New Race

ShoknAwe.1602

Why not just have X race ( the new race) start at level 80 with full exotic gear? They hand out level 80 scrolls, you can also buy level 80 scrolls now so leveling up really in the long run meants absolutely nothing. In PoF they have showed us they have added hearts to the instance like bonus content, or "side-quests" so this to me says they could make an instance where you do the story. A small maybe fifteen to thirty minute instance to start the race off and explain how and why they are involved, and then from there just push them into the storyline like everyone else. There is no excuse outside of the "We cant monetize a new race like we can gliders, mounts or whatever other thing we come up with."

And to be fair I have never been banned from the forums, And I would not care if I Was because I dont honestly care about what the devs feel toward what I say because that is my right to freedom of speech. Banning me solves nothing outside of solidifying that anything if not everything I say is truthful, You could ignore me and let your silence neither confirm nor Deny your feelings toward my post? The forums are not the game, therefor I have nothing to fear and Im not being toxic nor am I being unreasonable im stating what I see based on their track-record. With more and more Ballsy MMO's coming out and their desire to break the "Status-quo" and be unique guild wars 2 is not going to hold up well, Adding mounts? Thats a core feature to EVERY other MMO-Rpg to date, so im not over the moon about it and think its just catering to people to get them to spend money. We dont need mounts, this game was built so we would NEVER need mounts and they stated this when it launched and yet people bitched for YEARS about it. "Well if you want then here, but your gonna have to pay for it" which is a very appropriate way to look at it I suppose, but for those of us who DONT want it we should not be forced to use it for the new content but we are regardless.

New races but not a lot too, only the really loved and needed ones: Tengu/Largos....

They are a lot of races in this game and not all editable to fit a playable ones: Centaurs, Quaggans, Hyleks, Grawls, Dredges (special mention for this ones, like the fact it's an underground race and so alternative to choose instead of asuras!), Mushrooms from HoT maps, stone dwarfs: why don't having dwarf, hum?!, skritts and harpies? lol

I don't see why they couldn't make Skritt work as a playable race. They're pretty close to Charr in body shape, so armors shouldn't be too much of a problem. The lore is problematic, but they'd just need their own personal story. 'Smart' PC Skritts could be some kind of anomaly, such as results of Asura experimentation.

As for Largos? No thanks. We already have two overly violent races (Charr and Norn), adding a third one would not be good for story/NPC balance.

Congratulations! You win the "Beating a Dead Horse Award!"

This topic has been posted, studied, refuted, and talked about ever since GW1.

There are other threads related to this topic brought up when PoF was mentioned and mounts were added, but not additional playable races or new unique professions.

This isn't WoW for a reason. The two games do share many things in common, but I'll take the graphics of Guild Wars over the cartoony, hyper-exaggerated characters of WoW any day.

Even if they added a new race, if it wasn't the race you wanted would you be happy? Or if it would spawn another round of "you made that race, now bring in the race I want"?

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> Congratulations! You win the "Beating a Dead Horse Award!"

> This topic has been posted, studied, refuted, and talked about ever since GW1.

> There are other threads related to this topic brought up when PoF was mentioned and mounts were added, but not additional playable races or new unique professions.

> This isn't WoW for a reason. The two games do share many things in common, but I'll take the graphics of Guild Wars over the cartoony, hyper-exaggerated characters of WoW any day.

>

> Even if they added a new race, if it wasn't the race you wanted would you be happy? Or if it would spawn another round of "you made that race, now bring in the race I want"?

Mounts were a dead horse and people whined about it so much that LOOK! Its here ! and they are selling it like its sound groundbreaking thing, which its not. Adding one race does mean they "Might" add more, and that they could and use them as a selling point for the expansions because once again. Specs are not enough and they are expected so to put something that obviously takes more time, effort and development could justify the prices of an expansion. This expansion Like HoT feels like a super sized chunk of the Living story, not an expansion.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> Congratulations! You win the "Beating a Dead Horse Award!"

> This topic has been posted, studied, refuted, and talked about ever since GW1.

> There are other threads related to this topic brought up when PoF was mentioned and mounts were added, but not additional playable races or new unique professions.

> This isn't WoW for a reason. The two games do share many things in common, but I'll take the graphics of Guild Wars over the cartoony, hyper-exaggerated characters of WoW any day.

>

> Even if they added a new race, if it wasn't the race you wanted would you be happy? Or if it would spawn another round of "you made that race, now bring in the race I want"?

Who cares, that's how games grow. You get more stuff in your game and more people are interested in what appeals to them. Devs and company get work and money, costumers get what they want, this is how business grows.

BTW you get the award for "I've seen this topic before and want to avoid it but let me click and take time to comment in it anyway" award.

> @ShoknAwe.1602 said:

> IDK, what if the Tengu used the same armor models as Charr? There're clever ways to work around huge workloads. If a new race is only a superficial addition then a superficial implementation wouldn't be awful.

What if the Tengu did use the same armor? What benefit would you get in playing a Tengu character? New Personal Story content from levels 1-29 or something like that? A new racial ability? The Domain of Wind is already bordering starting zones of other races so you can't even expect a new leveling path for early-game content. Other than that the races are pretty much the same and, at this point, unnecessary.

• 6 months later...

> @"Dewsitine.3645" said:

> I would like a new race with new areas, cantha anyone, along with new armor that defy current trends such as no trench coats, butt caps, and less bikini clothes for females while more speedo like clothing for men.

I have a feeling that when we do go to Cantha, the chances of us getting the Tengu as a playable race might go up, since they're such a HUGE part of both the culture and history of the continent. Know anet, and how long it took for them to take us to Elona in combination with the fact that we're STILL getting areas there, I have a feeling that its gonna be a while before we head across the unending ocean to the empire of the dragon :3