Question about dread

Lexan.5930

This is directed at Anet but if anyone can confirm or deny that works to.

Does the dread trait increase all damage done, or just power damage? Also does the target take additional damage from all sources (ie all players) or only from the necromancer applying the fear?

I would assume based on most other traits that the fear nly increased the POWER damage from the necro that applied the fear. But i would really like a response from Anet confirming this. Thank you.

but power reaper cant utilise it well, with just their shroud 3 and no expertise. Not sure what the idea is supposed to be. F4 spamming scourges with a power reaper tank as a raid or something? but that's worse than just going ATP... i don't understand this trait unless you can get quickness on your reaper so you can spam attacks during that ONE second of increased dmg.

> @"Lexan.5930" said:

> So all power scourge and all fearing makes everyone do 20% more damage. I could see full power scourge raids lol

No, it makes the necromancer do 20% more damage to targets that are affected by fear. It does not make other people do more damage to feared targets.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> Just Power damage.

> Just from the Necromancer.

> Doesn't matter who applied the Fear.

>

> Honestly, I don't know why people think it can be anything else. It's the exact same wording as Cold Shoulder and other conditional damage buffs.

Yes, it's simply a 20% damage increase for Necro on a feared target.

Too bad Fear usually has no 100% uptime. On a 100% chilled and feared Golem you get now ~30k DPS on Power Reaper (~10% more than the 27k with Awaken the Pain).

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > Just Power damage.

> > Just from the Necromancer.

> > Doesn't matter who applied the Fear.

> >

> > Honestly, I don't know why people think it can be anything else. It's the exact same wording as Cold Shoulder and other conditional damage buffs.

> Yes, it's simply a 20% damage increase for Necro on a feared target.

>

> Too bad Fear usually has no 100% uptime. On a 100% chilled and feared Golem you get now ~30k DPS on Power Reaper (~10% more than the 27k with Awaken the Pain).

Can you tell me your rotation, I can't even hit 20k full ascended no infusions. I usually play scourge, but I was trying to figure out if power reaper was good on a few fights like kc and Sam.

> @"Renita.7824" said:

> > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > Just Power damage.

> > > Just from the Necromancer.

> > > Doesn't matter who applied the Fear.

> > >

> > > Honestly, I don't know why people think it can be anything else. It's the exact same wording as Cold Shoulder and other conditional damage buffs.

> > Yes, it's simply a 20% damage increase for Necro on a feared target.

> >

> > Too bad Fear usually has no 100% uptime. On a 100% chilled and feared Golem you get now ~30k DPS on Power Reaper (~10% more than the 27k with Awaken the Pain).

>

> Can you tell me your rotation, I can't even hit 20k full ascended no infusions. I usually play scourge, but I was trying to figure out if power reaper was good on a few fights like kc and Sam.

I did not do it as I don't PvE.

But 27k was the Power Reaper benchmark from Users here in the forum.

I just did a test today with Awaken the Pain and Dread. Dread is roughly 10% stronger **IF** there is Fear on target.

You don't even need to test that. You just need to compare +250 Might with +20% raw damage and calculate what's better in which scenario.

> @"Warscythes.9307" said:

> > @"Lexan.5930" said:

> > So all power scourge and all fearing makes everyone do 20% more damage. I could see full power scourge raids lol

>

> No, power scourge is not a thing. That trait is pretty much made for power reaper.

i lol'd

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> Just Power damage.

> Just from the Necromancer.

> Doesn't matter who applied the Fear.

>

> Honestly, I don't know why people think it can be anything else. It's the exact same wording as Cold Shoulder and other conditional damage buffs.

that's interesting, i thought it was everyone, as well, i must have misread, i could have sworn it was worded differently on the official release notes, huh, but, nope, now that i read the skill in-game, nope, that's exactly what it says, only the necro, it's definitely there, that's weird, are we sure they didn't edit it on the forum post ahahahaha