Could cross specialization ever become a thing?

Do you guys think that Arenanet would ever allow us to take some elements we like from 1 class (like Revenant staff skills) and apply to our favorite class.

Obviously I would expect there to be some restrictions,such as you can only cross specialize with a class from your same profession (soldier,adventurer,scholar) meaning that you could only mix revenant with warrior or guardian.

They already do that with elite specializations. For example, the Dragonhunter is a blend of Hunter and Guardian. The Firebrand is a blend of Warrior and Guardian. What I would like to see is the ability to have two elite specs concurrently active. Firebrand (for axe skills) AND Dragonhunter (for longbow skills).

> @Korval.3751 said:

> They already do that with elite specializations. For example, the Dragonhunter is a blend of Hunter and Guardian.

It's a very nieche mix of traper ranger and generic guardian and not all elite specializations do this, the warrior specializations for example are anything but blends of 2 core GW2 classes....I was thinking a more.....direct aproach as in, having all Revenant staff attacks available on a Guardian.