Swagger.1459

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > I think we need to be clear what it means to 'have' legendary armor for Raid, WvW and Spvp. IIRC, this discussion has always been about having alternate paths to getting leg. armor, not having individual Leg. Armor sets for each game mode.

> > >

> > > What I know ... we HAVE a path to obtain leg. armor in raids. If there are alternate paths to get leg. armor in other game modes, then what does your original post even mean?

> > >

> > > _ "Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want."_

> > >

> > > If we have paths in other game modes to obtain leg. armor, what's the problem here? We have the alternate paths people are asking for no?

> > >

> >

> > Not sure what the confusion is, but it’s pretty easy to follow and understand. This thread is about adding a path to all legendary gear for all of the various modes.

> >

> > I’d suggest rereading the post above your recent post...

>

> OK so we don't have multiple paths to legendary gear ... as I suspected. So I will just ignore what you posted from wiki that says it's implemented, cause it isn't.

Read the post whose fragment you originally quoted. Then point to me a a way to get legendary amulet in dungeons, raids, fractals, spvp, wvw, weapons in raids, fractals, spvp, wvw, legendary backpack in dungeons, owp and raids, legendary armor in dungeons, fractals, owp...

oh yeah, you can't because _there are none_.

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> Oh I see we have been argueing all wrong this is to add a path fo weapons to spvp and wvw.

> Im all for that since they can only be got through a massive slogh through pve

I love some WvW Legendary Weapons.

In fact, the WvW way they put in Legendary Armor is the only legit way that the Armor has been put into the game at all, It is the only path that really involves all WvW players, as long as you play and contribute to WvW, you can earn the armor, which is the way it should be. None of this stupid needing to do niche content designed for 5% of the player base BS.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > I think we need to be clear what it means to 'have' legendary armor for Raid, WvW and Spvp. IIRC, this discussion has always been about having alternate paths to getting leg. armor, not having individual Leg. Armor sets for each game mode.

> > > >

> > > > What I know ... we HAVE a path to obtain leg. armor in raids. If there are alternate paths to get leg. armor in other game modes, then what does your original post even mean?

> > > >

> > > > _ "Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want."_

> > > >

> > > > If we have paths in other game modes to obtain leg. armor, what's the problem here? We have the alternate paths people are asking for no?

> > > >

> > >

> > > Not sure what the confusion is, but it’s pretty easy to follow and understand. This thread is about adding a path to all legendary gear for all of the various modes.

> > >

> > > I’d suggest rereading the post above your recent post...

> >

> > OK so we don't have multiple paths to legendary gear ... as I suspected. So I will just ignore what you posted from wiki that says it's implemented, cause it isn't.

> Read the post whose fragment you originally quoted. Then point to me a a way to get legendary amulet in dungeons, raids, fractals, spvp, wvw, weapons in raids, fractals, spvp, wvw, legendary backpack in dungeons, owp and raids, legendary armor in dungeons, fractals, owp...

> oh yeah, you can't because _there are none_.

>

So the real complaint is that there isn't ALL legendary gear in EVERY game mode? Um, that's not practical at all. I can't believe that people are still under the impression that's even worth doing. /shrug

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > I think we need to be clear what it means to 'have' legendary armor for Raid, WvW and Spvp. IIRC, this discussion has always been about having alternate paths to getting leg. armor, not having individual Leg. Armor sets for each game mode.

> > > > >

> > > > > What I know ... we HAVE a path to obtain leg. armor in raids. If there are alternate paths to get leg. armor in other game modes, then what does your original post even mean?

> > > > >

> > > > > _ "Would be nice to have a path to all legendary gear (weapons, armors, trinkets and back pieces) for every mode (owpve, dungeons, fractals, raids, spvp, wvw)... so players can play how they want."_

> > > > >

> > > > > If we have paths in other game modes to obtain leg. armor, what's the problem here? We have the alternate paths people are asking for no?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Not sure what the confusion is, but it’s pretty easy to follow and understand. This thread is about adding a path to all legendary gear for all of the various modes.

> > > >

> > > > I’d suggest rereading the post above your recent post...

> > >

> > > OK so we don't have multiple paths to legendary gear ... as I suspected. So I will just ignore what you posted from wiki that says it's implemented, cause it isn't.

> > Read the post whose fragment you originally quoted. Then point to me a a way to get legendary amulet in dungeons, raids, fractals, spvp, wvw, weapons in raids, fractals, spvp, wvw, legendary backpack in dungeons, owp and raids, legendary armor in dungeons, fractals, owp...

> > oh yeah, you can't because _there are none_.

> >

>

> So the real complaint is that there isn't ALL legendary gear in EVERY game mode? Um, that's not practical at all. I can't believe that people are still under the impression that's even worth doing. /shrug

That's because you don't really read the posts you're replying to

(seriously, if you _have_ been reading the thread you'd have known what the complains were about, and that they weren't just about making legendary armor available through more than one avenue, like you tried to present it as - so either you didn't really read it, or you were intentionally misrepresenting it)

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > Oh I see we have been argueing all wrong this is to add a path fo weapons to spvp and wvw.

> > Im all for that since they can only be got through a massive slogh through pve

>

> I love some WvW Legendary Weapons.

>

> In fact, the WvW way they put in Legendary Armor is the only legit way that the Armor has been put into the game at all, It is the only path that really involves all WvW players, as long as you play and contribute to WvW, you can earn the armor, which is the way it should be. None of this stupid needing to do niche content designed for 5% of the player base BS.

You can afk pipfarm. I have plenty of people in my server who cap a camp or a sentry every 5-10 minutes and go afk in between, in outnumbered maps, week after week. NO participation whatsoever. So... Yeah.

> @"Voltekka.2375" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > Oh I see we have been argueing all wrong this is to add a path fo weapons to spvp and wvw.

> > > Im all for that since they can only be got through a massive slogh through pve

> >

> > I love some WvW Legendary Weapons.

> >

> > In fact, the WvW way they put in Legendary Armor is the only legit way that the Armor has been put into the game at all, It is the only path that really involves all WvW players, as long as you play and contribute to WvW, you can earn the armor, which is the way it should be. None of this stupid needing to do niche content designed for 5% of the player base BS.

>

>

> You can afk pipfarm. I have plenty of people in my server who cap a camp or a sentry every 5-10 minutes and go afk in between, in outnumbered maps, week after week. NO participation whatsoever. So... Yeah.

They still needed to cap the camp or kill the guard.. which is participating.. so.. Yeah

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> To be fair ... there are 24 pages and most of it is dribble, so indulge me.

Well, _you_ decided to argue with something you didn't even bother to read with attention.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> I mean, think about it this way ... you think Anet is going to read this thread and know what the hell people want or even what they are complaining about?

Oh, i think they are already aware, in general outline at least, of what this thread is about. It's not like it's something new after all. It's one of the recurring topics that keeps coming back time and time again.

While i don't think they are reading everything on these forums, i do expect them to pay attention to major threads at least. And in case of recurring ones, even if they miss some, there will be new ones soon anyway, and i am sure at least some of those have been read and will get read. Perhaps it will be this one. Perhaps it will be the next.

Now, if you're suggesting Anet has no idea what their players want and that they aren't interested in player feedback at all, then i'd say that your opinion of devs is much, much worse than mine.

here is what I do know ... I see no easily found, specific information about what people have asked for here ... so if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution. Apparently, we have multiple paths already, so I see even less of a reason for this thread to exist ....

... unless someone cares to make a very definite statement about what they want.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

>

> We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> >

> > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

>

> Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

“Bad design on a basic level”... hmmm

I’m sure as “a fellow game developer”, you don’t want to also start bringing up the gigantic missteps made in this game, or the poor design decisions that went against the core philosophy, or the fact that gw2 has been the 2nd lowest earner in the ncsoft family and has struggled financially for a long time... and that many topics are met with some form of “we don’t have the resources”... You really don’t want us dropping huge lists of bad designs, so I’d suggest not waving the “I’m a dev” finger, and assuming that the devs here have always made the best design decisions...

What I brought up in my op follows the spirit of the original philosophy laid out by MO himself, so you might want to think about that more... Also, this topic is about rewards players would like to see in their mode... We don't need a CS degree, or know how to code, before we provide our input.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> >

> > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

>

> Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

"A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

But just as a point of reference. so we all know where you are coming from and the expertise that you speak with.. what games have you developed?

And also.. games that I can avoid, as anyone that does not know about something as major as the NGE, developing games.. can't be making good ones, as they did not take the time to learn about past mistakes.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > >

> > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> >

> > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

>

> “Bad design on a basic level”... hmmm

>

> I’m sure as “a fellow game developer”, you don’t want to also start bringing up the gigantic missteps made in this game, or the poor design decisions that went against the core philosophy, or the fact that gw2 has been the 2nd lowest earner in the ncsoft family and has struggled financially for a long time... and that many topics are met with some form of “we don’t have the resources”... You really don’t want us dropping huge lists of bad designs, so I’d suggest not waving the “I’m a dev” finger, and assuming that the devs here have always made the best design decisions...

>

> What I brought up in my op follows the spirit of the original philosophy laid out by MO himself, so you might want to think about that more... Also, this topic is about rewards players would like to see in their mode... We don't need a CS degree, or know how to code, before we provide our input.

The devs might not always make the best design decisions, but in 99.9% of the time the user suggestions are actually worse.

Second, waving the financial results as an indication of "bad decisions" is absolutely unfounded. There is no way in hell or Earth you could say with any measurable certainty what they would look like if certain decisions were made otherwise. Literally, none. The best you can make is estimate by doing market research, and that's a big factor in taking them. What you do here is nothing more than wishful thinking. "If they did X, they'd have better sales". Yeah, no. Market research.

Finally, "core design philosophy" really means nothing. These changes aren't decided on a whim. This is business. A very smart person once said, "intelligence is the ability to adapt to change". Getting stuck in 2012 "core design philosophy" is failing to do that. Because it's no longer 2012 and games have changed a lot. ANet are doing the smart thing - they're adapting.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > >

> > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > >

> > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> >

> > “Bad design on a basic level”... hmmm

> >

> > I’m sure as “a fellow game developer”, you don’t want to also start bringing up the gigantic missteps made in this game, or the poor design decisions that went against the core philosophy, or the fact that gw2 has been the 2nd lowest earner in the ncsoft family and has struggled financially for a long time... and that many topics are met with some form of “we don’t have the resources”... You really don’t want us dropping huge lists of bad designs, so I’d suggest not waving the “I’m a dev” finger, and assuming that the devs here have always made the best design decisions...

> >

> > What I brought up in my op follows the spirit of the original philosophy laid out by MO himself, so you might want to think about that more... Also, this topic is about rewards players would like to see in their mode... We don't need a CS degree, or know how to code, before we provide our input.

>

> The devs might not always make the best design decisions, but in 99.9% of the time the user suggestions are actually worse.

And.. Wrong again. In fact major Publishers and Studio alike disagree with pretty much everything you have said so far.

So again.. What kind of Dev were you again to be this abjectly wrong about everything?

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> Finally, "core design philosophy" really means nothing. These changes aren't decided on a whim. This is business. A very smart person once said, "intelligence is the ability to adapt to change". Getting stuck in 2012 "core design philosophy" is failing to do that. Because it's no longer 2012 and games have changed a lot. ANet are doing the smart thing - they're adapting.

Well their "Adapting" has cost them at least 25 Million annual loss.. so they very well need to adapt again at this point.. maybe.. you know.. back to that core design philosophy that was making more money.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> Finally, "core design philosophy" really means nothing. These changes aren't decided on a whim. This is business. A very smart person once said, "intelligence is the ability to adapt to change". Getting stuck in 2012 "core design philosophy" is failing to do that. Because it's no longer 2012 and games have changed a lot. ANet are doing the smart thing - they're adapting.

lol wow. i don't even...

core design philosophy is what brought people to the game originally. deviating from that too far, drives those people away. there are SOOOO many MMOs out there now... it's become an oversaturated market... you need a niche to attract. otherwise you're just another cookie cutter mmo. GW2 HAD something unique... now it's drifting toward "meh... yet another mmo"... and that drift away from their core philosophy has cost them a tidy chunk of change. and this is NOT the only game this has happened to

they say everyone is an expert on the internet. that said... in all honesty i doubt your claim of game development. so pray tell me: which game(s) have you worked on?

> @"katz.8376" said:

> they say everyone is an expert on the internet. that said... in all honesty i doubt your claim of game development. so pray tell me: which game(s) have you worked on?

Yup.. Now.. I have got to be honest.. but I bet the Dev's get a huge laugh (and not in the good way) when some formite posts about being a game developer,

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > >

> > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> >

> > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

>

> "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

>

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

>

> and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > >

> > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > >

> > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> >

> > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> >

> > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> >

> > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

>

> You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

>

> I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

> @"katz.8376" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

>

> > Finally, "core design philosophy" really means nothing. These changes aren't decided on a whim. This is business. A very smart person once said, "intelligence is the ability to adapt to change". Getting stuck in 2012 "core design philosophy" is failing to do that. Because it's no longer 2012 and games have changed a lot. ANet are doing the smart thing - they're adapting.

>

> lol wow. i don't even...

>

> core design philosophy is what brought people to the game originally. deviating from that too far, drives those people away. there are SOOOO many MMOs out there now... it's become an oversaturated market... you need a niche to attract. otherwise you're just another cookie cutter mmo. GW2 HAD something unique... now it's drifting toward "meh... yet another mmo"... and that drift away from their core philosophy has cost them a tidy chunk of change. and this is NOT the only game this has happened to

>

> they say everyone is an expert on the internet. that said... in all honesty i doubt your claim of game development. so pray tell me: which game(s) have you worked on?

The market isn't oversaturated. It's quite the opposite actually. The MMORPG-genre is in steady decline for a while now due to a lack of innovation, increasing p2w-bullshit, "casualization" and other reasons. In fact, most people are looking for MMORPGs without p2w-bullshit and could be attracted to GW2 if it weren't for some major flaws in this games multiplayer/socialization-department. I mean, just look at how many MMORPGs are dying lately. Nearly every single new MMORPG dies weeks after its release. Even WoW has major problems which forced Activision Blizzard to finally give in to creating Vanilla-servers.

Thing nowadays is: For a MMORPG to be popular, it doesn't need to be good or appealing to a certain audiency. It just doesn't have to be bad. Hell, I'd probably give GW2 "only" 6.5 points out of 10 because it's the least sociable MMORPG I've ever played. Still, I enjoy it because its not as shitty as other games.

> @"Raizel.8175" said:

> The market isn't oversaturated. It's quite the opposite actually. The MMORPG-genre is in steady decline for a while now due to a lack of innovation, increasing p2w-kitten, "casualization" and other reasons. In fact, most people are looking for MMORPGs without p2w-kitten and could be attracted to GW2 if it weren't for some major flaws in this games multiplayer/socialization-department.

Depends on what you mean, for example, right now, there are at least 5 other AAA titles I could go play, ESO, BDO, FF14, Blade and Soul, Path of Exile, TERA, Skyforge, Riders of Icarus, Arche Age, Trove.. and those are just other generic MMO's I can think of off the top of my head...Not to mention Bless and A:ir coming out this year.

If I wanted to play more less generic, I could play something like Trove, or Warframe, or if I was in the mode of more a Survival based games, Life is Feudal, just launched, with a many others, like Ark, Conan Exiles, Etc.

and that is not even touching on the Realm vs Realm games like Crowfall and Camelot Unchained coming out, or the passel of MOBA's on the market right now as well.

So.. anyone looking at the market, there is a legion of other MMO's out there.

but you have made a solid point.. Lack of Innovation.. so being special.. being different.. is what sells.. not being like everyone else, as such, adding in generic features like raids to an MMO like GW2, to make it more like everyone else.. was a bad move.

> I mean, just look at how many MMORPGs are dying lately. Nearly every single new MMORPG dies weeks after its release. Even WoW has major problems which forced Activision Blizzard to finally give in to creating Vanilla-servers.

That is more a worry to GW2 then a reassurance, because the market is soo saturated many MMO's are dying off at a scary rate, which means survival is a very fickle thing in this medium.. something that GW2 and Anet should do well to keep in mind as they work on how to retain what they have.

>

> Thing nowadays is: For a MMORPG to be popular, it doesn't need to be good or appealing to a certain audiency. It just doesn't have to be bad. Hell, I'd probably give GW2 "only" 6.5 points out of 10 because it's the least sociable MMORPG I've ever played. Still, I enjoy it because its not as kitten as other games.

Yet.. "every single new MMORPG dies weeks after its release"

seems like you are flopping around all over the place with your point..

> @"Swagger.1459" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > if you want YOU'RE solution implemented, you better be clear ... otherwise, you get Anet's solution.

> > > > >

> > > > > We would get Anet's solution no matter what, after all, none of us are game designers. The only point of this thread is to make it clear to Anet they have a demographic that is unhappy with the current situation, and would like them to fix them. The fact this topic is still alive and going.. is that message.

> > > >

> > > > Nah. As a fellow game developer, I'm absolutely certain ANet devs know very well people will always find a reason to complain. Players are like that. In every game. It's what they do. So this topic tells them nothing they don't already know. But I like how you talk about "fixing" game design after openly admitting you're not a game designer. Especially considering the "fix" in question is bad design on a very basic level.

> > >

> > > "A fellow game developer" that did not know about the NGE, and has been wrong about everything they have said about game development, sales, and marketing so far in this topic... I am sure everyone believes you.

> > >

> > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die

> > >

> > > and this is different then the "hardcore" demanding their own special content, or they will quit.. how?

> >

> > You don't need to be hardcore to get the special rewards from different gamemodes, you just need to not be lazy. If you really want something so bad, you can just put some effort into it just like other people did. You'll get there eventually.

> >

> > I dont care about "hardcores leaving" in the same way i don't care about "casuals leaving" tho. My concern is the game receiving bad changes and becoming less enjoyable for me because people that didn't even like it in the first place cries too much. Rewarding lazy/spoiled "consumers" (not really players, since a lot of people just complain instead of trying things out) will never be a good move.

>

> Since you don't like "rewarding lazy/spoiled consumers"... I'm sure you oppose https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

I'm against that. Already said that more than once in this thread. Look like you're not even following your own thread. kek

> And this comment "ITT forum warriors try to tell anet that if anet don't give casuals legendary armor, the game will die"... shows that you are not even following the thread... Thanks for the input though!

I am, that's just how you look when you ask for more leggy armor paths but don't give any excuse better than "i don't want to play the game".