Snowball Mayhem Participant Repeatable Achievement gives 0 Points while all the others do

I'm not getting credit for the bells of wintersday, not 1 single song even though it shows I have 25 earnable points for the category.

One could argue I did them last year, which I thought I had and that's why I'm not getting credit, but it only showed 44 / 500 notes played on the other other achievement, so If I'd played 20 songs 5 times, I'd think I'd have more than 44 notes, but I don't know, maybe I'm just that bad, or maybe something is broke with some of the achievements.

ANet confirmed on reddit that the Bells achievement is bugged. Should be fixed in a day or 2.

As for the original question, I have a feeling it's because ANet wanted to avoid potential botters/afkers from setting up shop in Snowball Mayhem. For all the other activities, you need to do your own personal contribution to actually get rewards. For Snowball Mayhem, being that it's a PvP activity, it'd be very easy for botters or afkers to just keep on entering and then not participate. They'll get rewards either way, and potential progress towards their achievement if their team is good enough to carry them.