Who is the writing team at ArenaNet right now?

Erasculio.2914

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"azureai.9764" said:

> How's Michael Yichao fitting in over there, Bobby? I liked him a lot when he was a writer for Magic: The Gathering.

He's great! Though his time on the team is coming to a close--he's moving on to new opportunities very soon. We'll miss him, and we wish him well on his new endeavors. He's a very talented guy.

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"Bobby Stein.3612" said:

> > > @zealex.9410 said:

> > > Didnt make it to the Ama so ill ask here which raid is your favourite?

> >

> > In terms of writing? Bastion. Had a wonderful time collaborating with the team. A lot went into it.

>

>

>

> Very interested in where those bosses at the end came from. I can't remember is it was hinted or just my own thoughts, but I got the feeling they're related to Janthir. Hope we get those areas up there some day

We never explicitly say, though we imply they come from a "demon" realm that might be tied to the mursaat somehow.

> @"Bobby Stein.3612" said:

> > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > @"Bobby Stein.3612" said:

> > > > @zealex.9410 said:

> > > > Didnt make it to the Ama so ill ask here which raid is your favourite?

> > >

> > > In terms of writing? Bastion. Had a wonderful time collaborating with the team. A lot went into it.

> >

> >

> >

> > Very interested in where those bosses at the end came from. I can't remember is it was hinted or just my own thoughts, but I got the feeling they're related to Janthir. Hope we get those areas up there some day

>

> We never explicitly say, though we imply they come from **a "demon" realm that might be tied to the mursaat somehow.**

would really love to know more about that !

> @"nighthawke.3075" said:

> > @"Bobby Stein.3612" said:

> > > @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > > > @"Bobby Stein.3612" said:

> > > > > @zealex.9410 said:

> > > > > Didnt make it to the Ama so ill ask here which raid is your favourite?

> > > >

> > > > In terms of writing? Bastion. Had a wonderful time collaborating with the team. A lot went into it.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Very interested in where those bosses at the end came from. I can't remember is it was hinted or just my own thoughts, but I got the feeling they're related to Janthir. Hope we get those areas up there some day

> >

> > We never explicitly say, though we imply they come from **a "demon" realm that might be tied to the mursaat somehow.**

>

> would really love to know more about that !

Yes aaaah that's so interesting! How is an alternate realm, a demonic one at that, related to the mursaat? My first guess is another question - where did they go specifically when they "left the world and went into the mists"? With the implied ties to janthir for the race (and a lack of any other reason to visit janthir for the moment), I think this would be a great expansion - demonic incursion of unknown demons from an unknown realm (I love the six gods stuff but if they made those realms then surely the mists already had something similar for the rest of creation - is there hell or an underworld that's more general than that of a human god?). Incursion, and we have to find out why, what they are, how they're getting to tyria, and how to stop it. Alongside tons of new lore which anet will have lots of freedom to write without worrying about pas works, they can expand on mursaat history

> @"Bobby Stein.3612" said:

> > @"azureai.9764" said:

> > How's Michael Yichao fitting in over there, Bobby? I liked him a lot when he was a writer for Magic: The Gathering.

>

> He's great! Though his time on the team is coming to a close--he's moving on to new opportunities very soon. We'll miss him, and we wish him well on his new endeavors. He's a very talented guy.

That's too bad to hear! Hope your writing team goes on to do great things (please write more for charr).