Will there be another balance patch this week?

Nyel.1843

> @onevstheworld.2419 said:

> Is there a reason for another balance patch? The last one was presumably to prepare for PoF. There's only 4 days left... the next balance patch will be PoF itself.

That's my question though. Will the PoF "launch Patch have balancing fixes or not. I am not up to date with GW2 that's why I'm asking. :)

> @onevstheworld.2419 said:

> Is there a reason for another balance patch? The last one was presumably to prepare for PoF. There's only 4 days left... the next balance patch will be PoF itself.

And I thought there might have been another round of testing or an announcement. Just wanted to know by people who keep up with the game.

> @Nyel.1843 said:

> > @onevstheworld.2419 said:

> > Is there a reason for another balance patch? The last one was presumably to prepare for PoF. There's only 4 days left... the next balance patch will be PoF itself.

>

> That's my question though. Will the PoF "launch Patch have balancing fixes or not. I am not up to date with GW2 that's why I'm asking. :)

Yes. We've already been told that the elite specs underwent a lot of changes. So it will be a balance patch at least for the new elite specs compared to what we saw in the demo weekend. We also saw evidence of some more balance changes (notably core ele getting barrier, and supposed changes to power reaper) weeks before the demo weekend that were not included in the pre-PoF balance patch. So maybe those are going to come with PoF as well.

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > @Nyel.1843 said:

> > > @onevstheworld.2419 said:

> > > Is there a reason for another balance patch? The last one was presumably to prepare for PoF. There's only 4 days left... the next balance patch will be PoF itself.

> >

> > That's my question though. Will the PoF "launch Patch have balancing fixes or not. I am not up to date with GW2 that's why I'm asking. :)

>

> Yes. We've already been told that the elite specs underwent a lot of changes. So it will be a balance patch at least for the new elite specs compared to what we saw in the demo weekend. We also saw evidence of some more balance changes (notably core ele getting barrier, and supposed changes to power reaper) weeks before the demo weekend that were not included in the pre-PoF balance patch. So maybe those are going to come with PoF as well.

Thank you!

> @Charrbeque.8729 said:

> A full balance patch? No idea. I imagine they might make some adjustments to account for the new elite specializations. But we won't know until the patch notes are up.

And they'll be up Friday when PoF launches? I don't know how ANet handle this stuff that's why I ask.

> @Nyel.1843 said:

> > @Charrbeque.8729 said:

> > A full balance patch? No idea. I imagine they might make some adjustments to account for the new elite specializations. But we won't know until the patch notes are up.

>

> And they'll be up Friday when PoF launches? I don't know how ANet handle this stuff that's why I ask.

When HOT came out there was a class balance patch about 2 weeks after release, and then 2 monthsish later. They may be hotter on this release, but still the best way to test things out is to leave it with the player base for a few weeks to iron out the issues.

General patches will happen over the first few weeks, thats a given. maybe they need to allocate server space, or people keep breaking quests. But more specific Class Balences will come in a lump.