English (US) keyboard being added to my list of languages when GW2 is launched

Hi so as the title suggests, when I launch the game, the “English (United States)” keyboard gets added to my list of language input option.

When I go to the “Change your language preferences” screen on my control panel, the only option there is “English (United Kingdom)”

How do I stop the US keyboard being added?

The US keyboard is NOT enabled on my system until I run the GW2 client.

Thanks

I do not get the caps lock setting like you, this issue occurred on windows 8 as well if I recall correctly, and has been happening since launch.

I wrote a script using the windows API to remove the English (United States) keyboard from the language settings programmatically, however when this script runs, the game refuses to accept keyboard input. I no longer have this script but I would be happy to rewrite it and show the devs the source code if they would find it useful?

Relaunching the game causes the English (United States) keyboard to be added again.

Ah I looked at the topic of your post and thought you had that problem. I don't have it. On Win7 I also do not get a US keyboard added, on Win10 I do.

Good thing all of my machines except one still run Win7. Even when it has no real impact on the performance, I hate it when the taskbar shows the icon for the keyboard language selection despite me never needing it.