Lets talk about rare infusions.

Genesis.5169

> @Genesis.5169 said:

> I got my answer i didn't refute the video i just saw, also checked the website chakk infusion was sold 10times and 2 years, i can't refute that how ever i can say that the drop rate is too low at this current junction which leaves me with another issue i will post about in another thread.

They are meant to be very low though. It's on purpose. They are supposed to be high-end items, almost legendary quality, see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aurora . The only difference is that you get these ones with tons of gold or grinding some event into eternity until it drops. Only a few people are supposed to have it.

> @electricwater.1572 said:

> > @Genesis.5169 said:

>

> > I got my answer i didn't refute the video i just saw, also checked the website chakk infusion was sold 10times and 2 years, i can't refute that how ever i can say that the drop rate is too low at this current junction which leaves me with another issue i will post about in another thread.

>

> They are meant to be very low though. It's on purpose. They are supposed to be high-end items, almost legendary quality, see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Aurora . The only difference is that you get these ones with tons of gold or grinding some event into eternity until it drops. Only a few people are supposed to have it.

>

Aurora is easily obtainable with time, the infusions aren't if at all obtainable with time, i do not want to degrade its rarity but allowing us away to craft it wouldn't be bad make it a lengendary thing like aurora.

Not really. Think about it this way. They need something to motivate players to do old content like chak gerent meta in Tangled Depths. It's not one of the easiest metas as it is easy to fail, and the map is confusing to a lot of players (although I personally really like it). So you would see why people wouldn't want to come back to it unless there was some special reward involved. And here comes chak egg sac. Just for a chance to win the jackpot and get that easy 10k people keep coming back and killing gerent.

And you can still get it, you just need 10k gold and patience. Once you have it, just put an order on tp and wait, like I did. It's nice to have these hard-to-get things in game, keeps the excitement going. After all, it doesn't give you any advantage, it's a purely cosmetical item. By making it craftable you diminish it's value because now it becomes available to virtually everyone.

> Not really. Think about it this way. They need something to motivate players to do old content like chak gerent meta in Tangled Depths. It's not one of the easiest metas as it is easy to fail, and the map is confusing to a lot of players (although I personally really like it). So you would see why people wouldn't want to come back to it unless there was some special reward involved. And here comes chak egg sac. Just for a chance to win the jackpot and get that easy 10k people keep coming back and killing gerent.

>

> And you can still get it, you just need 10k gold and patience. Once you have it, just put an order on tp and wait, like I did. It's nice to have these hard-to-get things in game, keeps the excitement going. After all, it doesn't give you any advantage, it's a purely cosmetical item. By making it craftable you diminish it's value because now it becomes available to virtually everyone.

> @Abelisk.4527 said:

> The fact that the item is on the TP indicates it was sold on the TP.

>

> I remember when the Festive Confetti Infusion wasn't on the TP. Then poof somebody got one and sold one, it popped up on the TP.

>

>

No, there are account bound things like the spearmarshal recipes on the tp that cannot be sold and are there anyways, tp the truth mirror like you think it is.

> Not really. Think about it this way. They need something to motivate players to do old content like chak gerent meta in Tangled Depths. It's not one of the easiest metas as it is easy to fail, and the map is confusing to a lot of players (although I personally really like it). So you would see why people wouldn't want to come back to it unless there was some special reward involved. And here comes chak egg sac. Just for a chance to win the jackpot and get that easy 10k people keep coming back and killing gerent.

>

> And you can still get it, you just need 10k gold and patience. Once you have it, just put an order on tp and wait, like I did. It's nice to have these hard-to-get things in game, keeps the excitement going. After all, it doesn't give you any advantage, it's a purely cosmetical item. By making it craftable you diminish it's value because now it becomes available to virtually everyone.

You can still do that without locking it behind an impossible drop rate, if that were the cause no one would be doing any of the older living world seasons, i don't mind something to strive for but 10times in about 2 years is obscene, not even the most korean mmos do this.

> @Genesis.5169 said:

> You can still do that without locking it behind an impossible drop rate, if that were the cause no one would be doing any of the older living world seasons, i don't mind something to strive for but 10times in about 2 years is obscene, not even the most korean mmos do this.

Remember that not everyone uses TP. I've seen chak egg sac go for 15k, but people don't put it on tp of course because TP limit is 10k. Instead they trade in PM (high risk to get scammed of course, but it's their choice). So they either trade it for a few legendaries (or other expensive items), sell for real money or make a pay plan for a few months (as there's a limit to how much gold you can send to a person per month). All these chak egg sacs would not be included in tp graphics of course.

>

> > @Genesis.5169 said:

>

> > You can still do that without locking it behind an impossible drop rate, if that were the cause no one would be doing any of the older living world seasons, i don't mind something to strive for but 10times in about 2 years is obscene, not even the most korean mmos do this.

>

> Remember that not everyone uses TP. I've seen chak egg sac go for 15k, but people don't put it on tp of course because TP limit is 10k. Instead they trade in PM (high risk to get scammed of course, but it's their choice). So they either trade it for a few legendaries (or other expensive items), sell for real money or make a pay plan for a few months (as there's a limit to how much gold you can send to a person per month). All these chak egg sacs would not be included in tp graphics of course.

>

You know u can only trade 500g a week right unless your given them 15k worth of stuff this is utter bs.

> @Genesis.5169 said:

> You know u can only trade 500g a week right unless your given them 15k worth of stuff this is utter bs.

That's why some of the most expensive items are sold for real cash outside the game.

Talking about this, i wonder how they manage to deal with this kind of traders.

I mean

First Case

> Player A uses his account with a bot and sell the golds or items to player B

Here the questions

1. Will player A be banned?

2. Will player B be banned?

Second Case

> Player A drop an item and send it through Mail to player B. We are not able to know anything else about the 2 players ( if they are friends, if there we a real cash trade outside the game, etc )

1. Will player A be banned?

2. Will player B be banned?

I ask since i heard different rumors about illegal trades, and scams... but still i don't know what is or not the truth.

Some examples:

* If a player got scammed the scammer is permabanned, but the item/golds are lost.

* If a player buy golds from a farmer, only the seller will be banned.

* Accepting a Mail does make you culprit ( ie, the sender sent a mail to the wrong person ).

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Why is the assumption that every Egg Sac that dropped was sold on the TP? Did absolutely no one decide to keep it for themselves? Decide to keep it to sell later? As mentioned above, trade it for 3 or 4 Legendaries? How is the Trading Post proof that _only_ 10 dropped in 2 years?

I've also asked if anyone has it or if anyone has seen it some one responded to my request i believe the item exist that issue was resolved like 10posts ago.

> @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > You know u can only trade 500g a week right unless your given them 15k worth of stuff this is utter bs.

>

> That's why some of the most expensive items are sold for real cash outside the game.

>

> Talking about this, i wonder how they manage to deal with this kind of traders.

> I mean

>

> First Case

>

> > Player A uses his account with a bot and sell the golds or items to player B

>

> Here the questions

>

> 1. Will player A be banned?

> 2. Will player B be banned?

>

> Second Case

>

> > Player A drop an item and send it through Mail to player B. We are not able to know anything else about the 2 players ( if they are friends, if there we a real cash trade outside the game, etc )

>

> 1. Will player A be banned?

> 2. Will player B be banned?

>

> I ask since i heard different rumors about illegal trades, and scams... but still i don't know what is or not the truth.

>

> Some examples:

>

> * If a player got scammed the scammer is permabanned, but the item/golds are lost.

> * If a player buy golds from a farmer, only the seller will be banned.

> * Accepting a Mail does make you culprit ( ie, the sender sent a mail to the wrong person ).

You know this is an interesting question i'm interested in the answer as well.

> @Genesis.5169 said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Why is the assumption that every Egg Sac that dropped was sold on the TP? Did absolutely no one decide to keep it for themselves? Decide to keep it to sell later? As mentioned above, trade it for 3 or 4 Legendaries? How is the Trading Post proof that _only_ 10 dropped in 2 years?

>

> I've also asked if anyone has it or if anyone has seen it some one responded to my request i believe the item exist that issue was resolved like 10posts ago.

>

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > You know u can only trade 500g a week right unless your given them 15k worth of stuff this is utter bs.

> >

> > That's why some of the most expensive items are sold for real cash outside the game.

> >

> > Talking about this, i wonder how they manage to deal with this kind of traders.

> > I mean

> >

> > First Case

> >

> > > Player A uses his account with a bot and sell the golds or items to player B

> >

> > Here the questions

> >

> > 1. Will player A be banned?

> > 2. Will player B be banned?

> >

> > Second Case

> >

> > > Player A drop an item and send it through Mail to player B. We are not able to know anything else about the 2 players ( if they are friends, if there we a real cash trade outside the game, etc )

> >

> > 1. Will player A be banned?

> > 2. Will player B be banned?

> >

> > I ask since i heard different rumors about illegal trades, and scams... but still i don't know what is or not the truth.

> >

> > Some examples:

> >

> > * If a player got scammed the scammer is permabanned, but the item/golds are lost.

> > * If a player buy golds from a farmer, only the seller will be banned.

> > * Accepting a Mail does make you culprit ( ie, the sender sent a mail to the wrong person ).

>

> You know this is an interesting question i'm interested in the answer as well.

The post is not about whether the item exists, _we_ already knew that. It is about the drop rate you are stating: _only_ 10 in 2 years.

As for the 'rumors':

If a scam takes place, policy is the scammer will be actioned, items/Gold will not be recovered/replaced.

RMT-purchased Gold will be removed from an account. Habitual buyers will be actioned.

It's best to leave any substantial amounts of Gold/expensive items in a mail from an unknown player and contact the CS Team to avoid consequences.

> @Genesis.5169 said:

> > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > > > @LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:

> > > > > > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > > > >Because i'm not convinced its actually in the game.

> > > > > Despite the YouTube vids showing off their effects? Or the pics on the very pages you linked? They're real and do drop, but their drop-rates are absurdly low.

> > > >

> > > > They were released in the cash shop in china before hand as the wiki stated.

> > >

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charged_Quartz_Orichalcum_Amulet_of_the_Exalted

> > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charged_Quartz_Orichalcum_Amulet_of_the_Chak

> > > > >

> > > > > If anyone has gotten a drop please post if not something got to give, with the drop rate of this infusion or give us an alternative way to farm it. Because i'm not convinced its actually in the game.

> > > >

> > > > Some people aren't convinced that humans walked on the moon, either, despite evidence. If you don't believe the API (which shows they are in the game and, using GW2 efficiency, an estimate of how many people have them), then I'm not sure what to tell you.

> > > > * [GW2/E on Chak Egg Sacs](https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.chakEggSacks) — one person has 7; someone within even just one would be in the 99.5 %tle.

> > > > * [GW2/E for Liquid Aurillium](https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.liquidAurillium) — one person has 6; ditto for 99.5%tile

> > > >

> > > > They are just incredibly rare, and I think that's fine: it's good for the game to have a tiny number of items that aren't owned by even one in a thousand players. Gives us all something to look forward to, something to dream of.

> > >

> > > This tells me nothing because it was available to buy in the gem store...

> >

> > People have answered your question, yet you do nothing but dismiss their answers because why exactly? You're obviously not going to be happy until someone tells you that they don't drop at all (which isn't true, they have been seen in NA and EU servers. like jesus kitten the chinese cash shop can't get an item onto those servers anyway), so what was the point of this thread?

> >

> > Also, the exalted one was bugged for a loooong time I believe, but they finally fixed it a few months ago so that it actually does drop.

>

> I want some one to tell me they have it or they have seen some one who told them it droped, and i will back off all i have gotten has been website where 7ppl have gotten who have played for over 4k hours so they could have gotten the item from the gem store or from a chinese website.

>

> Now if you have nothing to add to this thread like the others please move along, i do apperciate the others posting if it doesn't seem that way i apologize.

>

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > This tells me nothing because it was available to buy in the gem store...

> > > >

> > > > No, only in China, which doesn't share the API with the EU/NA trading post. There's a lot of stuff that people in CN can get off the gem shop.

> > > > (And that only applies to the Aurillium, not to the Chak Egg Sac.)

> > > >

> > > > If it had been available in EU/NA on the gem shop, I can assure that tons more people would have it.

> > >

> > > I wanna believe they don't share the same API but i need a citation on that, if that is the case ill back off and say your right.

> >

> > You're the one making the extraordinary claims. If you don't want to trust my word, that's fine; you can find the citation showing that any part of what's in the CN game can be made available to the EU/NA API or TP.

>

> If you tell me they are on different API's and i say prove it, then you tell me to look it up my self doesn't that seem to be off as tho your talking out of your kitten if you bring up something like the TP netcode and can't back up your claims? For all you know the drops can still be broken because you didn't know they were broken before until anet told you, and im the one being unreasonable for being apprehensive?

>

> You serious? Don't bring up such a huge claim if you can't back it smart people aren't gonna take your answer and say "okay".

People HAVE given you evidence that they drop in game. Hell there are videos of players in the NA server stacking these infusions. What more evidence could you want? You've dismissed every piece of evidence given to you, all while crying that no one has shown you any. You can't have it both ways.

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > @OriOri.8724 said:

> > > > > > @LightningWolfTigerBear.6725 said:

> > > > > > > @Genesis.5169 said:

> > > > > > >Because i'm not convinced its actually in the game.

> > > > > > Despite the YouTube vids showing off their effects? Or the pics on the very pages you linked? They're real and do drop, but their drop-rates are absurdly low.

> > > > >

> > > > > They were released in the cash shop in china before hand as the wiki stated.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charged_Quartz_Orichalcum_Amulet_of_the_Exalted

> > > > > > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charged_Quartz_Orichalcum_Amulet_of_the_Chak

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If anyone has gotten a drop please post if not something got to give, with the drop rate of this infusion or give us an alternative way to farm it. Because i'm not convinced its actually in the game.

> > > > >

> > > > > Some people aren't convinced that humans walked on the moon, either, despite evidence. If you don't believe the API (which shows they are in the game and, using GW2 efficiency, an estimate of how many people have them), then I'm not sure what to tell you.

> > > > > * [GW2/E on Chak Egg Sacs](https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.chakEggSacks) — one person has 7; someone within even just one would be in the 99.5 %tle.

> > > > > * [GW2/E for Liquid Aurillium](https://gw2efficiency.com/account/statistics/statistics.liquidAurillium) — one person has 6; ditto for 99.5%tile

> > > > >

> > > > > They are just incredibly rare, and I think that's fine: it's good for the game to have a tiny number of items that aren't owned by even one in a thousand players. Gives us all something to look forward to, something to dream of.

> > > >

> > > > This tells me nothing because it was available to buy in the gem store...

> > >

> > > People have answered your question, yet you do nothing but dismiss their answers because why exactly? You're obviously not going to be happy until someone tells you that they don't drop at all (which isn't true, they have been seen in NA and EU servers. like jesus kitten the chinese cash shop can't get an item onto those servers anyway), so what was the point of this thread?

> > >

> > > Also, the exalted one was bugged for a loooong time I believe, but they finally fixed it a few months ago so that it actually does drop.

> >

> > I want some one to tell me they have it or they have seen some one who told them it droped, and i will back off all i have gotten has been website where 7ppl have gotten who have played for over 4k hours so they could have gotten the item from the gem store or from a chinese website.

> >

> > Now if you have nothing to add to this thread like the others please move along, i do apperciate the others posting if it doesn't seem that way i apologize.

> >

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > > > This tells me nothing because it was available to buy in the gem store...

> > > > >

> > > > > No, only in China, which doesn't share the API with the EU/NA trading post. There's a lot of stuff that people in CN can get off the gem shop.

> > > > > (And that only applies to the Aurillium, not to the Chak Egg Sac.)

> > > > >

> > > > > If it had been available in EU/NA on the gem shop, I can assure that tons more people would have it.

> > > >

> > > > I wanna believe they don't share the same API but i need a citation on that, if that is the case ill back off and say your right.

> > >

> > > You're the one making the extraordinary claims. If you don't want to trust my word, that's fine; you can find the citation showing that any part of what's in the CN game can be made available to the EU/NA API or TP.

> >

> > If you tell me they are on different API's and i say prove it, then you tell me to look it up my self doesn't that seem to be off as tho your talking out of your kitten if you bring up something like the TP netcode and can't back up your claims? For all you know the drops can still be broken because you didn't know they were broken before until anet told you, and im the one being unreasonable for being apprehensive?

> >

> > You serious? Don't bring up such a huge claim if you can't back it smart people aren't gonna take your answer and say "okay".

>

> People HAVE given you evidence that they drop in game. Hell there are videos of players in the NA server stacking these infusions. What more evidence could you want? You've dismissed every piece of evidence given to you, all while crying that no one has shown you any. You can't have it both ways.

Did you read the thread i already yielded to a guy on a thread who had the item. Man you guys just looking to say i told you so too quickly.

I've seen a number of players with egg sac aura. It is very hard to miss. However, the Auric aura is very subtle and I'm not even sure I would notice it tbh.

As has been stated these items are likely the same drop rate as other infusions like Halloween and Christmas infusions, except where you can open thousands of those for a much higher chance in a small period of time, the boss drop infusions are from boss chests that are literally once per day, per account.

It has been estimated through research on the more common infusions that drop from bags and can more easily tested, the infusion drop chance is generally 0.01% or 1/10,000.

So one one hand you can have a single player to open 10,000 bags by themselves in one sitting for a Halloween infusion, you would literally need 10,000 players to complete a TD meta for the eggs sac to have the same chance of appearing.

It is interesting to note that the queen bee aura from SW is relatively common, however that is unlikely due to a higher drop rate, but instead due to the sheer popularity of SW as a farming spot compared with something like a successful TD meta.

> @Esquilax.3491 said:

> I've seen a number of players with egg sac aura. It is very hard to miss. However, the Auric aura is very subtle and I'm not even sure I would notice it tbh.

>

> As has been stated these items are likely the same drop rate as other infusions like Halloween and Christmas infusions, except where you can open thousands of those for a much higher chance in a small period of time, the boss drop infusions are from boss chests that are literally once per day, per account.

>

> It has been estimated through research on the more common infusions that drop from bags and can more easily tested, the infusion drop chance is generally 0.01% or 1/10,000.

>

> So one one hand you can have a single player to open 10,000 bags by themselves in one sitting for a Halloween infusion, you would literally need 10,000 players to complete a TD meta for the eggs sac to have the same chance of appearing.

>

> It is interesting to note that the queen bee aura from SW is relatively common, however that is unlikely due to a higher drop rate, but instead due to the sheer popularity of SW as a farming spot compared with something like a successful TD meta.

I believe AB is done as much as SW though, which is why i had my apprehensions i see where your coming from though. Later i may or may not post a thread on making some of these infusions craftable or done via achievements, i just haven't thought of an angle to use to convince the massive and anet yet.

> @Esquilax.3491 said:

> I've seen a number of players with egg sac aura. It is very hard to miss. However, the Auric aura is very subtle and I'm not even sure I would notice it tbh.

>

> As has been stated these items are likely the same drop rate as other infusions like Halloween and Christmas infusions, except where you can open thousands of those for a much higher chance in a small period of time, the boss drop infusions are from boss chests that are literally once per day, per account.

>

> It has been estimated through research on the more common infusions that drop from bags and can more easily tested, the infusion drop chance is generally 0.01% or 1/10,000.

>

> So one one hand you can have a single player to open 10,000 bags by themselves in one sitting for a Halloween infusion, you would literally need 10,000 players to complete a TD meta for the eggs sac to have the same chance of appearing.

>

> It is interesting to note that the queen bee aura from SW is relatively common, however that is unlikely due to a higher drop rate, but instead due to the sheer popularity of SW as a farming spot compared with something like a successful TD meta.

I believe AB is done as much as SW though, which is why i had my apprehensions i see where your coming from though. Later i may or may not post a thread on making some of these infusions craftable or done via achievements, i just haven't thought of an angle to use to convince the massive and anet yet.

> @Genesis.5169 said:

> > @Esquilax.3491 said:

> > I've seen a number of players with egg sac aura. It is very hard to miss. However, the Auric aura is very subtle and I'm not even sure I would notice it tbh.

> >

> > As has been stated these items are likely the same drop rate as other infusions like Halloween and Christmas infusions, except where you can open thousands of those for a much higher chance in a small period of time, the boss drop infusions are from boss chests that are literally once per day, per account.

> >

> > It has been estimated through research on the more common infusions that drop from bags and can more easily tested, the infusion drop chance is generally 0.01% or 1/10,000.

> >

> > So one one hand you can have a single player to open 10,000 bags by themselves in one sitting for a Halloween infusion, you would literally need 10,000 players to complete a TD meta for the eggs sac to have the same chance of appearing.

> >

> > It is interesting to note that the queen bee aura from SW is relatively common, however that is unlikely due to a higher drop rate, but instead due to the sheer popularity of SW as a farming spot compared with something like a successful TD meta.

>

> I believe AB is done as much as SW though, which is why i had my apprehensions i see where your coming from though. Later i may or may not post a thread on making some of these infusions craftable or done via achievements, i just haven't thought of an angle to use to convince the massive and anet yet.

> @Genesis.5169 said:

> > @electricwater.1572 said:

> > Not really. Think about it this way. They need something to motivate players to do old content like chak gerent meta in Tangled Depths. It's not one of the easiest metas as it is easy to fail, and the map is confusing to a lot of players (although I personally really like it). So you would see why people wouldn't want to come back to it unless there was some special reward involved. And here comes chak egg sac. Just for a chance to win the jackpot and get that easy 10k people keep coming back and killing gerent.

> >

> > And you can still get it, you just need 10k gold and patience. Once you have it, just put an order on tp and wait, like I did. It's nice to have these hard-to-get things in game, keeps the excitement going. After all, it doesn't give you any advantage, it's a purely cosmetical item. By making it craftable you diminish it's value because now it becomes available to virtually everyone.

>

> > @electricwater.1572 said:

> >

> > > You can still do that without locking it behind an impossible drop rate, if that were the cause no one would be doing any of the older living world seasons, i don't mind something to strive for but 10times in about 2 years is obscene, not even the most korean mmos do this.

> >

> > Remember that not everyone uses TP. I've seen chak egg sac go for 15k, but people don't put it on tp of course because TP limit is 10k. Instead they trade in PM (high risk to get scammed of course, but it's their choice). So they either trade it for a few legendaries (or other expensive items), sell for real money or make a pay plan for a few months (as there's a limit to how much gold you can send to a person per month). All these chak egg sacs would not be included in tp graphics of course.

> >

>

> You know u can only trade 500g a week right unless your given them 15k worth of stuff this is utter bs.

Late to this party... but 500g is only the cap. amount to pull out of the mail system (this is also shared with the gold pulled out from Guild Bank in that week), you can still send over 500g (would just take X weeks to pull out whatever amount) http://prntscr.com/hg6lre(Item with the Chak egg infusion) I bought mine for 10k off the TP with the bid order no longer than 2 days (quite surprised myself). I would say with how often TD meta is actually still running nowdays and increasing rarity, it would be closer to the 15k mark that I would definitely be selling for (had I wanted to sell such a nice aura). http://prntscr.com/hg6mof (visible effect). I would like it to remain just as rare for the item it is.

I personally don't think that the item should be as rare as it is, but then again, I'm also the kind of player who doesn't give a hoot about "exclusivity". Whether there's 100 or 100,000 people all running around using the same look I am makes no difference to me; I only care about what MY character looks like. Other people can dress how they want.

As for the OP's question, it DOES drop, but it's just insanely rare. (And I suspect the new Festive infusion is just as rare.) This, unfortunately, also means that it's FAR easier for TP barons to corner the market on it. The fact that someone linked to GWE on the first page about someone having 7 of them leads me to suspect that someone is indeed doing just that. I don't know whether they're doing it just as a store of wealth, or whether they're doing something more insidious like selling them via gray market channels. Either way, I don't feel it's healthy for a game's economy to allow players to control the supply of an item like that.

People don't come to TD for gerent and egg sack, it is too inefficient to farm it. They come to TD to farm ley crystals and gift of the chak for maguuma legendaries, or partially for aspects of legendary armor. I have seen one chak egg sack in the time i have been playing and it's on a distasteful enemy mirage in wvw I see all the time. The simple solution would be adding it to the loot pool for crystalline caches, or some other collection achievement.

Adding to the inefficient farming point, the meta cooldown is 2hrs, so that means you can only do it 12 times a day lol. Added to the ridiculously low rate, of course there is barely any on the market.

• 2 months later...

I know the conversation has moved on since the original post, but I can confirm it dropped for me the other day. Couldn't believe it. People on the map were saying to keep it and use it, but 10K gold was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Can't speak to the drop rate, but I can speak to how much I play. I probably play up to 10 hours a week, and do Chak Gerent about 4 times a week.

Either I am amazingly lucky, or the drop rate is a bit higher than you might think.