Question: Haven't done HoT yet (kinda new player) should I skip and just play PoF for now?

destram.3921

So should I and I'm going to miss out on big lore chunks? Oh and to make it worse I can't decide what class to main xD stuck between ranger, thief, warrior. I've been watching some woodenpotatoes videos and he says that best class for new player would be thief but warriors and rangers are damn cool tho.

Edit: Oh yeah I know I have few days to play HoT but I'm not sure if I'm going to complete it by then?

> @FogLeg.9354 said:

> You are not able to complete whole HoT before PoF gets released. Even if you rush through every HoT map and skip every story bit and you actually know what to do in the boss fights so you don't die a lot.

I just did the entire HoT story this past saturday on an alt. Not counting the 2 hour break it took about 7 hours. Me and 1 guildie teamed up and did it easily.

If it was me I'd play HoT first, then Season 3, then PoF. But that's because I'm mainly interested in the story and want to play it in order. If you're not worried about that then you could skip ahead to PoF, but you may encounter some spoilers or things which don't make sense.

As for what profession to play I'd say the most important thing is to go with the one you enjoy. You can learn to play a difficult profession over time, and if you enjoy it you'll likely want to put the time in to do that. It's much harder to teach yourself to like a profession you picked just because a youtube video told you it's easy for newbies, and if that's the main reason you picked it there's a good chance you'll end up switching to something else later.

It's up to you. You might finish HoT before PoF launches but if you skip it you'll be missing out on a lot of story. Honestly, I think you could skip it, but I think it's pretty important to play Season 3 of Living World which is very important to PoF.

I think it's important to say that PoF isn't going anywhere and I'd at least unlock gliding in HoT before skipping it. As for classes, maybe look at some of the new elite specs, that might help you decide.

You could .... I dont think that you would have enough time to finish HOT before POF is released.

In saying that HOT isnt going anywhere but you may find empty maps with every one doing new content. That is a tough one. If you play for story and like to complete things then yes, do HOT first. If you are all about new content, go straight to POF and go back and do HOT. HOT has way too much to offer to skip it completely.

> @Yargesh.4965 said:

> My advice is to unlock the masteries if you have not done so, get gliding and open the pact line to get auto loot. Then do new expansion then go back to HoT.

I'd second this. Even though PoF will be all about mounts, there will be spots that gliding will help, so getting at least gliding 1 done would be my first priority. Plus that'll get you the ability to hit the flax farm in VB everyday. Linseed oil is still going for good money.