WvW PIPS [Proposal/Discussion]

Shirlias.8104

Here's the current situation

![](https://i.imgur.com/vS40Zya.jpg "")

1. **War score Placement** [ Fair and square. 3 groups which compete and depends their placement, which can change whenever, they will be able to have different pips ]

2. **WvW Rank** [ **The point of this poll. Read down below** ]

3. **Commander bonus** [ since the commander has the role to carry and move everybody, i think that it's simply a reward for the service he offers to his squad ]

4. **Commitment** [ It's nice they give a bonus pip for simply playing WvW ]

5. **Outnumbered** [ I guess it's the best when you need to earn fast pips, but i really don't know what to say. I like it but i don't know if it's something definitely right or not ]

- - -

It's good that different ranks mean different pips, but since it's almost infinite to reach 10k rank ( and the rank itself gives you a title ) wouldn't be better to rework it in a smaller scale?

Currently the 6/7 tier is pratically not used, and the previous 3 are a long term goal to achieve.

So, instead of splitting the 7 tiers between 10k ranks, what about a splitting them between i don't know, 3k?

Something like

1. first rank 1-250 ( it will also give a boost to the new wvw players )

2. second rank 250-500

3. third rank 500-1000

4. fourth rank 1000-1500

5. fifth rank 1500-2000

6. sixth rank 2000-2999

7. seventh rank 2999-3000

What do you think?

> @"MUDse.7623" said:

> 1 pip more or less doesnt matter in the end, alot of people seem to stop playing for the week once their pips are done so speeding it up will clearly help WvW!

That's a good point, but i see them as PvE players, so a burden more than a help for your server

1. borderland Slots occupied by pips farmers.

2. Players who just stack in order to get rewards.

They will be indeed present on WvW maps, but for less time.

> @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> +3 for commanders with 15+ people. Need more tags, need more people willing to lead pugs. +1 for everyone else in squad with 15+ people

Here i do have a question ( though i do like the concept within your proposal ).

Are way better more let's say 3 squads of 15 players each or a single one with 50 players?

What i mean is "would be better in a wvw scenario to have many commanders or just a few? ).

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"ThunderPanda.1872" said:

> > +3 for commanders with 15+ people. Need more tags, need more people willing to lead pugs. +1 for everyone else in squad with 15+ people

>

> Here i do have a question ( though i do like the concept within your proposal ).

> Are way better more let's say 3 squads of 15 players each or a single one with 50 players?

> What i mean is "would be better in a wvw scenario to have many commanders or just a few? ).

Depends. If all 3 knows what they're doing than 3 better. But discussing this is unrealistic, because pugs will always follow their favourite commander. The reason I wanted to see this is not because I want to see more commanders at the same time, but more people willing to tag up when the usual commanders aren't tagging. +1 currently is like nothing.

I never really cared about the pips system. I'd be fine if it was removed even when considering the only value comes from the time gated reward (tickets). As a system it's just another "participation" on-top of the other "participation" system that got overly complicated for what it set out to do: reward players for doing stuff.

So what do you get between rank 3,000 - 10,000?

Atm i get the last diamond chest within 24 hours. After that it starts to feel quite lack luster to head back into core WvW. It mainly has to do with getting too many pips too fast. Pips where made for the WvW:ers but now it sounds like u want to make it for the Farmers.

Mean you se Warbringer already everywhere, soon you'll se the tentical skin aswell everywhere even tho these where meant to be a long time goal for WvW:ers. If anything i want it to be harder to get these. I have them and don't feel any sense of achievement that i got em. Only thing that am happy about is that it ain't a gem store thing.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Rumba.3174" said:

> > So what do you get between rank 3,000 - 10,000?

>

> As said, titles ( which does have no impacts on the game, while Pips do because of rewards ).

>

Yeah was hoping for you to change it to like perhaps passive effect like extra magic find or gold find, like how u gain them with achievements now.

As said it comes over as you trying to make it fit better for farmers.

> @"Rumba.3174" said:

> Yeah was hoping for you to change it to like perhaps passive effect like extra magic find or gold find, like how u gain them with achievements now.

> As said it comes over as you trying to make it fit better for farmers.

It does not make it fit better for farmers.

Not it works only for a really really low part of the population ( and i find this stupid ).

Ps : I would prefer to remove the rank contribution to be honest, instead of giving different bonus to players ( just because it's ONLY reward related ).

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Rumba.3174" said:

> > So what do you get between rank 3,000 - 10,000?

>

> As said, titles ( which does have no impacts on the game, while Pips do because of rewards ).

>

I wish I did get a title for Diamond legend... however I don't, I get a rank nameplate that only the enemy can see... it is not rewarding, if anything it's a red rag to a bull...

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> Not it works only for a really really low part of the population ( and i find this stupid ).

If that's the case i don't se this being done anytime soon due to the small minority. We have alot of issues that effect a huge chunck of the wvw player base. Let them focus on that then it might even not be a "issue" anymore. If you really care about wvw this should not be that high up your list atm.

> @"Vavume.8065" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > @"Rumba.3174" said:

> > > So what do you get between rank 3,000 - 10,000?

> >

> > As said, titles ( which does have no impacts on the game, while Pips do because of rewards ).

> >

>

> I wish I did get a title for Diamond legend... however I don't, I get a rank nameplate that only the enemy can see... it is not rewarding, if anything it's a red rag to a bull...

Yeah that one.

If it's not rewarding i can easily accept the feel, but it would remain something extra which does not impact the gameplay.

> @"Rumba.3174" said:

> > Not it works only for a really really low part of the population ( and i find this stupid ).

> If that's the case i don't se this being done anytime soon due to the small minority. We have alot of issues that effect a huge chunck of the wvw player base. Let them focus on that then it might even not be a "issue" anymore. If you really care about wvw this should not be that high up your list atm.

Bigger issues should be obviously the priority, i do agree.

However, i was talking about those who have not an infinite rank.

I mean, if there are 100 players who have 7 extra pips this does not impact 100 players, but the rest of em who's playing the same modality.

This was my point.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Rumba.3174" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > Not it works only for a really really low part of the population ( and i find this stupid ).

> > If that's the case i don't se this being done anytime soon due to the small minority. We have alot of issues that effect a huge chunck of the wvw player base. Let them focus on that then it might even not be a "issue" anymore. If you really care about wvw this should not be that high up your list atm.

>

> Bigger issues should be obviously the priority, i do agree.

>

> However, i was talking about those who have not an infinite rank.

> I mean, if there are 100 players who have 7 extra pips this does not impact 100 players, but the rest of em who's playing the same modality.

> This was my point.

Fair enough.

I do agree with titles they could just put them in now as is. Nice little thing to show how decicated you are to WvW outside of WvW.

The pips i dunno, thats why i have not voted yet. Yes it's not perfect nor do i se them as being bad. My consern with your idea is that once somone hits that 3000 rank there is just to little to go for. Most hard core wvw players are about 3-5k mark. Note: gw2efficiency is not all of the player base, just saying it cos somone will come reply with; but but gw2efficiency does not say that.

> @"Malerian.8435" said:

> Here we go again. People just need a reason to complain. Everything is working just fine. As to the poll I see most agree with me.

These are called discussions.

Somebody brings in a subject and people intrested take part to a conversation, wheather it is written or spoken.

Thunderpanda brought up a nice suggestion, explained his reasons.

Rumba explained his position about pips.

You came complaining about complainers, which makes you also a complainer.

I'd say good job, and nice contribution.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Malerian.8435" said:

> > Here we go again. People just need a reason to complain. Everything is working just fine. As to the poll I see most agree with me.

>

> These are called discussions.

> Somebody brings in a subject and people intrested take part to a conversation, wheather it is written or spoken.

>

> Thunderpanda brought up a nice suggestion, explained his reasons.

> Rumba explained his position about pips.

> You came complaining about complainers, which makes you also a complainer.

>

> I'd say good job, and nice contribution.

Wrong! There are multiple posts about this. There is no reason to discuss it. The pis system is fine, and does not need any improvements. Cry all you like, but the system is fine.

> @"Malerian.8435" said:

> > > @"Malerian.8435" said:

> > > Here we go again. People just need a reason to complain. Everything is working just fine. As to the poll I see most agree with me.

> >

> > These are called discussions.

> > Somebody brings in a subject and people intrested take part to a conversation, wheather it is written or spoken.

> >

> > Thunderpanda brought up a nice suggestion, explained his reasons.

> > Rumba explained his position about pips.

> > You came complaining about complainers, which makes you also a complainer.

> >

> > I'd say good job, and nice contribution.

>

> Wrong! There are multiple posts about this. There is no reason to discuss it. The pis system is fine, and does not need any improvements. Cry all you like, but the system is fine.

The one's crying and adding absolutely nothing to the conversation is you.

As you were the one who felt the urge to join the conversation for nothing.

But of course you're welcome.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Malerian.8435" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > @"Malerian.8435" said:

> > > > Here we go again. People just need a reason to complain. Everything is working just fine. As to the poll I see most agree with me.

> > >

> > > These are called discussions.

> > > Somebody brings in a subject and people intrested take part to a conversation, wheather it is written or spoken.

> > >

> > > Thunderpanda brought up a nice suggestion, explained his reasons.

> > > Rumba explained his position about pips.

> > > You came complaining about complainers, which makes you also a complainer.

> > >

> > > I'd say good job, and nice contribution.

> >

> > Wrong! There are multiple posts about this. There is no reason to discuss it. The pis system is fine, and does not need any improvements. Cry all you like, but the system is fine.

>

> The one's crying and adding absolutely nothing to the conversation is you.

> As you were the one who felt the urge to join the conversation for nothing.

> But of course you're welcome.

Would you like some cheese with your wine? All you are doing is complaining. I guess that should not be a surprise. People like you just want easy mode. Maybe go play my little pony online, I hear they cater to cry babies!