Power Mesmer/Chrono/Mirage current viability

KeoLegend.5132

Just wondering how good it fares with all that condi mirage fuzz out there.

Basicaly its Duel/Dom/Illu mesmer or Duel/x/Chronomancer. How well does power focused DPS mesmer/chrono doing on open world and endgame pve contente these days? (Note that i meant DPS, not support. Assasin's, Berserkers, etc)

Also, is there any good power mirage build going on for pve? Thanks

I've been looking for similar info as all my gear is the old school berserker,.. From what I've read and heard, right now Condi is King in DPS with Mirage, although everyone wants a Chronomancer for the support. Problem is, the best condi gear is from Heart of Thorns, Viper gear. The only way to get it is to grind HoT or have it made special which costs an arm and a leg. For the time being I've been getting by just fine with my power chronomancer and once I get the chance I'll get the Viper gear and upgrade to the bleeding edge gear...oh and I'm using Chronomancer runes,.. not sure if Scholar is better but I like the level 6 bonus with them,..

Power mesmer is a thing. Perhaps even one of the easiest builds to play, which provides acceptable damage. Im pretty sure raid trainers will allow the build since it gives you breathing room to learn mechanics of raiding. However it is not efficient since it provides no buffs/boons/utility. Which is kinda what you want. Call it a starters friendly build if you will...

Power chrono is even worse since it does even less damage cause you're giving up a damage modifying traitline for chrono. Mirage falls pretty much in the same catagory. I mean its nice to dance around. But the spec does not compliment the power damage aspect of the class. So with that in mind, its either your comen boonshare chrono. Or commit to condi mirage

For open world, you can run pretty much anything you like. No one will judge you for that. Tho see'ing how strong condi mirage is, i would recommand using that. If you want to persist on power mesmer, This is what i did use in open world before PoF:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsdRnsIClohtfCmpBEgiFWjq+Yb2oFN6muqjMBCggD-jBSBABmpEchTAwDHBA80Hc1+jyvIOEAA8AAoU9HA-e

> @GWMO.4785 said:

> Power mesmer is a thing. Perhaps even one of the easiest builds to play, which provides acceptable damage. Im pretty sure raid trainers will allow the build since it gives you breathing room to learn mechanics of raiding. However it is not efficient since it provides no buffs/boons/utility. Which is kinda what you want. Call it a starters friendly build if you will...

>

> Power chrono is even worse since it does even less damage cause you're giving up a damage modifying traitline for chrono. Mirage falls pretty much in the same catagory. I mean its nice to dance around. But the spec does not compliment the power damage aspect of the class. So with that in mind, its either your comen boonshare chrono. Or commit to condi mirage

>

> For open world, you can run pretty much anything you like. No one will judge you for that. Tho see'ing how strong condi mirage is, i would recommand using that. If you want to persist on power mesmer, This is what i did use in open world before PoF:

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsdRnsIClohtfCmpBEgiFWjq+Yb2oFN6muqjMBCggD-jBSBABmpEchTAwDHBA80Hc1+jyvIOEAA8AAoU9HA-e

Just remember, like he said,.. open world is very forgiving for builds.. I run a Power Chrono build and do just fine, until I can get my Viper gear,.. I enjoy the AOE aspect of the wells.. use a gravity well then drop 2 other wells on the whole group and blurred fenzy the lot of them and then because you use continuum shift before you used all those wells,.. guess what.. you get to use them all again!

> @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> DPS benchmarks: Power Mesmer 30.5k/30.9k & Power Chronomancer ...

> https://www.reddit.com › dps_b...

>

> Here are some dps benchmarks from august which shows a decent amount for power chrono on large targets. However it's nowhere near close to mirage dps and offers none of the utility of chrono tank.

But for Mirage to be effective you need a decent Viper set from what I gathered, and that's not easily attained. BTW your link only connects to the base reddit page

> @Seabhac.6824 said:

> > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > DPS benchmarks: Power Mesmer 30.5k/30.9k & Power Chronomancer ...

> > https://www.reddit.com › dps_b...

> >

> > Here are some dps benchmarks from august which shows a decent amount for power chrono on large targets. However it's nowhere near close to mirage dps and offers none of the utility of chrono tank.

>

> But for Mirage to be effective you need a decent Viper set from what I gathered, and that's not easily attained. BTW your link only connects to the base reddit page

Not really, Dire or Rabid gear will be good enough on Mirage and will outperform berserker/assassin gear damage wise as well as be more tanky.

On topic:

- mesmer has always had issues with groups of enemys. This remains to be the case with power builds

- open world anything works, some stuff just will work better. condi builds will outperform power builds no matter if mesmer, chrono or mirage. This was the case pre PoF and still remains true

- instanced content (fractals/raids) mesmer is brought for either support chrono or condi mirage unless you are there with a group of people who let you play whatever you want. power mesmer is okayish for damage but gets outperformed by condi mirage severly

- fractals require less boon duration thanks to fractal potion bonuses, thus allow for more berserker/assassin gear

Honestly, this would be my summary of power builds which are not support currently for pve:

- if you are getting back into the game and it's all you have, stick with it and get a feel for the class. I'd still recommend getting a cheap rabid/dire condi setup for mirage

- power builds outside of support are lackluster in pve and will run into problems the more difficult the content gets (T4 fractals, raids)

- get a full set of commander trinkets via Living World Season 3 maps for your power setup just so you can run high level instanced content

> @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > @Seabhac.6824 said:

> > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > DPS benchmarks: Power Mesmer 30.5k/30.9k & Power Chronomancer ...

> > > https://www.reddit.com › dps_b...

> > >

> > > Here are some dps benchmarks from august which shows a decent amount for power chrono on large targets. However it's nowhere near close to mirage dps and offers none of the utility of chrono tank.

> >

> > But for Mirage to be effective you need a decent Viper set from what I gathered, and that's not easily attained. BTW your link only connects to the base reddit page

>

> Not really, Dire or Rabid gear will be good enough on Mirage and will outperform berserker/assassin gear damage wise as well as be more tanky.

>

> On topic:

> - mesmer has always had issues with groups of enemys. This remains to be the case with power builds

> - open world anything works, some stuff just will work better. condi builds will outperform power builds no matter if mesmer, chrono or mirage. This was the case pre PoF and still remains true

> - instanced content (fractals/raids) mesmer is brought for either support chrono or condi mirage unless you are there with a group of people who let you play whatever you want. power mesmer is okayish for damage but gets outperformed by condi mirage severly

> - fractals require less boon duration thanks to fractal potion bonuses, thus allow for more berserker/assassin gear

>

> Honestly, this would be my summary of power builds which are not support currently for pve:

> - if you are getting back into the game and it's all you have, stick with it and get a feel for the class. I'd still recommend getting a cheap rabid/dire condi setup for mirage

> - power builds outside of support are lackluster in pve and will run into problems the more difficult the content gets (T4 fractals, raids)

> - get a full set of commander trinkets via Living World Season 3 maps for your power setup just so you can run high level instanced content

Dire? You sure about this for PvE?

Using the same advise for commanders trinkets you could get vipers gear, and viper gear costs depend on what mats you have but exotic is fine due to the he way condition damage scales and at most you miss out on about 1% condition duration. A piece of armour is 3-5g depending on number of mats you have, a weapon can set you back the same so all in all 25g and some various amounts of mats will let you kit out condi mirage easy for raiding.

@OP Power mesmer (non chrono alacrity/quickness bot) isn’t really in a good place for fractals for reasons outlined by Cyninja, things die too fast for you to be useful in the same way other classes are. Raids its outperformed in any fight it’s good in by condi mirage but can still do reliable dps. Another point worth making is since the grace of the land changes most groups have an extra dps slot and a mesmer can fill this slot for a little extra utility where it’s useful or for reliable on boss dps as that is something mesmer excels at, single target damage. Mesmer lacks cleave and will get screwed over by doing things like eating shrooms etc but with the extra slot you don’t need to worry about that or going cannons etc, just do your simple reliable dps on boss.

> @apharma.3741 said:

> > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > @Seabhac.6824 said:

> > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > DPS benchmarks: Power Mesmer 30.5k/30.9k & Power Chronomancer ...

> > > > https://www.reddit.com › dps_b...

> > > >

> > > > Here are some dps benchmarks from august which shows a decent amount for power chrono on large targets. However it's nowhere near close to mirage dps and offers none of the utility of chrono tank.

> > >

> > > But for Mirage to be effective you need a decent Viper set from what I gathered, and that's not easily attained. BTW your link only connects to the base reddit page

> >

> > Not really, Dire or Rabid gear will be good enough on Mirage and will outperform berserker/assassin gear damage wise as well as be more tanky.

> >

> > On topic:

> > - mesmer has always had issues with groups of enemys. This remains to be the case with power builds

> > - open world anything works, some stuff just will work better. condi builds will outperform power builds no matter if mesmer, chrono or mirage. This was the case pre PoF and still remains true

> > - instanced content (fractals/raids) mesmer is brought for either support chrono or condi mirage unless you are there with a group of people who let you play whatever you want. power mesmer is okayish for damage but gets outperformed by condi mirage severly

> > - fractals require less boon duration thanks to fractal potion bonuses, thus allow for more berserker/assassin gear

> >

> > Honestly, this would be my summary of power builds which are not support currently for pve:

> > - if you are getting back into the game and it's all you have, stick with it and get a feel for the class. I'd still recommend getting a cheap rabid/dire condi setup for mirage

> > - power builds outside of support are lackluster in pve and will run into problems the more difficult the content gets (T4 fractals, raids)

> > - get a full set of commander trinkets via Living World Season 3 maps for your power setup just so you can run high level instanced content

>

> Dire? You sure about this for PvE?

>

> Using the same advise for commanders trinkets you could get vipers gear, and viper gear costs depend on what mats you have but exotic is fine due to the he way condition damage scales and at most you miss out on about 1% condition duration. A piece of armour is 3-5g depending on number of mats you have, a weapon can set you back the same so all in all 25g and some various amounts of mats will let you kit out condi mirage easy for raiding.

>

> @OP Power mesmer (non chrono alacrity/quickness bot) isn’t really in a good place for fractals for reasons outlined by Cyninja, things die too fast for you to be useful in the same way other classes are. Raids its outperformed in any fight it’s good in by condi mirage but can still do reliable dps. Another point worth making is since the grace of the land changes most groups have an extra dps slot and a mesmer can fill this slot for a little extra utility where it’s useful or for reliable on boss dps as that is something mesmer excels at, single target damage. Mesmer lacks cleave and will get screwed over by doing things like eating shrooms etc but with the extra slot you don’t need to worry about that or going cannons etc, just do your simple reliable dps on boss.

Except that vipers gear is insanely expensive and absolutely not worth it for exotics.

Dire is a good cheap compromise for trying out the build and going to wvw as well. Rabid makes for an even better offensive budget chooce.

Otherwise if gold is no issue, absolutely go viper or trailblazer.

So quick question, I'm thinking of throwing my hat into the Mirage Condi ring and gold is not an issue.. the issue is I don't have friends or myself that can make it as I never leveled any trade skills except cooking to 400 much. So in this case where gold is not a problem,.. which is the best gear short of Viper,.. Rabid, Dire or Trailblazer?

> @Seabhac.6824 said:

> So quick question, I'm thinking of throwing my hat into the Mirage Condi ring and gold is not an issue.. the issue is I don't have friends or myself that can make it as I never leveled any trade skills except cooking to 400 much. So in this case where gold is not a problem,.. which is the best gear short of Viper,.. Rabid, Dire or Trailblazer?

First thing I would do is get tailoring and artificing up to 400 so you can craft insignia and inscriptions for changing ascended stats as well as a host of other things that will be useful in the future. If mesmer is your main do it on mesmer or whichever light armour class you use the most as generally you’ll be crafting stuff for that character and it makes things less annoying with transferring around characters.

If you have a lot of fractal pages, ascended armour/weapon boxes from fractals and raids or magnetite shards you can buy ascended weapons and armour pretty cheap and painlessly. Some you can select viper straight from the box, others you will have to craft a vipers exotic insignia or inscription and switch the stats with 5 echo and an anthology of heroes. For ascended trinkets of viper get as many alts as you have and run through bitterfrost frontier collecting winterberries, you can get about 50 per run, 6 characters = an ascended trinket and I believe it’s an hour CD on the collecting but I could be wrong, either way you’ll have what you need fast.

If PvE: Viper all the way

If WvW: Trailblazer

Edit: If you absolutely have no access to ascended gear exotic weapons and armour will do. The price of getting to 500 tailoring and artificing is pretty steep and crafting ascended is likewise expensive.

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> buisness as usual ; duel /dome /x , full zerker, scholar. Usable in every kind of content? - yes. Viable in the eyes of a raid junkie - No

> I'd still try using the condis with something like grieving stats, but if u wanna go for full Power its your thing.

Its still absolutely viable as a raid junky to use base power mesmer. Still brings the best break bar in the game compared to the dps it brings. And is reliable damage as well.

> @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > buisness as usual ; duel /dome /x , full zerker, scholar. Usable in every kind of content? - yes. Viable in the eyes of a raid junkie - No

> > I'd still try using the condis with something like grieving stats, but if u wanna go for full Power its your thing.

>

> Its still absolutely viable as a raid junky to use base power mesmer. Still brings the best break bar in the game compared to the dps it brings. And is reliable damage as well.

Sure but we have the max dps possible - community.

Even if the group would be faster with a power mes then with a full dps weaver, they'd still take weaver , because "high Golem number is gud"

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> > > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > > buisness as usual ; duel /dome /x , full zerker, scholar. Usable in every kind of content? - yes. Viable in the eyes of a raid junkie - No

> > > I'd still try using the condis with something like grieving stats, but if u wanna go for full Power its your thing.

> >

> > Its still absolutely viable as a raid junky to use base power mesmer. Still brings the best break bar in the game compared to the dps it brings. And is reliable damage as well.

>

> Sure but we have the max dps possible - community.

>

> Even if the group would be faster with a power mes then with a full dps weaver, they'd still take weaver , because "high Golem number is gud"

Actually you’d probably take a DH or Firebrand as they both offer great support, in a pinch large break bar damage which can be used multiple times in the CD of moa, have reflects and can grant aegis as well as some of the highest burst damage in the game with a rotation that isn’t that much more complex than mesmer. It also isn’t shoehorned into stay on boss, attack only the boss otherwise you take 30s to reach your highest damage.

Having said that most dps builds for all classes do 30k or over which used to be clear raids with only 4 dps, so having 5 doing 30k all older raids will be a cakewalk, so there’s no reason you can’t take a boss only easy dps class like mesmer along, just that other classes when played well are better.

i played condi mirage but it felt awkward for some reason... if i invest on the mesmer with assassins gear and stuff will i be rejected on raids/fractals or if not, will my DPS be FAR behind the other DPS or just a bit? (Considering that the benchs are made on static immobile golems and mesmer's build are fairly easy and consistent

• 2 months later...

> @"Seabhac.6824" said:

> So quick question, I'm thinking of throwing my hat into the Mirage Condi ring and gold is not an issue.. the issue is I don't have friends or myself that can make it as I never leveled any trade skills except cooking to 400 much. So in this case where gold is not a problem,.. which is the best gear short of Viper,.. Rabid, Dire or Trailblazer?

Sorry for the late response, for that setup I run a combination of carrion and trailblazer. I use trailblazer till I hit 100% confusion duration then use carrion on the rest