Please do not use real-world names for items

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> Well, the bifrost in mythology is a bridge. In this game, it is a staff. While sharing the same name they are not similar.

>

> The ars goetia is a book of demon summoning. The legendary focus looks like a book of scrolls. That is a little too similar.

>

Wait. Are you scared of it?

> @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > @Dashingsteel.3410 said:

> > you have some real world evil

>

> No. No you don't. Demons aren't real. The occult isn't real. People like Alisteir Crowley weren't evil, nor did they actually do evil things. If anything they were showmen who sold the public an image of them as such.

>

> Now let this stupid thread die.

>

You keep asking for this thread to die, but you keep posting...

Also, just because you don't believe in the occult, demons, or the like doesn't mean that other people share your disbelief. You claiming that these things are not real is no more evidence of their non-existence than their assertions that they are. It says more about you than it does them that you are mocking their beliefs. I haven't seen one of the people who seem to believe in these things here call you stupid like you have them because you don't believe as they do. Live and let live.

U want to not use real world names but accept the fact that humans are in a false land? So if humans are existent in tyria that means that the items should’ve been already named by our human minds. Humans discovered gold, silver, platinum etc. so saying it should be renamed other names is pretty wrong.

I think this thread should be deleted.

> @"jheryn.8390" said:

> > @"Oglaf.1074" said:

> > > @Dashingsteel.3410 said:

> > > you have some real world evil

> >

> > No. No you don't. Demons aren't real. The occult isn't real. People like Alisteir Crowley weren't evil, nor did they actually do evil things. If anything they were showmen who sold the public an image of them as such.

> >

> > Now let this stupid thread die.

> >

> You keep asking for this thread to die, but you keep posting...

No, I do not. Except you kinda forced me to respond now.

Look at the post dates.

This thread was necro'd after having been dead for over a month now, and this is the only post I have made - and will make, so don't bother being writing a sassy reply - after the fact.

Taking that into consideration, all the more reason to just let it die than ever before. The OP is long gone (abducted by daemons for crafting the precursor, no doubt).

> @"Dashingsteel.3410" said:

> Would you be comfortable having a kid read Alladin and then being given a copy of the Ars Goetia to look at?

What of books that contain information about demons, incest, rape.... Oh the Old Testament?

Frankly a child would probably be able to understand Alladin better than they could Ars Goetia.

Just realize all you are doing is giving meaning and power to something you don't wish to have such. Funny how the world works. Good intentions pave the road to hell and all that.