World Bosses need to be more challenge

fewfield.7802

Can I have some challenge World Bosses that need more well organized and provide reasonable reward.

The Bosses we are fighting now is a piece of chit. They look so epic by their model and design but with a number of people and dps meta and elite class these make them too easy to kill and it's not even fun. I only enjoyed fighting bosses on the first year and then i havent played the content anymore

Plz anet plz consider this point of view. Not everyone want to go play Raid to get more challenge and epic PvE content. There are a lot more ordinary PvE players who dont to raid like me but we still need some epic content to experience

> @fewfield.7802 said:

> Can I have some challenge World Bosses that need more well organized **and provide reasonable reward.**

![](https://i.imgur.com/3mkxbBr.jpg "")

There are some fights which was reworked and needs a little bit of strategy, but you must consider that even simple fights like **Triple Trouble** or **Serpent's Ire** can be avoided due the fact that some players

* Are afk, just hit randomly to tag.

* don't know the boss mechanics.

* Stay dead and don't release.

* Are, overall, a malus for those who play the event in a proper manner ( since the event scales with the number of players ).

Sometimes an event like Tequatl can fail because many players don't know how to turret and in these years managed only to DPS DPS DPS.

And talking about Tequatl, after years, just a few seconds before the landing DPS phases there are no Fire fields, but a spam of useless fields.

So, challenging events do exists but could be difficult to achieve due to community.

As for the reasonable rewards... you can only expect something like Tequatl or TT. 2g + some chests.

Also about your last part

> Plz anet plz consider this point of view. Not everyone want to go play Raid to get more challenge and epic PvE content. There are a lot more ordinary PvE players who dont to raid like me but we still need some epic content to experience

If you don't like Raid or fractals, you don't need things like Ascended or legendary equipment.

All the content is meant to be for exotic geared players, so you only have to enjoy it.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > @fewfield.7802 said:

> > Can I have some challenge World Bosses that need more well organized **and provide reasonable reward.**

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/3mkxbBr.jpg "")

>

>

> There are some fights which was reworked and needs a little bit of strategy, but you must consider that even simple fights like **Triple Trouble** or **Serpent's Ire** can be avoided due the fact that some players

>

> * Are afk, just hit randomly to tag.

> * don't know the boss mechanics.

> * Stay dead and don't release.

> * Are, overall, a malus for those who play the event in a proper manner ( since the event scales with the number of players ).

>

> Sometimes an event like Tequatl can fail because many players don't know how to turret and in these years managed only to DPS DPS DPS.

> And talking about Tequatl, after years, just a few seconds before the landing DPS phases there are no Fire fields, but a spam of useless fields.

>

> So, challenging events do exists but could be difficult to achieve due to community.

> As for the reasonable rewards... you can only expect something like Tequatl or TT. 2g + some chests.

>

> Also about your last part

>

> > Plz anet plz consider this point of view. Not everyone want to go play Raid to get more challenge and epic PvE content. There are a lot more ordinary PvE players who dont to raid like me but we still need some epic content to experience

>

> If you don't like Raid or fractals, you don't need things like Ascended or legendary equipment.

> All the content is meant to be for exotic geared players, so you only have to enjoy it.

The organized in my point of view is even a group is well organized a boss is still difficult to fight and exciting.

And about the reward sometimes you want something to appeal people to come trying some experience it happen with TD Meta which most of my friends go to do it just because of their belief of Chak egg sac lmao

Altough I dont play fotm and raid anymore i still need ascended to maximize my stats for wvw(even it affects not that much to the gameplay) and some twinky stuffs or cool skins to fulfill my own taste of uniqueness and fashion XD

> @fewfield.7802 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > There are some more challenging world bosses and there are some trivial ones. There is no reason to make everything hard.

>

> which one ?

Tequatl, Triple Trouble from core

All HoT bosses are definitely more challenging examples

PoF has bounties that are mostly trivial but some legendaries with bad combination of buffs can be real PITA (looking at you Rubedon).

> @fewfield.7802 said:

> > @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> > There are some more challenging world bosses and there are some trivial ones. There is no reason to make everything hard.

>

> I am just talking about the new one not making the old one harder though

Oh I'm all for it. PoF needs at least one big meta with endboss requiring some coordination.

> @fewfield.7802 said:

> Altough I dont play fotm and raid anymore i still need ascended to maximize my stats for wvw(even it affects not that much to the gameplay) and some twinky stuffs or cool skins to fulfill my own taste of uniqueness and fashion XD

I do understand, but think of it as something to do while you play, not as main goal ( the difference is not that big ).

Anet should really take a look at the core world bosses and revamp them a little (except TT, Tequatle and the Shatterer). I'm not asking them to make them harder, although you might want to toughen them up a little, but make them challenging with some mechanics. And I understand that this is old content, but this old content is still part of the game that players still go to daily, so why not revitalize them and make them fun again, which they only have to revamp one time and that's it! I mean, they're revamping all the old fractals, so why not this?!

Come on Anet!

#oldcontentstillmatters

> @JackDaniels.1697 said:

> Anet should really take a look at the core world bosses and revamp them a little (except TT, Tequatle and the Shatterer). I'm not asking them to make them harder, although you might want to toughen them up a little, but make them challenging with some mechanics. And I understand that this is old content, but this old content is still part of the game that players still go to daily, so why not revitalize them and make them fun again, which they only have to revamp one time and that's it! I mean, they're revamping all the old fractals, so why not this?!

>

> Come on Anet!

> #oldcontentstillmatters

I would love to see them rework the Shaman in Wayfairers Foothills with a massive PBAOE that one shots everybody in range. He has one now but it's mostly a knock back. Also make him more mobile.

What I think they really need is just better scaling against the number of players. When too few people show up it can be very challenging, which is fine, but when you get more than a certain number it becomes a cakewalk. They should do a better job of increasing difficulty as numbers increase - even if it's just by adding more adds or something to distract some of those players from the main target. Most of the bandits seem well done in this way.

Triple Trebble is the bass if what you want. Sure if you're in a guild group with a train team, Condi team, and reflect teams, yes it's easy. Granted most if these players have done Triple over 10+ times, some even 30-100+. Try making a fresh Triple group. You'll get your challenge.

Shatterer is also a nice challenge especially if you don't get more than 30 people.

PANIC is a challenge within itself.

Sometimes you'll get challenging Dragonstands.

The content exists. Some of it is still worthwhile like Triple since it can drop ascended. Some of it isn't like Shatterer because once you have the achievements it's usually done.

They seem hard enough already.

I never managed to complete Triple Trouble, despite dozens of tries. It's pretty much the same every time: only a bunch of newbies show up, and then everyone dies and gives up. Maybe it's more popular in US, but I've never seen it won on EU servers even though it's needed for masteries. Tequatl also fails frequently, except on weekends.

As for Shadow Behemoth, that one should remain easy - it's in a newbie area, and probably the first world boss that new players encounter.

> @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > @Zaltys.7649 said:

> > They seem hard enough already.

> > Never managed to complete Triple Trouble, despite dozens of tries. It's pretty much the same every time: only a bunch of newbies show up. And then everyone dies and leaves.

>

> If you can LFG it, look for an EVOS group. They're real good at setting things up.

If you need a Triple Trouble kill you can also message me and I can get you into an EVOS group too! Just a member but we like new people and would be happy to help you out.

> @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > @JackDaniels.1697 said:

> > Anet should really take a look at the core world bosses and revamp them a little (except TT, Tequatle and the Shatterer). I'm not asking them to make them harder, although you might want to toughen them up a little, but make them challenging with some mechanics. And I understand that this is old content, but this old content is still part of the game that players still go to daily, so why not revitalize them and make them fun again, which they only have to revamp one time and that's it! I mean, they're revamping all the old fractals, so why not this?!

> >

> > Come on Anet!

> > #oldcontentstillmatters

>

> I would love to see them rework the Shaman in Wayfairers Foothills with a massive PBAOE that one shots everybody in range. He has one now but it's mostly a knock back. Also make him more mobile.

If they do up the challenge on World Bosses, they shouldn't do anything too drastic with the ones in the starter zones. These are the ones new players are at. If they are too challenging, they could turn many new players off.

And not any more challenging with shaman unless they can do something about the visual clutter during that one. Wouldn't be able to see any red rings or telegraphed big hits as it currently stands.

I'm for this, this will never happen this is the same community that complained about orr, lws1, arah, fotm cms, raids, HoT, ele pve dps being strong (when everyone is trying to kill the same boss), Hero points in HoT requiring you to sometimes dodge, tangled depths, any map that has any real from of vertical exploration, personal story being to hard (LOL),

Man i can go on for days, this community is not in the business of making things harder, i'm sure anet would love to increase difficulty across the board in general but this game community doesn't have the skill nor the will to learn to adapt to difficulty things and they scorn the people who do which is why there so much hate on the forums about raiders.

No they don't need to be made harder. Making things harder makes them less fun, not more fun.

Orr was complete overtuned garbage that only a tiny number of players enjoyed. Most players did not enjoy overtuned Orr. Original Orr was probably one of the worst MMO SOLO experiences I've ever had. It was a complete failure of design at every level. Every single aspect was wrong. From the horribly stupid story to the overtuned mobs to the poor map design, to the boring visuals, to the lack of end game resources (if ancient wood and orichalcum are end game wood/minerals then those should be THE ONLY resources in orr and not worthless mithril), poor rewards per time investment from events, excessive aggro mobs that make traveling through the map shit, etc.

There is no way to do one size fits all difficulty because not everyone has the same abilities or skill level. What one person finds hard, another person finds easy. That will always be the case. The best you can do is to offer different areas or types of contents that each offer their own unique level of difficulty so that players can seperate themselves out into the difficulty that they find most fun to engage in. However devs ALWAYS FAIL when they do this because they lock rewards behind the difficult content while the other content gives poop rewards even though all content should give the same reward. The reason why the difficult content is difficult is because the people who claim they want difficult content are given an outlet that provides this content they claim they want. However if they complain about a lack of exclusive rewards for this difficult content then we know they are lying about wanting difficult content.

For my money, Shadow Behemoth is the most FUN raid boss in any video game. It isn't difficult, it doesn't require learning complicated mechanics, you can usually face roll it if you are feeling lazy. But it is extremely visual and rewarding as you feel like a badass WHILE you are doing it because you are running around killing lots of shit and putting the hurt on a big baddie that isn't using cheat codes to give itself unrealistic imbalanced stats, abilities and bs immunities for once.

> @Seera.5916 said:

> > @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> > > @JackDaniels.1697 said:

> > > Anet should really take a look at the core world bosses and revamp them a little (except TT, Tequatle and the Shatterer). I'm not asking them to make them harder, although you might want to toughen them up a little, but make them challenging with some mechanics. And I understand that this is old content, but this old content is still part of the game that players still go to daily, so why not revitalize them and make them fun again, which they only have to revamp one time and that's it! I mean, they're revamping all the old fractals, so why not this?!

> > >

> > > Come on Anet!

> > > #oldcontentstillmatters

> >

> > I would love to see them rework the Shaman in Wayfairers Foothills with a massive PBAOE that one shots everybody in range. He has one now but it's mostly a knock back. Also make him more mobile.

>

> If they do up the challenge on World Bosses, they shouldn't do anything too drastic with the ones in the starter zones. These are the ones new players are at. If they are too challenging, they could turn many new players off.

>

> And not any more challenging with shaman unless they can do something about the visual clutter during that one. Wouldn't be able to see any red rings or telegraphed big hits as it currently stands.

You're right with the clutter. I usually melee him through the first 50% then back off with ranged weapon when he transforms because I can't see him, lol.

> @Ellisande.5218 said:

> No they don't need to be made harder. Making things harder makes them less fun, not more fun.

>

> Orr was complete overtuned garbage that only a tiny number of players enjoyed. Most players did not enjoy overtuned Orr.

>

> There is no way to do one size fits all difficulty because not everyone has the same abilities or skill level. What one person finds hard, another person finds easy. That will always be the case. The best you can do is to offer different areas or types of contents that each offer their own unique level of difficulty so that players can seperate themselves out into the difficulty that they find most fun to engage in. However devs ALWAYS FAIL when they do this because they lock rewards behind the difficult content while the other content gives poop rewards even though all content should give the same reward. The reason why the difficult content is difficult is because the people who claim they want difficult content are given an outlet that provides this content they claim they want. However if they complain about a lack of exclusive rewards for this difficult content then we know they are lying about wanting difficult content.

>

> For my money, Shadow Behemoth is the most FUN raid boss in any video game. It isn't difficult, it doesn't require learning complicated mechanics, you can usually face roll it if you are feeling lazy. But it is extremely visual and rewarding as you feel like a kitten WHILE you are doing it because you are running around killing lots of kitten and putting the hurt on a big baddie that isn't using cheat codes to give itself unrealistic imbalanced stats, abilities and bs immunities for once.

Yep you heard it here first why your not getting your change its better to faceroll/tank boss with a zerg then have any meaningful restrictions of battle or objectives on the field.

This attutide is why EVERYTHING since the nerfing of orr have been difficulty reduction instead of difficulty increases for 5 years.

> @Kheldorn.5123 said:

> All HoT bosses are definitely more challenging examples

I still fail to see the "challenge" in HOT Meta Bosses, they are essentially just: Have enough players that have a rough idea of the mechanics and you're good, everything beyond that just accelerates things but I honestly haven't seen any of the events fail in ages. (This is true for Tequatl as well, don't know about TT)

I wish we had more bosses where the mechanics change the way you play a lot more for example a boss that infects players and the only way to deal damage is to heal infected players and then build up on that concept or something else entirely, there are so many possibilitys but all we have is CC the break bar to prevent huge AoE Nuke that instagibs Light Armor guys and have enough dps to ignore 80% of the mechanics and just kill it asap.

I liked Queens Gauntlet bosses because many of them changed the way we played, you couldn't just run in and dps them, you actually had to pay attention to some extend.