Stormlight Archive influence/references in GW2?

Since the new book in the series has just come out (Oathbringer), I am rereading the first two books (The Way of Kings and Words of Radiance.)

I was just thinking how the Highstorms would be something interesting in a game, when I got to the Brandstorm area. Could have been coincidence.

Then I came to Chalon Docks. Since I listen to the books on audio, I had to look up the spelling of a main character's name. It turned out to be spelled Shallan, and I dismissed this as being a coincidence in my imagination only.

But then it turned out that there is a female scholar named Yasna at the Astralarium. In the books, another main character is a female scholar named Jasnah (pronounced Yasna.) That seemed too close to be a coincidence.

Has anyone else found anything to suggest that someone on the development team is a fan of the series?

I started the achievement where you have to help Yasna with her research yesterday. When I first read the name I thought about the Jasnah from these books, but I told myself that I'm probably interpreting to much into it as I just started reading Oathbringer.

I'm happy now that others came to the same conclusion, espically if there exists a Shallan as well :)

> @Hashberry.4510 said:

> I just noticed the steam creature you use in Lornars Pass is awfully close to Robby the Robot from Forbidden Planet.

I must go peek at it again. ^^

If we are evolving the thread into pointing out other apparent homages, I'll mention Three-Toed Tootsie. Think about it--desert, high sandstone mesas, and a super-fast running bird that is nearly impossible to catch and kill (and you generally get destroyed trying it alone!) Wile E. Coyote is probably hiding somewhere in Dry Top laughing at us.