Discussion of elitism and how to "fix" it.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > Cyninja, I'll spare the thread the full breakdown to requoting, and crystallize a few thoughts here.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > First, the places where we agree, you already pointed them out, and I appreciate that. But you contradict yourself pretty badly here.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > "Besides party leaders being able to abuse the system and kick people say right before the end of a fractal or dungeon and then sell the other 4 spots or invite friends, sure let's give party leaders the same power as squad leaders..."

> > > > > > > > > > > ...

> > > > > > > > > > > "You do understand that a squad leader sets up a LFM and every person who joins will likely fulfill the requirement asked for (or get kicked by the squad leader). It's seldom the squad or members get to decide who stays or gets kicked but usually the squad leader who is in charge..."

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > So... It's a viable solution for 10 man content.... Where we do in fact see people selling raids all the bloody time. But when applied to 5 man content it's rife for abuse... Where we don't currently see people selling groups.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > So... If that squad leader powers allow for abuse that leads to selling groups.... Clearly that needs a fix of its own, which I don't have an answer for...

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Why you ask?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > *I don't claim this fixes everything, not even close. But it's a few things that help everyone, elitist or casual alike. And it helps to mend the schism in our community.*

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Why are you meeting my attempts to suggest a fix with hostility? I'm not a dev, I can't make kitten happen. Just throwing it out there bro. Sorry my exaggeration of time waiting for a group in an otherwise completely non-serious paragraph drove you to feel like I needed to be taken down a peg.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > #sigh

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The reason this works for 10 mann content is because you can't simply replace 1-2 people without reason. Groups selling raids are preorganized and built from the ground up to support those 1-2 empty spots.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Now as far as 5 mann content, how many dungeons or regular T4 fractals do you think this applies to?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > The difficulty for 5 mann content is low enough that replacing 4 people would be almost no issue and the amount of people needed is also low enough to be easily doable. Something which does not as easily work for raids.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Not sure why this had to be spelled out.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You're kinda snarky. We could just be talking.... Not quipping. Ego's a serious problem for the internet. (including myself here, speaking objectively, but how could I know you beyond text enough to respect you personally, psych 101)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Clearly, if we're talking about that.... Which seems like a basically valid reason... The answer is to have rewards scaling based on percentage of fractal completion. (including number of enemies killed)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Thus, nullifying your concern.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Second point, is selling groups a bad thing? Beyond it clogging the LFG, and letting the rich idiots of the world infiltrate high end raid content and get carried....

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > See I think if you build a group to do it... Go ahead.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And if you're being a horrible person and kicking 4 people before the boss, that should be a reportable offense. (not a perfect solution. But if the rewards scale with percentage completion, and you can report the jerk who boots and sells instances.... Then putting that 'selling fractal 100' listing in LFG is like putting 'stolen guitar for sale' on Craigslist.)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Sure we could just be talking and discussing different approaches to grouping and such.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But your thread is not titled "new ideas on grouping" or "what I think would improve grouping", it's titled the way it is and the "solutions" you offered are in no way helping. That's all I was pointing out.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Feel free to make a new thread more appropriate to what you want to discuss.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > nahhh I have to agree with him, you come across as very snarky.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > BTW, still waiting for that list of games you think are better or equal to GW2, that I should go try.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Oh sorry, must have slipped my mind. here is a list of games you might enjoy:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > - first and foremost Warframe. One of the most popular free to play games with litreally no extra cost and a very fair business model

> > > > > > - maybe give WoW a try. The LFG, the handholding and easy access might be to your liking

> > > > > > - SW:ToR has a very well made narrative and is absolutely soloable. Then again, they have a way more intrusive in game shop

> > > > > > - Secred World Legends is praised with its very deep story too

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's basically the MMOs which you might want to give a try since you are so unhappy with GW2 direction.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As for being snarky, maybe I am, then again it gets very tiresome to have the same threads pop up over and over and over and over addressing an issue which can easily be fixed for any one who is involved enough or mature enough to:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > a. make their own parties

> > > > > > b. find a guild of friendly players

> > > > > > c. is capable of joining groups on the LFG which match his preferences

> > > > >

> > > > > You always have the choice to no involve yourself in the discussion if it bothers you that much.

> > > > >

> > > > > also, LOL, so, let me get this right, I am not a fan of Raids in GW2.. so you suggest WoW.. which is renowned for being a heavily raid focused MMO, as an alternative...

> > > > >

> > > > > There might be a reason why people don't take your advice seriously.

> > > >

> > > > I suggested WoW because it has a very streamline raid and dungeon finder tool for which you need absolutely 0 interaction with other players and 0 skill. Thought you might enjoy that.

> > > >

> > > > You know, instead of frequenting a game forum of a game you supposedly quit 2 years ago.

> > >

> > > Humm so.. what part of "returned for PoF" was too hard for you to grasp?

> >

> > The part were you still berate and complain about this game left and right. Also your exact quote was you have been looking for a new game ever since HoT. I was trying to help.

>

> LOL. No, that was not my exact quote, that is what you assumed, thanks for being the poster child of what goes wrong with people reading the LFM.

>

> But, if it makes you feel any better, I have already played some pretty awesome games during my hiatus and given your suggestions and what I enjoy, I am sure running into you again won't be a problem, none the less, I also have my eye on a few games in development.

>

> Anyway, yah, raids were a bad idea, but that is what Anet wants these days, to be like everyone else, and have the same problems. They can't and won't fix what they cultivated and invited into their game.

Your exact words with my reply to them:

> @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @Lunateric.3708 said:

> > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > @Ardid.7203 said:

> > > > > They seems to be trying to get people into raiding by any possible method.

> > > >

> > > > Why? Sounds like a great way to motivate people who don't want to raid to play other games instead.

> > >

> > > Go ahead and play other games instead. If this triggers you to a point you need to stop playing the game, you just don't enjoy it to begin with.

> >

> > If it makes you feel better, I do have my eye on other games, been testing the waters since HoT as it where, and I sincerely hope, that you never leave this one, as I don't want to have to deal with you when it comes time for me to move on.

>

> Yet after over 2 years you still frequent this games forums. No luck so far? Need some recommendations?

And again just for you:

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> If it makes you feel better, I do have my eye on other games, been testing the waters since HoT as it where, and I sincerely hope, that you never leave this one, as I don't want to have to deal with you when it comes time for me to move on.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > > > > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > > > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > Cyninja, I'll spare the thread the full breakdown to requoting, and crystallize a few thoughts here.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > First, the places where we agree, you already pointed them out, and I appreciate that. But you contradict yourself pretty badly here.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > "Besides party leaders being able to abuse the system and kick people say right before the end of a fractal or dungeon and then sell the other 4 spots or invite friends, sure let's give party leaders the same power as squad leaders..."

> > > > > > > > > > > > ...

> > > > > > > > > > > > "You do understand that a squad leader sets up a LFM and every person who joins will likely fulfill the requirement asked for (or get kicked by the squad leader). It's seldom the squad or members get to decide who stays or gets kicked but usually the squad leader who is in charge..."

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > So... It's a viable solution for 10 man content.... Where we do in fact see people selling raids all the bloody time. But when applied to 5 man content it's rife for abuse... Where we don't currently see people selling groups.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > So... If that squad leader powers allow for abuse that leads to selling groups.... Clearly that needs a fix of its own, which I don't have an answer for...

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Why you ask?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > *I don't claim this fixes everything, not even close. But it's a few things that help everyone, elitist or casual alike. And it helps to mend the schism in our community.*

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Why are you meeting my attempts to suggest a fix with hostility? I'm not a dev, I can't make kitten happen. Just throwing it out there bro. Sorry my exaggeration of time waiting for a group in an otherwise completely non-serious paragraph drove you to feel like I needed to be taken down a peg.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > #sigh

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > The reason this works for 10 mann content is because you can't simply replace 1-2 people without reason. Groups selling raids are preorganized and built from the ground up to support those 1-2 empty spots.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Now as far as 5 mann content, how many dungeons or regular T4 fractals do you think this applies to?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > The difficulty for 5 mann content is low enough that replacing 4 people would be almost no issue and the amount of people needed is also low enough to be easily doable. Something which does not as easily work for raids.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Not sure why this had to be spelled out.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You're kinda snarky. We could just be talking.... Not quipping. Ego's a serious problem for the internet. (including myself here, speaking objectively, but how could I know you beyond text enough to respect you personally, psych 101)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Clearly, if we're talking about that.... Which seems like a basically valid reason... The answer is to have rewards scaling based on percentage of fractal completion. (including number of enemies killed)

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Thus, nullifying your concern.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Second point, is selling groups a bad thing? Beyond it clogging the LFG, and letting the rich idiots of the world infiltrate high end raid content and get carried....

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > See I think if you build a group to do it... Go ahead.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And if you're being a horrible person and kicking 4 people before the boss, that should be a reportable offense. (not a perfect solution. But if the rewards scale with percentage completion, and you can report the jerk who boots and sells instances.... Then putting that 'selling fractal 100' listing in LFG is like putting 'stolen guitar for sale' on Craigslist.)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Sure we could just be talking and discussing different approaches to grouping and such.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But your thread is not titled "new ideas on grouping" or "what I think would improve grouping", it's titled the way it is and the "solutions" you offered are in no way helping. That's all I was pointing out.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Feel free to make a new thread more appropriate to what you want to discuss.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > nahhh I have to agree with him, you come across as very snarky.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > BTW, still waiting for that list of games you think are better or equal to GW2, that I should go try.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Oh sorry, must have slipped my mind. here is a list of games you might enjoy:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > - first and foremost Warframe. One of the most popular free to play games with litreally no extra cost and a very fair business model

> > > > > > > - maybe give WoW a try. The LFG, the handholding and easy access might be to your liking

> > > > > > > - SW:ToR has a very well made narrative and is absolutely soloable. Then again, they have a way more intrusive in game shop

> > > > > > > - Secred World Legends is praised with its very deep story too

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's basically the MMOs which you might want to give a try since you are so unhappy with GW2 direction.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > As for being snarky, maybe I am, then again it gets very tiresome to have the same threads pop up over and over and over and over addressing an issue which can easily be fixed for any one who is involved enough or mature enough to:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > a. make their own parties

> > > > > > > b. find a guild of friendly players

> > > > > > > c. is capable of joining groups on the LFG which match his preferences

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You always have the choice to no involve yourself in the discussion if it bothers you that much.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > also, LOL, so, let me get this right, I am not a fan of Raids in GW2.. so you suggest WoW.. which is renowned for being a heavily raid focused MMO, as an alternative...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There might be a reason why people don't take your advice seriously.

> > > > >

> > > > > I suggested WoW because it has a very streamline raid and dungeon finder tool for which you need absolutely 0 interaction with other players and 0 skill. Thought you might enjoy that.

> > > > >

> > > > > You know, instead of frequenting a game forum of a game you supposedly quit 2 years ago.

> > > >

> > > > Humm so.. what part of "returned for PoF" was too hard for you to grasp?

> > >

> > > The part were you still berate and complain about this game left and right. Also your exact quote was you have been looking for a new game ever since HoT. I was trying to help.

> >

> > LOL. No, that was not my exact quote, that is what you assumed, thanks for being the poster child of what goes wrong with people reading the LFM.

> >

> > But, if it makes you feel any better, I have already played some pretty awesome games during my hiatus and given your suggestions and what I enjoy, I am sure running into you again won't be a problem, none the less, I also have my eye on a few games in development.

> >

> > Anyway, yah, raids were a bad idea, but that is what Anet wants these days, to be like everyone else, and have the same problems. They can't and won't fix what they cultivated and invited into their game.

>

> Your exact words with my reply to them:

> > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > @Lunateric.3708 said:

> > > > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > > @Ardid.7203 said:

> > > > > > They seems to be trying to get people into raiding by any possible method.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why? Sounds like a great way to motivate people who don't want to raid to play other games instead.

> > > >

> > > > Go ahead and play other games instead. If this triggers you to a point you need to stop playing the game, you just don't enjoy it to begin with.

> > >

> > > If it makes you feel better, I do have my eye on other games, been testing the waters since HoT as it where, and I sincerely hope, that you never leave this one, as I don't want to have to deal with you when it comes time for me to move on.

> >

> > Yet after over 2 years you still frequent this games forums. No luck so far? Need some recommendations?

>

> And again just for you:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > If it makes you feel better, I do have my eye on other games, been testing the waters since HoT as it where, and I sincerely hope, that you never leave this one, as I don't want to have to deal with you when it comes time for me to move on.

so..again.. What part of "Returned for PoF" is beyond your comprehension as You do understand that the whole "Returned for PoF".. means I would not have just come back otherwise, right?

You need to stop chasing windmills, and read what people write.

It's a pity we can't say L2R without moderation the same why people can say L2P with impunity.

But to stay on topic, this is why the LFM system sometimes fails, people sometimes see and read what they want, as opposed to what is there, and they are too full of their own vanity and ego to even remotely see any faulting on their part.

> @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > Using the LFG to create their own groups is still the solution. Just because players choose to ignore the descriptions doesn’t mean it’s ineffective.

> > >

> > > The issue then becomes getting players to be considerate and only join LFG’s, which have restrictions or preferences, which apply to them. If a group wants someone with 666 LI’s then players should respect that and only join if they have at least that many. If a group wants to be relaxed and allow any build and all player skills, players should respect that and not impose their own restrictions against that group.

> >

> > My original post accepted this, and made suggestions (maybe not good ones.... That probably why I'm not employed in game design.)

> > That part of my post was aimed ad dodging responses like these and keeping it on *'ideas that improve game play for all gamers concerned *' > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > Cyninja, I'll spare the thread the full breakdown to requoting, and crystallize a few thoughts here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > First, the places where we agree, you already pointed them out, and I appreciate that. But you contradict yourself pretty badly here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > "Besides party leaders being able to abuse the system and kick people say right before the end of a fractal or dungeon and then sell the other 4 spots or invite friends, sure let's give party leaders the same power as squad leaders..."

> > > > > > ...

> > > > > > "You do understand that a squad leader sets up a LFM and every person who joins will likely fulfill the requirement asked for (or get kicked by the squad leader). It's seldom the squad or members get to decide who stays or gets kicked but usually the squad leader who is in charge..."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So... It's a viable solution for 10 man content.... Where we do in fact see people selling raids all the bloody time. But when applied to 5 man content it's rife for abuse... Where we don't currently see people selling groups.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So... If that squad leader powers allow for abuse that leads to selling groups.... Clearly that needs a fix of its own, which I don't have an answer for...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why you ask?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > *I don't claim this fixes everything, not even close. But it's a few things that help everyone, elitist or casual alike. And it helps to mend the schism in our community.*

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why are you meeting my attempts to suggest a fix with hostility? I'm not a dev, I can't make kitten happen. Just throwing it out there bro. Sorry my exaggeration of time waiting for a group in an otherwise completely non-serious paragraph drove you to feel like I needed to be taken down a peg.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > #sigh

> > > > >

> > > > > The reason this works for 10 mann content is because you can't simply replace 1-2 people without reason. Groups selling raids are preorganized and built from the ground up to support those 1-2 empty spots.

> > > > >

> > > > > Now as far as 5 mann content, how many dungeons or regular T4 fractals do you think this applies to?

> > > > >

> > > > > The difficulty for 5 mann content is low enough that replacing 4 people would be almost no issue and the amount of people needed is also low enough to be easily doable. Something which does not as easily work for raids.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not sure why this had to be spelled out.

> > > >

> > > > You're kinda snarky. We could just be talking.... Not quipping. Ego's a serious problem for the internet. (including myself here, speaking objectively, but how could I know you beyond text enough to respect you personally, psych 101)

> > > >

> > > > Clearly, if we're talking about that.... Which seems like a basically valid reason... The answer is to have rewards scaling based on percentage of fractal completion. (including number of enemies killed)

> > > >

> > > > Thus, nullifying your concern.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Second point, is selling groups a bad thing? Beyond it clogging the LFG, and letting the rich idiots of the world infiltrate high end raid content and get carried....

> > > >

> > > > See I think if you build a group to do it... Go ahead.

> > > >

> > > > And if you're being a horrible person and kicking 4 people before the boss, that should be a reportable offense. (not a perfect solution. But if the rewards scale with percentage completion, and you can report the jerk who boots and sells instances.... Then putting that 'selling fractal 100' listing in LFG is like putting 'stolen guitar for sale' on Craigslist.)

> > >

> > > Sure we could just be talking and discussing different approaches to grouping and such.

> > >

> > > But your thread is not titled "new ideas on grouping" or "what I think would improve grouping", it's titled the way it is and the "solutions" you offered are in no way helping. That's all I was pointing out.

> > >

> > > Feel free to make a new thread more appropriate to what you want to discuss.

> >

> > I did put 'fix' in quotes. Trying to point out that the changes to grouping I'm proposing are designed to minimize toxicity from elitism on other players.

> >

> > So, elitism is a valid part of the discussion, in fact it's the groundwork of the discussion.

>

> Except that your solutions are not fixing the problem which is players joining groups that they shouldn’t and players not creating their own groups. The game should not changed to force everyone to play together. There’s only toxicity because people do not read the LFG description and/or just flat out ignore it.

I agree, forcing everyone to play together does nothing but create more toxicity. That's why I suggested allowing each community to exist alone. The suggested tools are designed to combat the issues with LFG, hence squad leader control suggestions. This way, if you don't read, or ignore the LFG info.... He can boot you, without the two friends you brought with you booting him out of his own instance.

Honestly, I'm saying that "casuals should be allowed to have an 'elitist' attitude about elitists joining thier groups."

In fact it does fix exactly what you claim it doesn't. It encourages you to start your own party, because you'll want the control to ensure that the content happens the way you want. Whatever way that is. At the moment people don't respect LFG, and so...

Anet and/or moderators come on in and close it, please.

You’ve build up a nice reputation over the last few years, STIHL. I’m genuinly wondering if you keep thinking it’s not your fault, again and again. You must also see some kind of pattern that threads in which you keep posting like this keep on being closed.

But hey, some people just wanna watch the world burn. Path of Fire suits you well, if you’re playing it

> @"Bast Bow.2958" said:

> Anet and/or moderators come on in and close it, please.

>

> You’ve build up a nice reputation over the last few years, STIHL. I’m genuinly wondering if you keep thinking it’s not your fault, again and again. You must also see some kind of pattern that threads in which you keep posting like this keep on being closed.

>

> But hey, some people just wanna watch the world burn. Path of Fire suits you well, if you’re playing it

As Irony would have it... I am never the one that starts it .. always someone gotta pick a fight wit me for some dumb reason or another, and I'm hard headed,. opinionated., and fight for the casuals.. apparently.. that is a bad combo...

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @"Bast Bow.2958" said:

> > Anet and/or moderators come on in and close it, please.

> >

> > You’ve build up a nice reputation over the last few years, STIHL. I’m genuinly wondering if you keep thinking it’s not your fault, again and again. You must also see some kind of pattern that threads in which you keep posting like this keep on being closed.

> >

> > But hey, some people just wanna watch the world burn. Path of Fire suits you well, if you’re playing it

>

> As Irony would have it... I am never the one that starts it .. always someone gotta pick a fight wit me for some kitten reason or another, and I'm hard headed,. opinionated., and fight for the casuals.. apparently.. that is a bad combo...

From this thread:

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > Cyninja, I'll spare the thread the full breakdown to requoting, and crystallize a few thoughts here.

> > > > >

> > > > > First, the places where we agree, you already pointed them out, and I appreciate that. But you contradict yourself pretty badly here.

> > > > >

> > > > > "Besides party leaders being able to abuse the system and kick people say right before the end of a fractal or dungeon and then sell the other 4 spots or invite friends, sure let's give party leaders the same power as squad leaders..."

> > > > > ...

> > > > > "You do understand that a squad leader sets up a LFM and every person who joins will likely fulfill the requirement asked for (or get kicked by the squad leader). It's seldom the squad or members get to decide who stays or gets kicked but usually the squad leader who is in charge..."

> > > > >

> > > > > So... It's a viable solution for 10 man content.... Where we do in fact see people selling raids all the bloody time. But when applied to 5 man content it's rife for abuse... Where we don't currently see people selling groups.

> > > > >

> > > > > So... If that squad leader powers allow for abuse that leads to selling groups.... Clearly that needs a fix of its own, which I don't have an answer for...

> > > > >

> > > > > Why you ask?

> > > > >

> > > > > *I don't claim this fixes everything, not even close. But it's a few things that help everyone, elitist or casual alike. And it helps to mend the schism in our community.*

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Why are you meeting my attempts to suggest a fix with hostility? I'm not a dev, I can't make kitten happen. Just throwing it out there bro. Sorry my exaggeration of time waiting for a group in an otherwise completely non-serious paragraph drove you to feel like I needed to be taken down a peg.

> > > > >

> > > > > #sigh

> > > >

> > > > The reason this works for 10 mann content is because you can't simply replace 1-2 people without reason. Groups selling raids are preorganized and built from the ground up to support those 1-2 empty spots.

> > > >

> > > > Now as far as 5 mann content, how many dungeons or regular T4 fractals do you think this applies to?

> > > >

> > > > The difficulty for 5 mann content is low enough that replacing 4 people would be almost no issue and the amount of people needed is also low enough to be easily doable. Something which does not as easily work for raids.

> > > >

> > > > Not sure why this had to be spelled out.

> > >

> > > You're kinda snarky. We could just be talking.... Not quipping. Ego's a serious problem for the internet. (including myself here, speaking objectively, but how could I know you beyond text enough to respect you personally, psych 101)

> > >

> > > Clearly, if we're talking about that.... Which seems like a basically valid reason... The answer is to have rewards scaling based on percentage of fractal completion. (including number of enemies killed)

> > >

> > > Thus, nullifying your concern.

> > >

> > >

> > > Second point, is selling groups a bad thing? Beyond it clogging the LFG, and letting the rich idiots of the world infiltrate high end raid content and get carried....

> > >

> > > See I think if you build a group to do it... Go ahead.

> > >

> > > And if you're being a horrible person and kicking 4 people before the boss, that should be a reportable offense. (not a perfect solution. But if the rewards scale with percentage completion, and you can report the jerk who boots and sells instances.... Then putting that 'selling fractal 100' listing in LFG is like putting 'stolen guitar for sale' on Craigslist.)

> >

> > Sure we could just be talking and discussing different approaches to grouping and such.

> >

> > But your thread is not titled "new ideas on grouping" or "what I think would improve grouping", it's titled the way it is and the "solutions" you offered are in no way helping. That's all I was pointing out.

> >

> > Feel free to make a new thread more appropriate to what you want to discuss.

>

> nahhh I have to agree with him, you come across as very snarky.

>

> BTW, still waiting for that list of games you think are better or equal to GW2, that I should go try.

Yeah, you totally were not out to pick a fight.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @"Bast Bow.2958" said:

> > Anet and/or moderators come on in and close it, please.

> >

> > You’ve build up a nice reputation over the last few years, STIHL. I’m genuinly wondering if you keep thinking it’s not your fault, again and again. You must also see some kind of pattern that threads in which you keep posting like this keep on being closed.

> >

> > But hey, some people just wanna watch the world burn. Path of Fire suits you well, if you’re playing it

>

> As Irony would have it... I am never the one that starts it .. always someone gotta pick a fight wit me for some kitten reason or another, and I'm hard headed,. opinionated., and fight for the casuals.. apparently.. that is a bad combo...

I feel you dude. You notice how he shifted the focus over to you? And all you did was agree with my assessment of his behavior. Then... Some randoms show up to agree with Cyninja. I'm betting friends or guild mates.

Fact is, that replying to him further derails the thread.

He is, in fact, a perfect example of elitism in action. He *KNOWS* this stuff. And based on what he *KNOWS*, he can't handle people having other opinions... Which are like people *NOT KNOWING* what he *KNOWS*. So, he gets an attitude with them in order to *BE RIGHT*. Which makes us feel like we are in a toxic environment.

If I as the OP had rights to kick or block him from this discussion.... In the way I'm suggesting we do for party leaders... Then I could keep this discussion on track.

(in all fairness, Cyninja was mostly constructive for his first three posts. But now I'm tired of 'not talking about what I intended to talk about' in the thread I made. And I'd like to kick him.)

#prime example in action.

> @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @"Bast Bow.2958" said:

> > > Anet and/or moderators come on in and close it, please.

> > >

> > > You’ve build up a nice reputation over the last few years, STIHL. I’m genuinly wondering if you keep thinking it’s not your fault, again and again. You must also see some kind of pattern that threads in which you keep posting like this keep on being closed.

> > >

> > > But hey, some people just wanna watch the world burn. Path of Fire suits you well, if you’re playing it

> >

> > As Irony would have it... I am never the one that starts it .. always someone gotta pick a fight wit me for some kitten reason or another, and I'm hard headed,. opinionated., and fight for the casuals.. apparently.. that is a bad combo...

>

> I feel you dude. You notice how he shifted the focus over to you? And all you did was agree with my assessment of his behavior. Then... Some randoms show up to agree with Cyninja. I'm betting friends or guild mates.

And your assessment was vital to this topic how?

Yes, because I'm that petty and call people over to agree with me on a game forum. Are you even listening to yourself?

>

> Fact is, that replying to him further derails the thread.

>

>

> He is, in fact, a perfect example of elitism in action. He *KNOWS* this stuff. And based on what he *KNOWS*, he can't handle people having other opinions... Which are like people *NOT KNOWING* what he *KNOWS*. So, he gets an attitude with them in order to *BE RIGHT*. Which makes us feel like we are in a toxic environment.

>

> If I as the OP had rights to kick or block him from this discussion.... In the way I'm suggesting we do for party leaders... Then I could keep this discussion on track.

>

> (in all fairness, Cyninja was mostly constructive for his first three posts. But now I'm tired of 'not talking about what I intended to talk about' in the thread I made. And I'd like to kick him.)

>

> #prime example in action.

Thanks for the amount of personal attacks against me so far in this thread. Yes, it is my fault your ideas were not well thought out, your thread title was intentionally offensive and triggering and you can't take people disagreeing with your opinion.

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @"Bast Bow.2958" said:

> > > Anet and/or moderators come on in and close it, please.

> > >

> > > You’ve build up a nice reputation over the last few years, STIHL. I’m genuinly wondering if you keep thinking it’s not your fault, again and again. You must also see some kind of pattern that threads in which you keep posting like this keep on being closed.

> > >

> > > But hey, some people just wanna watch the world burn. Path of Fire suits you well, if you’re playing it

> >

> > As Irony would have it... I am never the one that starts it .. always someone gotta pick a fight wit me for some kitten reason or another, and I'm hard headed,. opinionated., and fight for the casuals.. apparently.. that is a bad combo...

>

> I feel you dude. You notice how he shifted the focus over to you? And all you did was agree with my assessment of his behavior. Then... Some randoms show up to agree with Cyninja. I'm betting friends or guild mates.

>

I think some people are just looking for a fight so much, that they just misread things and twist words and responses till they get fight going.

Kinda funny this happens so much from people that fuss others don't read the LFM.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > Yeah, you totally were not out to pick a fight.

>

> LOL, If my intentions were to start a fight with you, I'd just start a fight with you, and open with how wrong I think you are, and I kitten well would not be asking what games you think are good,

You from this thread, this page and before you edited your post (which I had already unfortunately for you quoted):

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > > > > > > @BrokenGlass.9356 said:

> > > > > > > Cyninja, I'll spare the thread the full breakdown to requoting, and crystallize a few thoughts here.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > First, the places where we agree, you already pointed them out, and I appreciate that. But you contradict yourself pretty badly here.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > "Besides party leaders being able to abuse the system and kick people say right before the end of a fractal or dungeon and then sell the other 4 spots or invite friends, sure let's give party leaders the same power as squad leaders..."

> > > > > > > ...

> > > > > > > "You do understand that a squad leader sets up a LFM and every person who joins will likely fulfill the requirement asked for (or get kicked by the squad leader). It's seldom the squad or members get to decide who stays or gets kicked but usually the squad leader who is in charge..."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So... It's a viable solution for 10 man content.... Where we do in fact see people selling raids all the bloody time. But when applied to 5 man content it's rife for abuse... Where we don't currently see people selling groups.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So... If that squad leader powers allow for abuse that leads to selling groups.... Clearly that needs a fix of its own, which I don't have an answer for...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why you ask?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > *I don't claim this fixes everything, not even close. But it's a few things that help everyone, elitist or casual alike. And it helps to mend the schism in our community.*

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Why are you meeting my attempts to suggest a fix with hostility? I'm not a dev, I can't make kitten happen. Just throwing it out there bro. Sorry my exaggeration of time waiting for a group in an otherwise completely non-serious paragraph drove you to feel like I needed to be taken down a peg.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > #sigh

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The reason this works for 10 mann content is because you can't simply replace 1-2 people without reason. Groups selling raids are preorganized and built from the ground up to support those 1-2 empty spots.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Now as far as 5 mann content, how many dungeons or regular T4 fractals do you think this applies to?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The difficulty for 5 mann content is low enough that replacing 4 people would be almost no issue and the amount of people needed is also low enough to be easily doable. Something which does not as easily work for raids.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not sure why this had to be spelled out.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're kinda snarky. We could just be talking.... Not quipping. Ego's a serious problem for the internet. (including myself here, speaking objectively, but how could I know you beyond text enough to respect you personally, psych 101)

> > > > >

> > > > > Clearly, if we're talking about that.... Which seems like a basically valid reason... The answer is to have rewards scaling based on percentage of fractal completion. (including number of enemies killed)

> > > > >

> > > > > Thus, nullifying your concern.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Second point, is selling groups a bad thing? Beyond it clogging the LFG, and letting the rich idiots of the world infiltrate high end raid content and get carried....

> > > > >

> > > > > See I think if you build a group to do it... Go ahead.

> > > > >

> > > > > And if you're being a horrible person and kicking 4 people before the boss, that should be a reportable offense. (not a perfect solution. But if the rewards scale with percentage completion, and you can report the jerk who boots and sells instances.... Then putting that 'selling fractal 100' listing in LFG is like putting 'stolen guitar for sale' on Craigslist.)

> > > >

> > > > Sure we could just be talking and discussing different approaches to grouping and such.

> > > >

> > > > But your thread is not titled "new ideas on grouping" or "what I think would improve grouping", it's titled the way it is and the "solutions" you offered are in no way helping. That's all I was pointing out.

> > > >

> > > > Feel free to make a new thread more appropriate to what you want to discuss.

> > >

> > > nahhh I have to agree with him, you come across as very snarky.

> > >

> > > BTW, still waiting for that list of games you think are better or equal to GW2, that I should go try.

> >

> > Oh sorry, must have slipped my mind. here is a list of games you might enjoy:

> >

> > - first and foremost Warframe. One of the most popular free to play games with litreally no extra cost and a very fair business model

> > - maybe give WoW a try. The LFG, the handholding and easy access might be to your liking

> > - SW:ToR has a very well made narrative and is absolutely soloable. Then again, they have a way more intrusive in game shop

> > - Secred World Legends is praised with its very deep story too

> >

> > That's basically the MMOs which you might want to give a try since you are so unhappy with GW2 direction.

> >

> > As for being snarky, maybe I am, then again it gets very tiresome to have the same threads pop up over and over and over and over addressing an issue which can easily be fixed for any one who is involved enough or mature enough to:

> >

> > a. make their own parties

> > b. find a guild of friendly players

> > c. is capable of joining groups on the LFG which match his preferences

>

> You always have the choice to no involve yourself in the discussion if it bothers you that much.

>

> also, LOL, so, let me get this right, I am not a fan of Raids in GW2.. so you suggest WoW.. which is renowned for being a heavily raid focused MMO, as an alternative...

>

> There might be a reason why people don't take your advice seriously.

Let me quote that last part which you edited by now again:

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> There might be a reason why people don't take your advice seriously.

Totally not out picking a fight.

> @Cyninja.2954 said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > There might be a reason why people don't take your advice seriously.

>

> Totally not out picking a fight.

dude.. suggesting WoW to someone that does not like Raids is like suggesting Overwatch to someone that does not like PvP

Did you ever stop and think how that looks?