[QoL] More immersive and interactive Items and Emotes!

Tenno.3419

Hi there!

Have you ever travelled throughout Tyria and stopped by a place where you were like:'Damn, this place is beautiful!' ? I am sure every player had at least one moment in their GW2 career where they had similiar thoughts. Imagine you are playing with your friends and you happen to discover a really cool tavern with awesome music and NPCs with interesting dialogues but you cant even take a sit on a stool. That's a massive immersion breaker in my honest opinion. There is so much love for details in this game but you can't use its potential to its fullest. What is the point in decorating your guild hall if you cant make use of chairs, stools, couches or any other seating possibilities? I also recommend interactive emotes that allow you to perform funny little actions with other players (friends of course) - such as dancing or even flexing together. I think small changes like these could mean the world for a lot of RP'ers or just people that want to have a more immersive feeling.

What's your opinion about this? Should ArenaNet work on this or is everything fine at the moment? Please let me know in the comments!

Hopefully this thread can get something going!

-Tenno

Yes gw2 needs more RP, more sophisticated instruments, emote, ambiences, dialogs.... One of my idea was making able players to use a custom speech: You enter the text in a special channel in chat, and you character say literally what you have wrote, and I KNOW IT'S POSSIBLE as they make this for cinematic/dialogs in personal story instances. Emotes are already very detailed and diversified... Maybe adding a malicious pose: player is kneeling and rubbing his hands with a small mad laugh and a magical pose like if you are preparing an incantation. And so also the personal story should be character-centered and not about dragons. It's guild wars not dragon wars

@"Genesis.5169" Oh god, I am sure you could create a lot of funny content with these improvements!! Hit me up, if this YouTube Stuff ever happens! :D

@"Ardid.7203" The RP-Community definitely deserves some more love by ArenaNet!

@"hugo.4705" I am all in for new instruments, dialogues and emotes! However I am not sure about custom speech since the dialogues for the story are pre-written and the voice actors therefore know what they have to read, I dont think that the game engine can just use the voice of a voice actor and read what a player has written. You have to remember ArenaNet makes videogames and not voice-assisted translators like Google. And I definitely understand your feelings when you say you want the main story to be more character-centered and not about dragons but you have to remeber GW2 is all about the awakening of the elder dragons and re-writing the main story would be too har at this point for ArenaNet.