Legendaries and the Market

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > > > @Rauderi.8706 said:

> > > > > Do fractals! You can buy 2/day for a third (or in my case, a FIFTH...) of the anticipated cost in Coins.

> > > > >

> > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" New sources of Amal-Gems? I'd heard the rumor, but how can we get more in PoF?

> > > > >

> > > > > > This focus on scarcity is way too extreme

> > > > > Agreed. But then, I'm also deciding to put together Juggernaut after the newer legendary hammer was undead-themed. :skull: I'm going to need so many Silver Doubloons, and even after introducing new faucets for them, they're still really rare.

> > > > >

> > > > > But it's otherwise feast or famine, right? The market is tumbling down in a lot of places, T5/6 materials especially, and even the Unidentified gear cut in half from the before the patch.

> > > >

> > > > Didn't say there is, i'm saying that i hope they add one. Because the Amalgamated Gems was a stupid situation, and it's not improved. And adding a "Desert Mastery" gift that requires a HoT exclusive item, is kind of trolling.

> > > >

> > > > You can thank Arena Net's meddling for the crappy situation of the economy. Too many extreme solutions tend to flip the market, and create instabilities that tend to compound the problems, not solve them.

> > > >

> > >

> > > What "HoT exclusive" item is in the Gift of Desert Mastery?

> > > AG's were added to the game *before* HoT, so a little hard to be exclusive there... ;)

> >

> > You are kind of correct. They were added as a gimmick for the Eternal Sands Focus, where you required 20. Now you're required 250, and they are a HoT exclusive drop.

> > They only became prominent because of HoT and still only drop from HoT-related sources (Meta game, and bags).

> > So yes, unless there are new sources, new players that only acquire PoF are restricted to a method of crafting with extremely limited availability.

> > You require 1850 Orbs or doubloons for the 75+ecto=10 AG's recipe.

> > Agate Orbs have 1925 in the TP, enough for one legendary. Moonstone Orbs, have less than 1 legendary worth, Rubies and Opals have ~10 each. Coral and Ebony ~5.

> > Silver and plat doubloons also have around ~10 each, while the others ~5 or less...

> > You can buy the gemstones directly, which is arguably a bit more expensive and you can craft 59 Legendaries from those.

> > Not very many on a game that boasts 11 million players.

>

> Doesn't change the fact that they are core items as the primary way of getting them are through MFing orbs etc. Why primary? It's not timegated, as opposed to the meta rewards.

Yes, i'll grant you that. but the item itself and all its methods of obtaining is problematic.

AG were obviously initially developed to be used in small amounts (20 units) for an exotic Focus. It was a sink for Doubloons, then the new recipes extended that to Orbs. And now, like everytime they created extreme demand for a certain type of item, there's simply almost no Orbs and doubloons in the market.

> @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > > > @ReaverKane.7598 said:

> > > > > > @Rauderi.8706 said:

> > > > > > Do fractals! You can buy 2/day for a third (or in my case, a FIFTH...) of the anticipated cost in Coins.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > @"ReaverKane.7598" New sources of Amal-Gems? I'd heard the rumor, but how can we get more in PoF?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > This focus on scarcity is way too extreme

> > > > > > Agreed. But then, I'm also deciding to put together Juggernaut after the newer legendary hammer was undead-themed. :skull: I'm going to need so many Silver Doubloons, and even after introducing new faucets for them, they're still really rare.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But it's otherwise feast or famine, right? The market is tumbling down in a lot of places, T5/6 materials especially, and even the Unidentified gear cut in half from the before the patch.

> > > > >

> > > > > Didn't say there is, i'm saying that i hope they add one. Because the Amalgamated Gems was a stupid situation, and it's not improved. And adding a "Desert Mastery" gift that requires a HoT exclusive item, is kind of trolling.

> > > > >

> > > > > You can thank Arena Net's meddling for the crappy situation of the economy. Too many extreme solutions tend to flip the market, and create instabilities that tend to compound the problems, not solve them.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > What "HoT exclusive" item is in the Gift of Desert Mastery?

> > > > AG's were added to the game *before* HoT, so a little hard to be exclusive there... ;)

> > >

> > > You are kind of correct. They were added as a gimmick for the Eternal Sands Focus, where you required 20. Now you're required 250, and they are a HoT exclusive drop.

> > > They only became prominent because of HoT and still only drop from HoT-related sources (Meta game, and bags).

> > > So yes, unless there are new sources, new players that only acquire PoF are restricted to a method of crafting with extremely limited availability.

> > > You require 1850 Orbs or doubloons for the 75+ecto=10 AG's recipe.

> > > Agate Orbs have 1925 in the TP, enough for one legendary. Moonstone Orbs, have less than 1 legendary worth, Rubies and Opals have ~10 each. Coral and Ebony ~5.

> > > Silver and plat doubloons also have around ~10 each, while the others ~5 or less...

> > > You can buy the gemstones directly, which is arguably a bit more expensive and you can craft 59 Legendaries from those.

> > > Not very many on a game that boasts 11 million players.

> >

> > Doesn't change the fact that they are core items as the primary way of getting them are through MFing orbs etc. Why primary? It's not timegated, as opposed to the meta rewards.

>

> Yes, i'll grant you that. but the item itself and all its methods of obtaining is problematic.

> AG were obviously initially developed to be used in small amounts (20 units) for an exotic Focus. It was a sink for Doubloons, then the new recipes extended that to Orbs. And now, like everytime they created extreme demand for a certain type of item, there's simply almost no Orbs and doubloons in the market.

While the **visible** supply (existing sell orders) of orbs isn't huge, that is only a small part of the *actual* supply, as Haleydawn wrote.

Looking at Agate Orb as an example, while Supply is "only" 2.4k, there's been something like 4k traded (combined Buy Now and filled Buy orders, according to https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/72436-Agate-Orb) in the last 24h; and flipping is not likely to be a major thing given how close the prices are. This is of course just a rough estimate, but it's still an indication that there are *a lot* of orbs passing through the TP.

On top of that, Jewellers can transmogrify Crystals into Orbs on a 2:1 rate (at a cost of t5 dust).