How much would you be willing to pay for a Mount Skin?

1K for one , matches the gem shop status quo. I was surprised at 2k.

if that's the cost to make , then they need to make them simpler, if its the wider cost, why is one skin paying 50% of wages?

doesn't work. people wont buy it.

don't need to see the stats.

some people have alot of gold, if they want to remove gold from the game (pointless) then that's fine.

people leave with gold in their accounts, that doesn't pay wages either.

I get the bundles bit, but they could put more effort into these packs story to integrate them with the game -which is free.

better idea. match some exclusive dyes with the mounts and give it more of a theme, that way people keep their investment on them all the time, not just when they use their new skimmer and syncs their toon

use/time = value, which is why (one of the reasons) people pay +money for watches/phones etc

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought the Spooky skin pack for 1600, that means 320 Gems/mount which is perfect for 4 dye channels, a unique bone pattern and some extra misty effect. Knowing this, I actually expected fancy skins to be 500-ish each, maybe 600 max... I totally did not expect such overpriced skins (the 2k ones).

They want to keep the skins exclusive. Thats the real reason behind the disproportionate pricing. So what I think about it doesn't matter. 2000 skins are not aimed at me, but at exclusivity fans, that people who needs this kind of stuff to feel different and/or superior to the rest.

IMO, just leave this as it is and cross your fingers so they make some 800 gems not exclusive but still decent mount skins in the future.

I chose "up to 1000", but it would have to be an amazing skin.

With that statement, I've already reserved myself to not buying ANY mount skins since I know they won't make the prices reasonable. We've already seen a 2000 gem skin...I don't expect them to release amazing-looking skins at half that price. There is no chance in hell I'm buying a RNG skin contract. Ever.

I'm fine with the base skins.

I have paid 2k gems for utility QOL things, and even then, it felt rather overpriced. The absolute tops I would ever pay for something I loved the looks of, something purely cosmetic with no other purpose, is 1k, no matter how great I thought it looked. As others have pointed out, selling 10 of an item for 1k for every 1 priced at 2k, no math genius is needed to see which model is more profitable. I still have a feeling we'll be seeing various prices on different models of these, as they test things out.