W5 bugs and cheats/exploits and the legendary achievement bug or scam

LordOtto.2650

> @"Rennie.6750" said:

> > @"Byron Miller.4629" said:

> > It was never intended that you could complete the collection without having killed Dhuum. When we fixed the bug preventing players from accessing the chest, we also fixed the bug that allowed players without a Dhuum Kill to receive the collection item from said chest. My apologies for failing to include the update in the patch notes, that one is on me.

>

> Unintended isn't necessarily bad. I mostly play WvW, I don't have time for raids, but I'd use the stats swaps far more often than any raid player. The rewards structure is completely messed up, fixing that was only aggravating. :/

You can reset mist trinkets now so that's a non-issue.

> @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > @"Rennie.6750" said:

> > > @"Byron Miller.4629" said:

> > > It was never intended that you could complete the collection without having killed Dhuum. When we fixed the bug preventing players from accessing the chest, we also fixed the bug that allowed players without a Dhuum Kill to receive the collection item from said chest. My apologies for failing to include the update in the patch notes, that one is on me.

> >

> > Unintended isn't necessarily bad. I mostly play WvW, I don't have time for raids, but I'd use the stats swaps far more often than any raid player. The rewards structure is completely messed up, fixing that was only aggravating. :/

>

> You can reset mist trinkets now so that's a non-issue.

What ? u mean reset stats worth one week ticket farming ?

> @"intox.6347" said:

> > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > @"Rennie.6750" said:

> > > > @"Byron Miller.4629" said:

> > > > It was never intended that you could complete the collection without having killed Dhuum. When we fixed the bug preventing players from accessing the chest, we also fixed the bug that allowed players without a Dhuum Kill to receive the collection item from said chest. My apologies for failing to include the update in the patch notes, that one is on me.

> > >

> > > Unintended isn't necessarily bad. I mostly play WvW, I don't have time for raids, but I'd use the stats swaps far more often than any raid player. The rewards structure is completely messed up, fixing that was only aggravating. :/

> >

> > You can reset mist trinkets now so that's a non-issue.

>

> What ? u mean reset stats worth one week ticket farming ?

You can buy the reset thing for 250 glory shards that should be a few silver straight from the TP:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_Armor_League_Vendor

Every time you use the item it resets one ring, one accesory and amulet afaik. The only issue is they have to be the mist variant (obtainable in PvP, WvW and Fractals)

> > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > @"Rennie.6750" said:

> > > > > @"Byron Miller.4629" said:

> > > > > It was never intended that you could complete the collection without having killed Dhuum. When we fixed the bug preventing players from accessing the chest, we also fixed the bug that allowed players without a Dhuum Kill to receive the collection item from said chest. My apologies for failing to include the update in the patch notes, that one is on me.

> > > >

> > > > Unintended isn't necessarily bad. I mostly play WvW, I don't have time for raids, but I'd use the stats swaps far more often than any raid player. The rewards structure is completely messed up, fixing that was only aggravating. :/

> > >

> > > You can reset mist trinkets now so that's a non-issue.

> >

> > What ? u mean reset stats worth one week ticket farming ?

>

> You can buy the reset thing for 250 glory shards that should be a few silver straight from the TP:

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_Armor_League_Vendor

>

> Every time you use the item it resets one ring, one accesory and amulet afaik. The only issue is they have to be the mist variant (obtainable in PvP, WvW and Fractals)

Just be warned you lose infusions as well if I recall (which can get pretty dangerous if you hold the non-WvW ones). Also it's still strange that raids get yet another legendary. We can't call this a gear treadmill since it's not a vertical progression system...but there's clearly a twisted kind of horizontal progression taking place where a Raid immediately after the one before is giving the next shiny.

> @"maxwelgm.4315" said:

> > > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > > @"Rennie.6750" said:

> > > > > > @"Byron Miller.4629" said:

> > > > > > It was never intended that you could complete the collection without having killed Dhuum. When we fixed the bug preventing players from accessing the chest, we also fixed the bug that allowed players without a Dhuum Kill to receive the collection item from said chest. My apologies for failing to include the update in the patch notes, that one is on me.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unintended isn't necessarily bad. I mostly play WvW, I don't have time for raids, but I'd use the stats swaps far more often than any raid player. The rewards structure is completely messed up, fixing that was only aggravating. :/

> > > >

> > > > You can reset mist trinkets now so that's a non-issue.

> > >

> > > What ? u mean reset stats worth one week ticket farming ?

> >

> > You can buy the reset thing for 250 glory shards that should be a few silver straight from the TP:

> >

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_Armor_League_Vendor

> >

> > Every time you use the item it resets one ring, one accesory and amulet afaik. The only issue is they have to be the mist variant (obtainable in PvP, WvW and Fractals)

>

> Just be warned you lose infusions as well if I recall (which can get pretty dangerous if you hold the non-WvW ones). Also it's still strange that raids get yet another legendary. We can't call this a gear treadmill since it's not a vertical progression system...but there's clearly a twisted kind of horizontal progression taking place where a Raid immediately after the one before is giving the next shiny.

Regarding legendaries: all weapons are still open world mostly, all backs are non-raid related, armor still has three methods, the first legendary trinket was also open world. A ring being in raids means very little, considering there's still 3 more trinkets to go.

> @"maxwelgm.4315" said:

> > > > > > It was never intended that you could complete the collection without having killed Dhuum. When we fixed the bug preventing players from accessing the chest, we also fixed the bug that allowed players without a Dhuum Kill to receive the collection item from said chest. My apologies for failing to include the update in the patch notes, that one is on me.

> > > > >

> > > > > Unintended isn't necessarily bad. I mostly play WvW, I don't have time for raids, but I'd use the stats swaps far more often than any raid player. The rewards structure is completely messed up, fixing that was only aggravating. :/

> > > >

> > >

> >

> > You can buy the reset thing for 250 glory shards that should be a few silver straight from the TP:

> >

> >

> > Every time you use the item it resets one ring, one accesory and amulet afaik. The only issue is they have to be the mist variant (obtainable in PvP, WvW and Fractals)

>

> Just be warned you lose infusions as well if I recall (which can get pretty dangerous if you hold the non-WvW ones). Also it's still strange that raids get yet another legendary. We can't call this a gear treadmill since it's not a vertical progression system...but there's clearly a twisted kind of horizontal progression taking place where a Raid immediately after the one before is giving the next shiny.

That's true for any change of items (upgrading of rings/backpieces, changing stats on weapons and armor). It's important to always remember to use the infusion extractions device from fractals (cost 24s, https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusion_Extraction_Device).

The big issues people are seeing at the moment (which I have also commented on in another thread) is the wild shifts in meta for all game modes due to an expansion release and the following clean-up and balancing taking place. For HoT this was not so drastic since most elite specializations back then were strait upgrades. For PoF luckily arenanet decided to keep the powercreep somewhat in check, which resulted in the high amount of re-balance happening which in turn forces many shifts in best in slot gear.

This should get better as time moves on and balance patches aren't so drastic.

> > @"intox.6347" said:

> > > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > @"Rennie.6750" said:

> > > > > @"Byron Miller.4629" said:

> > > > > It was never intended that you could complete the collection without having killed Dhuum. When we fixed the bug preventing players from accessing the chest, we also fixed the bug that allowed players without a Dhuum Kill to receive the collection item from said chest. My apologies for failing to include the update in the patch notes, that one is on me.

> > > >

> > > > Unintended isn't necessarily bad. I mostly play WvW, I don't have time for raids, but I'd use the stats swaps far more often than any raid player. The rewards structure is completely messed up, fixing that was only aggravating. :/

> > >

> > > You can reset mist trinkets now so that's a non-issue.

> >

> > What ? u mean reset stats worth one week ticket farming ?

>

> You can buy the reset thing for 250 glory shards that should be a few silver straight from the TP:

>

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_Armor_League_Vendor

>

> Every time you use the item it resets one ring, one accesory and amulet afaik. The only issue is they have to be the mist variant (obtainable in PvP, WvW and Fractals)

10g it takes once u make it in wvw for memory of battle. + Price for getting of infusion.

This forced content is bad move. They should first make full set obtanainable like aurora, then put some special from raid ...

> @"intox.6347" said:

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> 10g it takes once u make it in wvw for memory of battle. + Price for getting of infusion.

>

> This forced content is bad move. They should first make full set obtanainable like aurora, then put some special from raid ...

You don't need to make it in WvW bro, just buy the PvP variant, it works the same.

> @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > So, the main argument against people complaining that this trinket was locked behind raid is now gone.

>

> The main argument was "kill Dhuum to get it." No one needs to pretend your belief that special items shouldn't belong to raids is credible, I don't.

Actually no, it wasn't. It was "it's not really locked behind w5, because you can enter cleared instance and get it that way, so why are you even complaining?"

Obviously, that's not the case anymore.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > So, the main argument against people complaining that this trinket was locked behind raid is now gone.

> >

> > The main argument was "kill Dhuum to get it." No one needs to pretend your belief that special items shouldn't belong to raids is credible, I don't.

> Actually no, it wasn't. It was "it's not really locked behind w5, because you can enter cleared instance and get it that way, so why are you even complaining?"

> Obviously, that's not the case anymore.

>

>

I really dont know who used this argument... it was evident from day one that you couldnt just join a cleared instance(there were only chests in the instance you actually killed the boss in) and it was noted very quickly once you could reach all chests that you need to have killed dhuum in order to get the item.

The main argument is really very simple: the game has certain items only obtainable in certain game modes, and that is how it is. If you want a certain item, it is equally obtainable for the vast majority of players under the assumption that you are willing to put time and effort into it. For someone starting out, it will take longer than for someone that has played the content for years(this goes for any prestige item) - and that is fine.