How do you get rid of crafted backpacks besides destroying them?

RTSNinja.8037

I crafted about 20 backpacks to get my leather skill up to 500 and now what do I do with them? There is no option to sell or trade them, and salvage kits don't work on them. So is there a way to break them down into the raw materials again, or destroying them the only option?

Thanks,

Rick

I think the reason they are not salvagable is that if they were, you might be inclined to level your profession all the way to 500 just making backpacks. At high level they are probably the cheapest option for doing so. If you can then salvage them and recover some of the cost, they'd be the obvious work-around for having to grind out more costly items. It would render it too easy to level crafting.

> @Biff.5312 said:

> I think the reason they are not salvagable is that if they were, you might be inclined to level your profession all the way to 500 just making backpacks. At high level they are probably the cheapest option for doing so. If you can then salvage them and recover some of the cost, they'd be the obvious work-around for having to grind out more costly items. It would render it too easy to level crafting.

I think they could work the way other crafted items do, in that after a few you don't get any more leveling points from them. Actually I think they're already like that.

> @"Witch of Doom.5739" said:

> Please make them salvageable. Right now they're such a waste of materials.

It's not really a "waste of materials' when you figure it's what allowed you to level up your crafting. You make an exotic weapon and either forge or salvage it but when you do you're not given any real return on the materials used to craft it. Take exotic greatswords for instance. 5 ori dowels (15 ori ingots/10 ancient wood) the 5 tier 6 mats, the two halves of the blade (6 more ori ingots) and 5 ecto. If you salvage that you get 1-3 ori ore and 1-3 ecto if you're lucky but you may just end up with 1 mirthril. Making the backpacks salvageable doesn't mean you'll get any more materials back.