How about an unranked 2v2 queue?

Kraitan.8476

Some

Mates and I really love to play 2v2s. But going in lfg or hotm and looking for 2 enemies to fight makes it too much of a hassle to do it. I honestly feel like the newly added 2v2 map will see less playtime than the stronghold debacle. Does anyone have any insight as to what the point of adding it was? Surely they must have known it was going to die without a queue? Edit: sorry for bad editing etc, posted this from my phone which isn’t exactly the best of friends with the ‘new’ gw2 forums.

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> they did know that it was going to die without a queue, we all told them so. we were ignored

>

> sadly, anet has also told us that they have **NO INTENTION** to develop any new gamemodes. so you won't get it

Do you happen to have a link to that quote? I'd love to see it

> @Kraitan.8476 said:

> > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > they did know that it was going to die without a queue, we all told them so. we were ignored

> >

> > sadly, anet has also told us that they have **NO INTENTION** to develop any new gamemodes. so you won't get it

>

> Do you happen to have a link to that quote? I'd love to see it

they deleted the old forum, sorry

> @Kraitan.8476 said:

> Some

> Mates and I really love to play 2v2s. But going in lfg or hotm and looking for 2 enemies to fight makes it too much of a hassle to do it. I honestly feel like the newly added 2v2 map will see less playtime than the stronghold debacle. Does anyone have any insight as to what the point of adding it was? Surely they must have known it was going to die without a queue? Edit: sorry for bad editing etc, posted this from my phone which isn’t exactly the best of friends with the ‘new’ gw2 forums.

If you want 2v2 go play that new PvP oriented game on Steam called Battlerite.

GW2's balance philosophy just simply can't support any form of quality 2v2 matches. Because of the way classes are currently balanced and their mechanics. ANet would have to completely redo all of the classes from scratch. In order to provide quality, worthwhile 2v2 matches. I'd even say 3v3s would be stretching it too low.

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > @Kraitan.8476 said:

> > Some

> > Mates and I really love to play 2v2s. But going in lfg or hotm and looking for 2 enemies to fight makes it too much of a hassle to do it. I honestly feel like the newly added 2v2 map will see less playtime than the stronghold debacle. Does anyone have any insight as to what the point of adding it was? Surely they must have known it was going to die without a queue? Edit: sorry for bad editing etc, posted this from my phone which isn’t exactly the best of friends with the ‘new’ gw2 forums.

>

> If you want 2v2 go play that new PvP oriented game on Steam called Battlerite.

>

> GW2's balance philosophy just simply can't support any form of quality 2v2 matches. Because of the way classes are currently balanced and their mechanics. ANet would have to completely redo all of the classes from scratch. In order to provide quality, worthwhile 2v2 matches. I'd even say 3v3s would be stretching it too low.

Battlerite is balanced for 3v3 first. Second, they have also meta-champs and meta-duos. Its not so bad like in gw2 pvp, but at end you have the same discussions and problems around the game-mode. Balance is a myth. Means not gw2 pvp at the moment is not totaly broken, i agree with you.

> @Xibalbar.7459 said:

> > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > > @Kraitan.8476 said:

> > > Some

> > > Mates and I really love to play 2v2s. But going in lfg or hotm and looking for 2 enemies to fight makes it too much of a hassle to do it. I honestly feel like the newly added 2v2 map will see less playtime than the stronghold debacle. Does anyone have any insight as to what the point of adding it was? Surely they must have known it was going to die without a queue? Edit: sorry for bad editing etc, posted this from my phone which isn’t exactly the best of friends with the ‘new’ gw2 forums.

> >

> > If you want 2v2 go play that new PvP oriented game on Steam called Battlerite.

> >

> > GW2's balance philosophy just simply can't support any form of quality 2v2 matches. Because of the way classes are currently balanced and their mechanics. ANet would have to completely redo all of the classes from scratch. In order to provide quality, worthwhile 2v2 matches. I'd even say 3v3s would be stretching it too low.

>

> Battlerite is balanced for 3v3 first. Second, they have also meta-champs and meta-duos. Its not so bad like in gw2 pvp, but at end you have the same discussions and problems around the game-mode. Balance is a myth. Means not gw2 pvp at the moment is not totaly broken, i agree with you.

True balance is always a myth. However that has not stop any of those successful PvP titles. From continuously pursuing this myth.

However the difference here in GW2. Is the fact that the makers and investors of this game. Are completely content with giving up, on any semblance of balance. I would have to admit as do a lot of MMO titles do. However what we see here is a special type of low, and disregard.

Thus players just either spend much less time here. Or some players no longer touch the game mode. And then you have the absolute extreme, where players no longer even play this game at all.

It's pretty sad when you think about it. GW2's combat system had a severe potential to break the MMO pvp curse. However it's makers and investors just didn't have the resolve to see it thru. Thus has pretty much gave up on all forms of player versus player interaction in this game. I dare even say GW2's combat system could've even top the MOBAs.

But again at last, there is nothing we players can say or type. in order to get ANet to change their minds. Thus, all is truly vain.

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > @Xibalbar.7459 said:

> > > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > > > @Kraitan.8476 said:

> > > > Some

> > > > Mates and I really love to play 2v2s. But going in lfg or hotm and looking for 2 enemies to fight makes it too much of a hassle to do it. I honestly feel like the newly added 2v2 map will see less playtime than the stronghold debacle. Does anyone have any insight as to what the point of adding it was? Surely they must have known it was going to die without a queue? Edit: sorry for bad editing etc, posted this from my phone which isn’t exactly the best of friends with the ‘new’ gw2 forums.

> > >

> > > If you want 2v2 go play that new PvP oriented game on Steam called Battlerite.

> > >

> > > GW2's balance philosophy just simply can't support any form of quality 2v2 matches. Because of the way classes are currently balanced and their mechanics. ANet would have to completely redo all of the classes from scratch. In order to provide quality, worthwhile 2v2 matches. I'd even say 3v3s would be stretching it too low.

> >

> > Battlerite is balanced for 3v3 first. Second, they have also meta-champs and meta-duos. Its not so bad like in gw2 pvp, but at end you have the same discussions and problems around the game-mode. Balance is a myth. Means not gw2 pvp at the moment is not totaly broken, i agree with you.

>

> True balance is always a myth. However that has not stop any of those successful PvP titles. From continuously pursuing this myth.

>

> However the difference here in GW2. Is the fact that the makers and investors of this game. Are completely content with giving up, on any semblance of balance. I would have to admit as do a lot of MMO titles do. However what we see here is a special type of low, and disregard.

>

> Thus players just either spend much less time here. Or some players no longer touch the game mode. And then you have the absolute extreme, where players no longer even play this game at all.

>

> It's pretty sad when you think about it. GW2's combat system had a severe potential to break the MMO pvp curse. However it's makers and investors just didn't have the resolve to see it thru. Thus has pretty much gave up on all forms of player versus player interaction in this game. I dare even say GW2's combat system could've even top the MOBAs.

>

> But again at last, there is nothing we players can say or type. in order to get ANet to change their minds. Thus, all is truly vain.

I agree to all what you say. I cant understand it just for myself why they not fixing broken things for a more healthy expirience in spvp. Some things are l2p issues, but if i see every season there is one monster making it unenjoyable, i find myself frustraded back. Every match so far tends to be a 2v2 necro/fb in mid while you only can play around with few specs/builds.At this point i dont understand why anet gives us not some 5v5 deathmatch or 4v4,3v3,2v2. The balance isnt great for conquest, so why we should not have a different gamemode with same problems but fresher style of play/pvp. My playtime also is gone for the last 4 months and i stop this season also, because i dont see any fun on it.

Next thing is the missing teamQ for ranked. My team was waiting, even if it was 20 minutes and we had great matches against bowscope as example and we improved alot. We had trainingdays, a roster, lot of members. But with the duoQ no guild/team was needed. With soloQ i cant play ranked with a friend. I missing alot of the basic things around pvp and i guess this is what happens if you listen to the "casual-pve-ish" part of players. Every game turns more and more to a 1 man show and the content is designed for soloplayers. This is against the logic of an mmo so far, but its the current way lots of games specially in this market gone. And lots of them died because of this. I dont wants to say gw2 will, but it makes me said to see something so good will be killed over the long term.

Sadly too much time and effort has been put into the crappy of crappy game modes known as conquest. It may be too late for gw2 pvp. If they actually did a 2v2 tdm que (which they said will never happen) conq as we know it would die since no one would play conq. Then anet would be forced to make a TDM version of all the conq maps otherwise it's waste all the time put into them.