who uses Persistence of Memory trait?

Hot Boy.7138

I am 100% for that.

This might be the greatest idea for mesmer's since PoF launch.

I'd change it from illusions to phantasms only though mainly because if on illusions i can see things OP things happening as our clone generation is quite obscene if we spec to do so.

The idea that i saw for some odd reason i can't quote the suggestion "when your phantasms gain an boon you also gain a boon", it could be a random boon or the same exact boon, although random boon would be more flavor.

Something like every time your phantasm gains a boon you gain a random boon cd 3 seconds.

Make it happen anet theres no reason not to do this.

I wish GW2 was more built around an idea WoW also explored for a while, years ago.

That is, "What flavor do you like more?". For non-GM picks especially, this would make balancing them worlds easier. For example I think something like PoM has merit, but it'd need to be a selection of the following three:

* When your Phantasms die, gain their/some boons.

* When your Phantasms die, heal for a small amount.

* When your Phantasms die, reduce Phantasm CDs by a small amount.

Then from a balance PoV, it becomes a bit more reliable: A Mesmer with points in this spec line will **always** have an on-phantasm-death trait. Which one can vary, but they'll have one. Exactly one, too. They can't pick all 3.

My idea was the solve the problem of having to leave the stack because of raid mechanics that forces the mesmer to spread out or be ranged for some reason. Having the illusions copy the boons immediately to the mesmer means having to go ranged for greens on VG or if the mesmer has agony on Cairn, won't totally gimp the dps. I don't have an exact number for this, but this is the only game i've played where getting raid buffed makes a dps do 3xs more damage. That damage increase from boons is insane in this game. That's the reason stacking is almost always the go to strat to use for most fights.

I'd like to see Anet move away from this by increasing the range of boonshare to 1200 to 1500. Ultimately, they will be able to design more interesting encounters in the future if they aren't limited to the fact that players need to be stacked to get group heals and to get might/quickness/protection, etc.

So making persistence of memory a trait that allows the mesmer to receive group boons when not stacked in the group is a good direction, imo.

I'm fairly certain this trait is designed for Chaos X/Sw Staff mesmers. iSwordsman in melee on top of a Chaos Storm (get 2 with the on heal/fall damage one) will grant a lot of might, random boons, and chaos armor to you and it. Any of those random boons from Storm and the chaos armor will then go to you once you shatter the swordsman. You can also use Bountiful Disillusionment near your phantasms (any of them) and they'll gain the boons before dying.

Arcane thievery could work better with the trait if it granted the boons to phantasms by default, or maybe a passive addition to Signet of Illusions grants boons you gain from others (like a utility slot version of the ranger's nature magic trait).