Raid really made me feel sick and tired to GW2, seriously...

Clisna.3041

> @"Linken.6345" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"Clisna.3041" said:

> > > > For me, I play GW2 from openbeta, and I really missing LW1. Why ANET can't focus on more world meta event or world bosses but more and more raid????

> > >

> > > Sigh, you say you miss LS1 but the first year of LS1 was packed with instanced content and no world bosses or meta events at all.

> > > The latter half of LS1 contained both meta events and instanced content, in a mix.

> > > Tequatl Rising, Twisted Marionette, Triple Trouble, Battle for Lion's Arch, Scarlet's Hologram were all the meta boss events during LS1, with the exception of Tequatl, they all happened in the last 3 months of LS1, out of 19 months of the total duration.

> > > Just because you forgot about it, doesn't mean LS1 had a "focus" on world meta events, that focus was only in the last few months.

> >

> > This.

> >

> > People enjoy saying a lot of stuff like:

> >

> > - the focus is on raids and fractals when it should be on open world

> > - LWS1 was way better than the rest (from a design and health perspective for the game)

> > - dungeons had no meta

> > - the game caters more and more to hardcore players

> > - raids are to challenging

> > - etc.

> >

> > None of those statements are true.

> >

> > - if compared side by side, the focus of GW2 even during HoT was and always has been with a very VERY huge majority open world, solo content and story

> > - LWS1 was great, it was epic, it was mostly fun and it was an absolutely terrible design decision. Temporary content of this magnitude which is lost for ever is just doable (not with the amount of resources available)

> > - dungeons had a very clear meta and the same people complaining now about meta where the ones screaming about how arenanet should fix zerker meta

> > - over 90% of GW2 content is super casual and the releases for instanced challenging content are far and wide. Every single story instance does not scale, even if one should run into an issue of severe disability to deal with something, take a 2nd person along in this MMO and you will breeze through the content

> > - raids are compared to other MMOs and their raids barely worth mentioning challenge wise. The major difference people are having a hard time with is personal accountability meaning you can't just brain dead follow your tank heal carries but actually need to provide some minimal amount of player activity

>

> Well to be fair sure dungeons had a meta but anyone could complete dungeons 5 bear bow rangers could clear any dungeon with enough time.

> That is not true for raids.

Sure it is, you can complete raids with non meta builds just fine. They are overall more difficult, true. Doesn't change that both dungeons and raids had metas which could be ignored. My dungeon argument was based on people talking about dungeons as though they had no meta, when they clearly did and some players were asking for said meta.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > @"Clisna.3041" said:

> > > > > For me, I play GW2 from openbeta, and I really missing LW1. Why ANET can't focus on more world meta event or world bosses but more and more raid????

> > > >

> > > > Sigh, you say you miss LS1 but the first year of LS1 was packed with instanced content and no world bosses or meta events at all.

> > > > The latter half of LS1 contained both meta events and instanced content, in a mix.

> > > > Tequatl Rising, Twisted Marionette, Triple Trouble, Battle for Lion's Arch, Scarlet's Hologram were all the meta boss events during LS1, with the exception of Tequatl, they all happened in the last 3 months of LS1, out of 19 months of the total duration.

> > > > Just because you forgot about it, doesn't mean LS1 had a "focus" on world meta events, that focus was only in the last few months.

> > >

> > > This.

> > >

> > > People enjoy saying a lot of stuff like:

> > >

> > > - the focus is on raids and fractals when it should be on open world

> > > - LWS1 was way better than the rest (from a design and health perspective for the game)

> > > - dungeons had no meta

> > > - the game caters more and more to hardcore players

> > > - raids are to challenging

> > > - etc.

> > >

> > > None of those statements are true.

> > >

> > > - if compared side by side, the focus of GW2 even during HoT was and always has been with a very VERY huge majority open world, solo content and story

> > > - LWS1 was great, it was epic, it was mostly fun and it was an absolutely terrible design decision. Temporary content of this magnitude which is lost for ever is just doable (not with the amount of resources available)

> > > - dungeons had a very clear meta and the same people complaining now about meta where the ones screaming about how arenanet should fix zerker meta

> > > - over 90% of GW2 content is super casual and the releases for instanced challenging content are far and wide. Every single story instance does not scale, even if one should run into an issue of severe disability to deal with something, take a 2nd person along in this MMO and you will breeze through the content

> > > - raids are compared to other MMOs and their raids barely worth mentioning challenge wise. The major difference people are having a hard time with is personal accountability meaning you can't just brain dead follow your tank heal carries but actually need to provide some minimal amount of player activity

> >

> > Well to be fair sure dungeons had a meta but anyone could complete dungeons 5 bear bow rangers could clear any dungeon with enough time.

> > That is not true for raids.

>

> Sure it is, you can complete raids with non meta builds just fine. They are overall more difficult, true. Doesn't change that both dungeons and raids had metas which could be ignored. My dungeon argument was based on people talking about dungeons as though they had no meta, when they clearly did and some players were asking for said meta.

All metas can be ignored really. They are purely the mainstream builds. Even open world has a meta of sorts. Whether content has a meta doesnt say anything about the content, nor is it a good way to compare content.

What is different is the reliance on said meta, The harder the content, the more people stick to a meta. Sticking to what works. As content ages people feel more competent to broaden the meta from just a druid to druid or other healer builds. In raids people tend to be more meta bound probably because they dont feel confident in their own skill or some non meta builds capabilities. They only know what works from those top guilds and have less of a clue about anything that isnt meta or what kind of PUG or teammate they are bringing into the team.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Sure it is, you can complete raids with non meta builds just fine. They are overall more difficult, true. Doesn't change that both dungeons and raids had metas which could be ignored.

Ah, but the difference is exactly in how widespread that meta was and how easily it was ignored. Most of the people running dungeons weren't really following any meta (many didn't even know what that "meta" thing was). And it made no practical difference. In dungeons, you ignored the meta at your convenience.

In raids, you ignore it at your peril. And if you don't know about the meta, someone _will_ remind you.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > Sure it is, you can complete raids with non meta builds just fine. They are overall more difficult, true. Doesn't change that both dungeons and raids had metas which could be ignored.

> Ah, but the difference is exactly in how widespread that meta was and how easily it was ignored. Most of the people running dungeons weren't really following any meta (many didn't even know what that "meta" thing was). And it made no practical difference. In dungeons, you ignored the meta at your convenience.

> In raids, you ignore it at your peril. And if you don't know about the meta, someone _will_ remind you.

>

>

I main a ranger, do you know how hard it was to find a group with a ranger main? Oh and ...Berserker was meta, everyone was looking for berserker and only beserker.

> @"Neutra.6857" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > Sure it is, you can complete raids with non meta builds just fine. They are overall more difficult, true. Doesn't change that both dungeons and raids had metas which could be ignored.

> > Ah, but the difference is exactly in how widespread that meta was and how easily it was ignored. Most of the people running dungeons weren't really following any meta (many didn't even know what that "meta" thing was). And it made no practical difference. In dungeons, you ignored the meta at your convenience.

> > In raids, you ignore it at your peril. And if you don't know about the meta, someone _will_ remind you.

> >

> >

>

> I main a ranger, do you know how hard it was to find a group with a ranger main? Oh and ...Berserker was meta, everyone was looking for berserker and only beserker.

It was actually pretty easy to find a group once people realized how strong spirits are.

> @"Shard.4791" said:

> Ap grinders are hardcore players. If you can dedicate thousands of hours to grinding ap you can learn and pug a couple bosses.

>

> Seems like your raid friends prefer to farm LI. If your goals don't align you need to rely on other groups.

Yes and no.

No:

*I have close to 26K AP. Still I finished some of the ascended weapons collection of HoT only a few weeks ago because I had time at hand and a period where I hated myself just enough to complete a HoT map on 4 additional characters.

*Before the rise of HoT, you would have never caught me even thinking about the giant slayer APs. Making forged and awakened slayer is basically doing it if you just play the game, my alltime favorite APs to be honest.

*Malediktus has 36K AP. This means that he has finished tasks I would not touch with a 10 foot pole because of their tedious and time consuming nature.

Yes:

The dedication and probably the skill for the game would be there.

> @"Neutra.6857" said:

> I main a ranger, do you know how hard it was to find a group with a ranger main?

Yeah, i know. I was running bunker guard and bearbow ranger then (neither in zerks). There was no real difference between those two, the groups filled really fast. Even in the times before LFG. You just had to advertise as casual run. Notice how the ranger build i was using then was probably one of the most reviled and ridiculed builds in the game. And it made no difference.