Reputation Tiers for gems purchased

I honestly would welcome that. Obviously nothing like a legendary armor or other pay2win crap but some rewards for financially supporting the game on a regular basis, why not? I mean, they alread did that. The Mr. Sparkles minipet was given out to players who bought 4000 gems or more a few years ago.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > @gaborkaldy.3210 said:

> > So people could just buy the look and stats what others worked their kitten off. Sounds reasonable. Wait... NOT.

> >

> > I am the proud example of the person who never got a single precursor or high value drop in the game and still made 5 legendary weapon and 1 legendary armor set without being even close to the best players out there. I am average at button pushing at best. Still I was investing energy to make the armor set by running endlessly Raids. Took a while but it worked. IF I could find a forming group and grow together with them (accepting that we just sitting on a single boss for hours), anyone can do it. If someone says NO, its just because they are lazy to invest energy / time (not money) into the game.

> >

> > If your only skill is having tons of real life cash, buy the old legendary weapons and the shiny mount / costume skins to show off but don't just expect ANET to hand over the best armor set in game for basically nothing.

>

> Your welcome by the way for bankrolling your endeavor, I'm too busy working full time, I'm suggesting Patron recognition no different than people that get honorable mentions in programs for theaters or museums of which they get additional access most people do not get.

Man, I am working full time, having a 2 year kid, and 1 on the way, 1 dog and a house building in progress and still finds time for my hobbies.

Please don't take this as an offense but if you don't have time for 1 evening from 8PM till 11PM for raids(the only thing gated behind content is the 150 LI = 150 boss kills) to work towards the something you really want then probably an MMO is not the right place to waste your time. People keep thinking raid is some elite mysterious place for demi gods. Its not. It's always easier to ask for something than work for it actually.

Honourable mentions? Ok. Title? Ok. The most unique armor skin in the game? Nope.

> @tekfan.3179 said:

> I honestly would welcome that. Obviously nothing like a legendary armor or other pay2win crap but some rewards for financially supporting the game on a regular basis, why not? I mean, they alread did that. The Mr. Sparkles minipet was given out to players who bought 4000 gems or more a few years ago.

Exactly!

And to clarify on my earlier post, I don't want them to give us legendary armor skins.

* Those were promised to be a raid reward.

* They're ugly.

Maybe instead take a few of the old BL weapon sets, change them a little, and then give people a choice of one every X amount of gems they buy? Say... Fused weapons with blue flames, reverse the gold and jade green on the Jade Dragon set, and the Immortal set with a black base instead of white. Now you have your minor rewards that you can still show off, without making anyone too angry. No pain, no suffering, no RNG, and no cheapening of a Legendary anything.

While cash-for-exclusive-equipment would probably throw the player base into a rage, cash-for-fashion without an option for gold-gems exchange would probably be okay. Arenanet could maintain revenue while offering skins for less real money (if they want to) because there is no way to convert game gold.

I don't agree with tiers or a legendary reward track for buying gems - either with cash or gold. I feel like that would create even more divisiveness in the GW2 community - as it is there is friction because of the whole Pixel Pony Paintgate thing - those players that bought the 30-pack or the 2k skins were being abused and shamed by other players. Bringing in reward tiers (aka achievements) just for purchasing gems...yeah, no. That feels like it is sailing dangerously close to P2W territory.

I seem to remember that some years ago ArenaNet did send out small 'thank you gifts' to those that purchased gems once a month....I received a couple of those. I was a bit disappointed when they stopped. I wouldn't mind seeing those little thank you gifts make a return - they were really cool and super appreciated by this player. :D

> > @Haleydawn.3764 said:

> > No. Many people will quit the game if you could just buy legendary armour.

> > Anet takes pride in the fact that their gem shop is for cosmetics and account upgrades only.

> >

> > If you want legendary armour, do the content. Only the Raiding set has an exclusive skin, PvP and WvW gets a functional legendary set.

>

> Not true I can buy any leg weapon I want with a card.

And what does this have to do with leg armor?

I kind of would find a Reputation System nice to have, but not bonded to the gemstore, but as part of the game as a gameplay content relevant FEARTURE..

Remember GW1 EOTN has had a Reputation System basically based on the races and factions...

I kind of wish somethign like that would exist in GW2 again, it kind of would perfectly fit into GW2 as a sort of "Mastery" basically, even if in fact a reputation isn't actualyl a mastery in itself, but functionally it kind of would be the same mechanically working for the game as its basically what Anet did for Hot with the language masteries and the basically reputation mastery for the exalted.

The point is only in fact, a true Reputation System could do so much more in the game, than just only unlock vendor npcs.

It could affect, kind of what anet actualyl wanted to do with the personality System (this one should find its way also back into the game in an overworked withwith such a system), how NPCs react upon us, or what they do, in the way how we speak and interact with them in a much more intelligent, interrstign and fun way, than just only unlocking vendor options or th npc turning hostile towards us so that we have to kill it...if this permanently happens, its natural that something liek that quickly becomes boring to the point that it was better to remove it from the game, if devs have had no vision on how to improve that system to the point, that it makes sense keeping the feature and expanding it..

However, all this brings the topic about reputation now into a compeltely different direction, but I just wanted to mention it, because its always the first thing I think about, when I read reputation, because it reminds me about the potential that Anet wasted here with their game in regard of the personality system with that GW2 started, which they threw against the wall due to not beign inspired enough to make something better out of the system, which was sad to see happen.

A reputation system in regard of the gemstore, would i personally accept only, if it brings no whales any form of player advantage over people, which don't use the gemstore much.

What i can possibly think about is, some kind of "discount system" under siuch a reputation rank system, that so better your Gemstore Reputation rank rises, due to you using it alot and consistently over a certain amount of time by using through real money exchanged gems (not through gold exchanged gems) thatwith the help of that system players can gain some kind of exclusive price discount for a limited amount of time that they can decide for themself, when they activate that time limit.

Example

System has 10 Ranks, each Rank gives the Player a 2% Price Discount, so higher the rank rises, so more difficult it wil become to receive the next higher rank as a more longmer time for consistent gemstore buys will be needed for a certain amount of money you have to spent in that time perioud roughly.

So at Rank 10 a Player has a maximum Price Discount of 20% on all Gemstore Items.

Such a system most likely eventually will incentivize peole to use more frequently the gemstore, and kind of rewards also peole which frequently and actively already use the gemstore with a little bonus discount, therefore that they actively buy things from the gemstore.

Include to this eventually also to bought items from an official merchandise store too as a nice extra, and peopel wil leventually also get incentivized to buy from there more things.

Discount systems are basically a salesmans oldest cheap trick to bring people to buy more, as they buyer receives from the discound system the impression, that the seller rewards him/her for buying alot from the seller. SO more and frequently you buy, so bette ove time the discount you get - to a certain limit, so that the seller still makes black numbers naturally and profit, while the buyer profits over time from buying more frequently, that he saves also some money by the help of the discount as it grows larger.

Its a simple system, with that sellers basically reward their longterm trusted royal customers as well.

If ANet can intruduce somethign like that, and does it right, without that anybody else, who doesn't use the gemstore actively like that feels being cheated, or like a second class customer, then I'm absolutely for this, as it would kind of have a little similarity character of an optional subscription fee, that you as a customr get rewarded/or slightly better service, therefore that you guarantee the seller a more, better and guaranteed income, without that it happens through a fee, but just only through simple incentivation by a old sales system, that everybody knows and is used already everywhere, where you just look at in the world - discounts.

Or if its not discounts.. you all surely know these kinds of cards, with that you can collect whatever for a called form of "points" in super markets or wheeve,r whenever you buy something that has a certain amount of value.

if Anet could implement somethign like this into th gemstore, it surely woudl also incentive people maybe to buy more from the gemstore..

Buy somethign for the value of 1000 gems and receive 5 Black Lion Points...collect 50 Black Lion Points and the next buy you do and use up these 50, will cost no gems...

(very simple example just to bring over the idea/message, dotn take numbrs for too serious now)

The point is, if ANet sriously would be intersted at all in something like this, then I guess we would see already such special actions happening in the gemstore..

So far the only see ANet does is doign every now and then bringing items bakc, with discounts, without that they are linked to a reputation system.

So there are so far only discounts with a percentage, that ANet is willing to give us for the time, but not a discount system, where the person can eearn some form of bonus discount based on the reputation/grade of loyality of the person.

What would you find of it, if loyal players would receive by ANet for every year their account gets old for that account 1% Bonus Discount for items bought from the gemstore?

So a five year old player account would by now have 5% Bonus Discount for items bought from this account from the gemstore and a 5% Bonus for Gold/Gem exchange.

I find this would be also a nice sign by anet to show us, that they are also respecting our loyality as players/customers that stay within GW2 for such a long time actively and buy over the time all kinds of stuff from the gemstore.

> @Palador.2170 said:

> > @tekfan.3179 said:

> > I honestly would welcome that. Obviously nothing like a legendary armor or other pay2win crap but some rewards for financially supporting the game on a regular basis, why not? I mean, they alread did that. The Mr. Sparkles minipet was given out to players who bought 4000 gems or more a few years ago.

>

> Exactly!

>

> And to clarify on my earlier post, I don't want them to give us legendary armor skins.

> * Those were promised to be a raid reward.

> * They're ugly.

>

> Maybe instead take a few of the old BL weapon sets, change them a little, and then give people a choice of one every X amount of gems they buy? Say... Fused weapons with blue flames, reverse the gold and jade green on the Jade Dragon set, and the Immortal set with a black base instead of white. Now you have your minor rewards that you can still show off, without making anyone too angry. No pain, no suffering, no RNG, and no cheapening of a Legendary anything.

This x100. :+1:

> I have a new idea for ANet to encourage gem purchases.

>

> Rift has different Tiers associated with cash shop purchase amounts, these come with exclusive rewards.

>

> Why not an exclusive legendary armor set, then I could work my way towards it without dealing with rejection from Raiders because I play a Power Reaper, then you guys get more financial support right?

Or they could NOT go the sleezy gemstore approach and just address the issues with balance appropriately and more frequently.....

> @Orpheal.8263 said:

> I kind of would find a Reputation System nice to have, but not bonded to the gemstore, but as part of the game as a gameplay content relevant FEARTURE..

>

> Remember GW1 EOTN has had a Reputation System basically based on the races and factions...

> I kind of wish somethign like that would exist in GW2 again, it kind of would perfectly fit into GW2 as a sort of "Mastery" basically, even if in fact a reputation isn't actualyl a mastery in itself, but functionally it kind of would be the same mechanically working for the game as its basically what Anet did for Hot with the language masteries and the basically reputation mastery for the exalted.

>

> The point is only in fact, a true Reputation System could do so much more in the game, than just only unlock vendor npcs.

> It could affect, kind of what anet actualyl wanted to do with the personality System (this one should find its way also back into the game in an overworked withwith such a system), how NPCs react upon us, or what they do, in the way how we speak and interact with them in a much more intelligent, interrstign and fun way, than just only unlocking vendor options or th npc turning hostile towards us so that we have to kill it...if this permanently happens, its natural that something liek that quickly becomes boring to the point that it was better to remove it from the game, if devs have had no vision on how to improve that system to the point, that it makes sense keeping the feature and expanding it..

>

> However, all this brings the topic about reputation now into a compeltely different direction, but I just wanted to mention it, because its always the first thing I think about, when I read reputation, because it reminds me about the potential that Anet wasted here with their game in regard of the personality system with that GW2 started, which they threw against the wall due to not beign inspired enough to make something better out of the system, which was sad to see happen.

>

> A reputation system in regard of the gemstore, would i personally accept only, if it brings no whales any form of player advantage over people, which don't use the gemstore much.

>

> What i can possibly think about is, some kind of "discount system" under siuch a reputation rank system, that so better your Gemstore Reputation rank rises, due to you using it alot and consistently over a certain amount of time by using through real money exchanged gems (not through gold exchanged gems) thatwith the help of that system players can gain some kind of exclusive price discount for a limited amount of time that they can decide for themself, when they activate that time limit.

> Example

>

> System has 10 Ranks, each Rank gives the Player a 2% Price Discount, so higher the rank rises, so more difficult it wil become to receive the next higher rank as a more longmer time for consistent gemstore buys will be needed for a certain amount of money you have to spent in that time perioud roughly.

> So at Rank 10 a Player has a maximum Price Discount of 20% on all Gemstore Items.

>

> Such a system most likely eventually will incentivize peole to use more frequently the gemstore, and kind of rewards also peole which frequently and actively already use the gemstore with a little bonus discount, therefore that they actively buy things from the gemstore.

> Include to this eventually also to bought items from an official merchandise store too as a nice extra, and peopel wil leventually also get incentivized to buy from there more things.

>

> Discount systems are basically a salesmans oldest cheap trick to bring people to buy more, as they buyer receives from the discound system the impression, that the seller rewards him/her for buying alot from the seller. SO more and frequently you buy, so bette ove time the discount you get - to a certain limit, so that the seller still makes black numbers naturally and profit, while the buyer profits over time from buying more frequently, that he saves also some money by the help of the discount as it grows larger.

> Its a simple system, with that sellers basically reward their longterm trusted royal customers as well.

> If ANet can intruduce somethign like that, and does it right, without that anybody else, who doesn't use the gemstore actively like that feels being cheated, or like a second class customer, then I'm absolutely for this, as it would kind of have a little similarity character of an optional subscription fee, that you as a customr get rewarded/or slightly better service, therefore that you guarantee the seller a more, better and guaranteed income, without that it happens through a fee, but just only through simple incentivation by a old sales system, that everybody knows and is used already everywhere, where you just look at in the world - discounts.

>

> Or if its not discounts.. you all surely know these kinds of cards, with that you can collect whatever for a called form of "points" in super markets or wheeve,r whenever you buy something that has a certain amount of value.

> if Anet could implement somethign like this into th gemstore, it surely woudl also incentive people maybe to buy more from the gemstore..

>

> Buy somethign for the value of 1000 gems and receive 5 Black Lion Points...collect 50 Black Lion Points and the next buy you do and use up these 50, will cost no gems...

> (very simple example just to bring over the idea/message, dotn take numbrs for too serious now)

>

> The point is, if ANet sriously would be intersted at all in something like this, then I guess we would see already such special actions happening in the gemstore..

> So far the only see ANet does is doign every now and then bringing items bakc, with discounts, without that they are linked to a reputation system.

>

> So there are so far only discounts with a percentage, that ANet is willing to give us for the time, but not a discount system, where the person can eearn some form of bonus discount based on the reputation/grade of loyality of the person.

>

> What would you find of it, if loyal players would receive by ANet for every year their account gets old for that account 1% Bonus Discount for items bought from the gemstore?

> So a five year old player account would by now have 5% Bonus Discount for items bought from this account from the gemstore and a 5% Bonus for Gold/Gem exchange.

> I find this would be also a nice sign by anet to show us, that they are also respecting our loyality as players/customers that stay within GW2 for such a long time actively and buy over the time all kinds of stuff from the gemstore.

>

Finally some one not foaming at the mouth offering up some valuable feed back and discussion.

> > @Coulter.2315 said:

> > > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > I have a new idea for ANet to encourage gem purchases.

> > >

> > > Rift has different Tiers associated with cash shop purchase amounts, these come with exclusive rewards.

> > >

> > > Why not an exclusive legendary armor set, then I could work my way towards it without dealing with rejection from Raiders because I play a Power Reaper, then you guys get more financial support right?

> >

> > If you only play power reaper what possible use would legendary armour have for you? Even if you wanted to vary your armour stats you could just get 4 or 5 ascended sets for the same result.

>

> To look cool.

But you wouldn't look cool, you'd look like someone who bought themselves a trophy.

> I have a new idea for ANet to encourage gem purchases.

>

> Rift has different Tiers associated with cash shop purchase amounts, these come with exclusive rewards.

>

> Why not an exclusive legendary armor set, then I could work my way towards it without dealing with rejection from Raiders because I play a Power Reaper, then you guys get more financial support right?

That's called Pay to Win. I doubt they will ever consider that. Also the reason I no longer play Rift.

I have yet to see any online game who uses a irl-money tiers in an honest, non-p2w, non-cringey way. I would rather that concept in general be hit with a trench shovel and buried out in the middle of no-where never to be seen again. That is the line I draw with the European/American servers and would find another MMO if it were to happen. (I know the Chinese client/servers has something similar)

> Look in reality I was being cheeky about legendary armor, how ever a legendary quality armor skin and weapon skins you eventually unlock with matching mount skins sort of like the achievement panel. Something that makes you feel better about spending money and people see the skins and realize the person through support into the game. I'm not talking pay to win here just something you gradually unlock that looks BOSS.

>

> I admit I was kind of stirring the pot there but I was being serious about the skins.

You know what should make you feel good about spending money? Getting a product that you want at a price you're willing to pay for it.

Not some points system to convince you to spend money for the sake of gaining pretendobux to get a thing by buying stuff you otherwise wouldn't.

Any further responses to this subject will be on a privately run forum. I can tell you one thing between the responses I've gotten on this thread in public and private I've seriously reevaluated my desire to further provide financial support to this game beyond the the absolute bare minimum.

Besides today I finally managed to obtain any of the decent mounts through the grab bag, all my characters are level 80, and utility can gradually be accrued through in game farming. So why would I ever spend my money in a place where I am harassed and turned into a pariah for suggesting a way to help a company (that today I learned doesn't give a crap about my contributions) make more money.

> @Haleydawn.3764 said:

> No. Many people will quit the game if you could just buy legendary armour.

> Anet takes pride in the fact that their gem shop is for cosmetics and account upgrades only.

>

> If you want legendary armour, do the content. Only the Raiding set has an exclusive skin, PvP and WvW gets a functional legendary set.

I find it kinda ironic that Raiders want exclusive rewards for challenging content that cant be bought with a credit card from the gem store but once they obtained those shiny exclusive rewards for themselves, they turn around and sell progression towards it on LFG.

> @Wanze.8410 said:

> > @Haleydawn.3764 said:

> > No. Many people will quit the game if you could just buy legendary armour.

> > Anet takes pride in the fact that their gem shop is for cosmetics and account upgrades only.

> >

> > If you want legendary armour, do the content. Only the Raiding set has an exclusive skin, PvP and WvW gets a functional legendary set.

>

> I find it kinda ironic that Raiders want exclusive rewards for challenging content that cant be bought with a credit card from the gem store but once they obtained those shiny exclusive rewards for themselves, they turn around and sell progression towards it on LFG.

I completely agree about the irony. But if there’s a market for it, it will be taken advantage of. Which is why the entire argument against making raids more accessible (it’s supposed to be the hardest content in game, it’s supposed to have unique prestigious rewards because of the former) falls flat on its backside.

> Any further responses to this subject will be on a privately run forum. I can tell you one thing between the responses I've gotten on this thread in public and private I've seriously reevaluated my desire to further provide financial support to this game beyond the the absolute bare minimum.

>

> Besides today I finally managed to obtain any of the decent mounts through the grab bag, all my characters are level 80, and utility can gradually be accrued through in game farming. So why would I ever spend my money in a place where I am harassed and turned into a pariah for suggesting a way to help a company (that today I learned doesn't give a crap about my contributions) make more money.

So, you are punishing the developers for players' posts on the forum? Makes perfect sense.

Best of luck with your adventures, (and pot-stirring).

Bad idea. It's a MMORPG and you're supposed to play it and not to take shortcuts via gem-store. Besides, there's no difference from Ascended-Gear besides the ability to change prefixes and the skin of the armour. The skin of that stuff is actually a vital part of the game; it's not called Fashion Wars without reason. You are supposed to show what you achieved in this game by your look.

The reward was a joke, how ever the idea is perfectly sound, later on any one that bothered following could have seen I was referring to the quality of the appearance since I mentioned'looking cool', it's obvious to any one with a passing familiarity with Legendary equipment that they are massive sinks for top tier materials. Notice I also referenced the achievement skins before as well, they are clearly not Legendary equipment and do not offer stats, they happen to look good and carry some prestige. I understand that people think it's funny to mock the people that cover the overhead of this game, how ever for those of us that do spend a ton of our money on cosmetic items we do so knowing that we are supporting the game financially far above the norm of just buying the box. I'm just saying a little appreciation or prestige is not unwarranted since when speaking of the bottom line dropping Dollars into the game does more to help it than gaining Legendary Insights.