Internet speed upgrade needed?

Hey there, my wife and I enjoy playing Guild Wars 2 together. We both own all of the content thus far, but we're noticing a bit of a latency issue. Somewhat frequently, while we're playing together, we'll both get disconnected from the server. Our wifi never dies during these errors--neither of us see a warning symbol on our wifi icons, and all other connections we have are persistent.

We have XFINITY with a 25-30 Mbps down speed, 5-6 Mbps up speed, and around 10-20 ping. We are located on the east coast, so we're not too affected by the Amazon server problems. We have a dual-band router and use the 5GHz band for our computers.

I want to know if making an upgrade to 100 Mbps down (the next tier XFINITY offers) is necessary or worth doing. This sounds like it could be a packet loss issue, which wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with download speed.

Could be anything really. First u can run something like pingplotter or gw2Diagnosis Tool to see ur ping during the route to the servers.U will see if there is packet loss, where is it coming from, or if its a routing problem. Then there are applications that modify your registry for slightly better ping like Leatrix Latency Fix. And then u can try connecting through a VPN. Battleping,WTFast etc etc. Most latency problems are not a bandwith issue. As someone said above 10mb vs 100mb wont actually make much difference when playing games as ping/latency/packet loss are hardly about bandwith. U can call your isp and try to see if there's anything that can be done but generally ISP's technical support is a mess and rarely solves the issue.