exclusionary barrier zone like gliding/shield gens, plus it technically isn't considered exclusionary as all they need to do is rank up the mastery whilst the previous mentioned items are only available with HoT, though I can see the problem for the legitimate reasons to pull (if they are the only ones around) but usually a more experienced player will know when to pull it when needed anyway. I guess it's a double edged sword.

>

> Gliding is more of a QoL feature, it does not prevent the use of any mechanic if you do not have the mastery for it.

> I believe anyone can use shield generators (not 100% sure though) however the mastery track for it is locked behind HoT ownership...for some reason. That should definitely change, but regardless it does not stop players from being able to use it.

F2p/core/pof can't use shield gens (I know this because my core account and pof account can't use them till I got hot). You can only buy/deploy/build/refresh. Any interaction will show skills but they don't work.

> @DemonSeed.3528 said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > @DemonSeed.3528 said:

> > > It might be ok though because there are already other things that are in the exclusionary barrier zone like gliding/shield gens, plus it technically isn't considered exclusionary as all they need to do is rank up the mastery whilst the previous mentioned items are only available with HoT, though I can see the problem for the legitimate reasons to pull (if they are the only ones around) but usually a more experienced player will know when to pull it when needed anyway. I guess it's a double edged sword.

> >

> > Gliding is more of a QoL feature, it does not prevent the use of any mechanic if you do not have the mastery for it.

> > I believe anyone can use shield generators (not 100% sure though) however the mastery track for it is locked behind HoT ownership...for some reason. That should definitely change, but regardless it does not stop players from being able to use it.

>

> F2p/core/pof can't use shield gens (I know this because my core account and pof account can't use them till I got hot). You can only buy/deploy/build/refresh. Any interaction will show skills but they don't work.

Ah ok thought it was just the mastery. That is incredibly stupid though, both should be available to all players.

I don't see a problem with adding a mastery for tactics use, they could attach it to the end of the Provisions Master mastery line which is for HoT accounts, for like 50-100 points. Tactics came in with HoT so it makes sense to restrict it to those accounts, as with shield generators, scribing, auto looting, gliding, and guildhall bonus buffs, they all only work with HoT accounts.

It would at least eliminate the free to play accounts that are used to troll tactivators.