base necro / reaper shroud alternative for pet lovers

Chiltonium.7643

Okay, so I know this may get a lot of flak, but I'm looking at scourge and what they did with shroud, and wondering to myself....

so I love reaper, and I love minions. The only problem is that minions kinda blow. They dont get boons, their base damage doesnt scale with power, the 25% extra minion damage trait is outdone by a 7% extra power trait, and they're just dookie.

So I was asking myself "why aren't they more like ranger pets?" to which I said "well, self, ranger pets are their class mechanic, they scale with boons, their have way more attacks, and even unique actives."

"well, self. I wouldn't mind giving up that shroud bar to give my pets a few abilities like ranger pets, and up their damage."

I know that's odd, but I feel maybe they could offer an elite pet that replaced your shroud bar and used the shroud abilities itself, scaled properly, and shared boons he got with your other minions. A lot of work, pipe dream, etc, I know. Just thought it would be really cool.

2h swords + necromantic magic + undead minions pretty much ensure I'll play a game. Is why EQ and WoW have been my most played mmos, with TES games playing plate/2h/conjuration has been my favorite RPG series.

Minions just really suck in this game and I want them to not :( My ranger pets awesome.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> What's amazing is that you can see how dissatisfyed the necromancers are by the sheer number of necro spec suggested.

> Let's follow the trend. This is an e-spec That I suggested in the necromancer's sub forum:

>

> **Elite Name:** Sinner

> **Class:** Necromancer

>

> **F1 changes:** Now summon your "sin" which is a minion formed of life force (no natural LF decay, affected by minons's traits, minion AA proc shroud F1 traits)

> F2: Sacrifice some life force to port you (or your sin if he is summoned) to a targeted area.

> F3: Sacrifice some life force to fear foes around you (or your sin if he is summoned)

> F4: Sacrifice some life force to periodically weaken, confuse and damage foe around you (or your sin if he is summoned)

> F5: Sacrifice life force every second for 7 seconds granting you barrier each second (sin disapear upon using this skill, fusing with you and putting you into an "in shroud" state)

>

> **Weapon unlocked:** Axe offhand

> **Weapon Skills:**

> _Soul barbs_: Weaken and confuse your foe + some low damage (range 900)

> _Rigor mortis_: grant you barrier and weaken foes around you + some low damage.

>

> **Skill Category unlocked:** Mantra

> **Utility/Elite:**

> _Mantra of gluttony_: Drain life around you and your sin

> _Mantra of greed_: You and your sin corrupt up a boon on your foe and gain theses boons for yourself

> _Mantra of lust_: Next X attacks are unblockable

> _Mantra of pride_: You manifest you pride, gaining life and life force. (heal skill)

>

> **Traits:**

> Minor: 1st gain sinner thingy,

> 2nd share boons with your sin,

> 3rd you are unaffected by the negative effects of weakness

>

> Up: 1st your sin is affected by your "in shroud" traits,

> 2nd skills that sacrifice life force weaken you and foes around you,

> 3rd gain 1% damage per 1000 point of life force that you have when your sin is not summoned.

>

> Mid: 1st you can't be blinded when you are under the effect of weakness

> 2nd whenever you charge a mantra you are self weakened, reduce mantra cool down

> 3rd gain a low barrier whenever you are weakened

>

> bot: 1st axe skills do 7% more damage on weakened foe (joke trait ;) )

> 2nd gain a lesser charge of lust when you hit a weakened foe (short ICD)

> 3rd Weakness that you apply also apply a non stackable debuff that reduce your foe toughness by 150.

>

> **Role:** mainly power DPS/secondary tank.

>

>

>

This is something that I suggested in anoter thread. It might fit a bit to what you're looking for.