Returning player looking for a build

Scathaigh.3801

I recently have decided to return to the game after not playing for a very long time. The last time I played was when Heart of Thorns was released and I played for about two months before going back on a hiatus. Years before the release of Heart of Thorns I had a warrior build that revolved around crowd-controlling the enemy to death and being able to take a hit in PvE. The build used Axe/Mace and Hammer and I used Strength, Defense, and Discipline as my trait lines (if I am remembering correctly). Does anyone still use a warrior build that revolves around CCing enemies to death in PvE anymore, but using the newest trait lines, or am I better off finding another build? Any help is appreciated.

That build has fallen out of favor in PvE. The highest damaging build currently is a condi build using Sword/Torch + Longbow with Arms, Tactics (or Defense), Berserker. The new Warrior elite Spellbreaker and daggers weapon set are more of a PvP/WvW spec and fairly strong there, but are under tuned for PvE currently.

> @"stone cold.8609" said:

> That build has fallen out of favor in PvE. The highest damaging build currently is a condi build using Sword/Torch + Longbow with Arms, Tactics (or Defense), Berserker. The new Warrior elite Spellbreaker and daggers weapon set are more of a PvP/WvW spec and fairly strong there, but are under tuned for PvE currently.

Thank you for the input, been confused about warrior builds since HoT and this helps a lot.

That build is a Condition build btw, doesn't work for Power. I am no expert on Warriors by any means but perhaps you could run a variation of your old build with Hammer and Axe x 2? Axe while being buffed in the recent balance patch is still crumby for DPS, but then Power is in the crapper across the board for all PVE; that being said as long as your buffing your group I'd like to think any one with a brain wouldn't focus too much on your personal DPS as long as you bring the support (just don't try to raid unless your running the Condi builds from QTFY.com).