Some questions on Boon share of Signet of Inspiration

Tales.3105

it used to be "copy" everything on you, and share it, so you would give out 12 pre-patch

now i'm pretty sure it's a fixed number that's on the skill description

**EDIT: funny part is? nope, i just checked, it gives out ONE might, period

ahahahhahahaha**

mesmers can't have nice things, so they had to gut the skill, like precognition, and now inspiring distortion..... you know, to keep us in a poor spot in anything that isn't 1v1 in pvp

> @"Alpha.1308" said:

> it used to be "copy" everything on you, and share it, so you would give out 12 pre-patch

>

> now i'm pretty sure it's a fixed number that's on the skill description

>

> **EDIT: funny part is? nope, i just checked, it gives out ONE might, period

> ahahahhahahaha**

>

> mesmers can't have nice things, so they had to gut the skill, like precognition, and now inspiring distortion..... you know, to keep us in a poor spot in anything that isn't 1v1 in pvp

All the skills you just mentioned were grossly overpowered. The original SoI made any type of boon meta obsolete via just 1 class.

Copying 1 installment of each boon is still powerful enough and one of the main reasons chrono can perma quickness without TW.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

>

> All the skills you just mentioned were grossly overpowered.

o k

when did i say they weren't

i can completely agree that they were and i never said they were not, especially because i was among many who abused them and realized this

but killing things for the sake of killing them and then never looking back at them ever again like smiter's boon (pvp) while they flop around being useless is still hilarious on their part

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> TBF pre-nerfed SoI was ridiculously broken, and in my opinion its still broken, just not as bad as it used to be.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> Copying 1 installment of each boon is still powerful enough and one of the main reasons chrono can perma quickness without TW.

that's a fair point and all, but it's still silly that it's only usefulness is with its application of quickness, have fun playing a non-chrono mesmer with this skill, even if we for some reason get another support spec

i remember first seeing the new Imagined Burden trait giving us might, and i tried to use SoI for group might share when i was still a baby in this game and wanted to "help out"

if they didn't like what it was achieving with quickness coupled with everything else, (which, again, i realize, was too much, i was also abusing a boonshare build thanks) it should have had its effectiveness pushed somewhere else, if they want chronos to have access to share their quickness, give chrono itself access to more aoe quickness, not a base mesmer "utility" skill, that's nearly a joke of a slot without an e-spec, seeing as how it's already less functional than other profession's 25% movement signets (unless, you do as the devs say, and "just run focus for [almost] perma swiftness" which is still silly)

> @"Alpha.1308" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> >

> > All the skills you just mentioned were grossly overpowered.

>

> o k

> when did i say they weren't

> i can completely agree that they were and i never said they were not, especially because i was among many who abused them and realized this

> but killing things for the sake of killing them and then never looking back at them ever again like smiter's boon (pvp) while they flop around being useless is still hilarious on their part

>

> > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > TBF pre-nerfed SoI was ridiculously broken, and in my opinion its still broken, just not as bad as it used to be.

>

> > Copying 1 installment of each boon is still powerful enough and one of the main reasons chrono can perma quickness without TW.

>

> that's a fair point and all, but it's still silly that it's only usefulness is with its application of quickness, have fun playing a non-chrono mesmer with this skill, even if we for some reason get another support spec

>

> i remember first seeing the new Imagined Burden trait giving us might, and i tried to use SoI for group might share when i was still a baby in this game and wanted to "help out"

>

> if they didn't like what it was achieving with quickness coupled with everything else, (which, again, i realize, was too much, i was also abusing a boonshare build thanks) it should have had its effectiveness pushed somewhere else, if they want chronos to have access to share their quickness, give chrono itself access to more aoe quickness, not a base mesmer "utility" skill, that's nearly a joke of a slot without an e-spec, seeing as how it's already less functional than other profession's 25% movement signets (unless, you do as the devs say, and "just run focus for [almost] perma swiftness" which is still silly)

What you are essentially complaining about is that you are unhappy with the interaction of our skills and would rather arenanet change skills so that each skill is responsible for 1 thing. Thus if we want permanent quickness we should just have to reuse skill xyz over and over.

Somehow that's not something which sounds all to deep or interesting. SoI is not good only for quickness, it's good for maintaining all the raid buffs. Since we are only in charge of quickness though, that's its main functionality as far as our build goes (unless you design a full custom composition where chrono boon share is part of everyones build).

Many classes make use of their core skills, traits and utilities. An elite specialization enhances the base class, it does not replace it. Base mesmer has a very powerful boon share skill, why should elite specializations not make use of that?

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Alpha.1308" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > >

> > > All the skills you just mentioned were grossly overpowered.

> >

> > o k

> > when did i say they weren't

> > i can completely agree that they were and i never said they were not, especially because i was among many who abused them and realized this

> > but killing things for the sake of killing them and then never looking back at them ever again like smiter's boon (pvp) while they flop around being useless is still hilarious on their part

> >

> > > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > TBF pre-nerfed SoI was ridiculously broken, and in my opinion its still broken, just not as bad as it used to be.

> >

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > Copying 1 installment of each boon is still powerful enough and one of the main reasons chrono can perma quickness without TW.

> >

> > that's a fair point and all, but it's still silly that it's only usefulness is with its application of quickness, have fun playing a non-chrono mesmer with this skill, even if we for some reason get another support spec

> >

> > i remember first seeing the new Imagined Burden trait giving us might, and i tried to use SoI for group might share when i was still a baby in this game and wanted to "help out"

> >

> > if they didn't like what it was achieving with quickness coupled with everything else, (which, again, i realize, was too much, i was also abusing a boonshare build thanks) it should have had its effectiveness pushed somewhere else, if they want chronos to have access to share their quickness, give chrono itself access to more aoe quickness, not a base mesmer "utility" skill, that's nearly a joke of a slot without an e-spec, seeing as how it's already less functional than other profession's 25% movement signets (unless, you do as the devs say, and "just run focus for [almost] perma swiftness" which is still silly)

>

> What you are essentially complaining about is that you are unhappy with the interaction of our skills and would rather arenanet change skills so that each skill is responsible for 1 thing. Thus if we want permanent quickness we should just have to reuse skill xyz over and over.

>

> Somehow that's not something which sounds all to deep or interesting. SoI is not good only for quickness, it's good for maintaining all the raid buffs. Since we are only in charge of quickness though, that's its main functionality as far as our build goes (unless you design a full custom composition where chrono boon share is part of everyones build).

>

> Many classes make use of their core skills, traits and utilities. An elite specialization enhances the base class, it does not replace it. Base mesmer has a very powerful boon share skill, why should elite specializations not make use of that?

This is not entirely related, actually pretty much just tangentially related for that matter. But I've never been happy with SoI as a skill. I wonder how awful it would be if it were redone to only share about 6 boons, and it only shared boons that were mesmer-y. So maybe it shared quickness, swiftness, vigor, prot, might and aegis, but none of the other 5 boons. Current values it does today. It would be a nerf to the skill in organised groups for sure though.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> What you are essentially complaining about is that you are unhappy with the interaction of our skills and would rather arenanet change skills so that each skill is responsible for 1 thing. Thus if we want permanent quickness we should just have to reuse skill xyz over and over.

where

"SoI should be useful on mesmer and other e-specs as well" is what i'm saying, that's... literally the opposite

you're the one that wants perma quickness i dunno i never mentioned that, giving SoI perma quickness with chrono doing aoe burstiness but not perma on its own seemed more what i was getting at but maybe i didn't clarify that enough (i apologize, just woke up and all)

> it's good for maintaining all the raid buffs.

my apologies, pvp perspective, usually the guardian/rev would poop out prot/fury/might so it seemed useless to think i should waste time doing the F1-4 Bountiful Disillusionment combo (at least not all the time), so i'll agree that one was a bias'd reaction to say it's "only" used for quickness, i didn't run chronobunker, i would just sword cleave my way through boonstrips with quickness

> Many classes make use of their core skills, traits and utilities. An elite specialization enhances the base class, it does not replace it. Base mesmer has a very powerful boon share skill, why should elite specializations not make use of that?

again, i literally even said future e-specs wouldn't be able to use it as efficiently as a chrono, but currently only a chrono in a group would be using it right now..... you seem like you're the one comfortable in it being used in only one specific scenario, so i dunno

> @"Alpha.1308" said:

>

> > What you are essentially complaining about is that you are unhappy with the interaction of our skills and would rather arenanet change skills so that each skill is responsible for 1 thing. Thus if we want permanent quickness we should just have to reuse skill xyz over and over.

>

> where

> "SoI should be useful on mesmer and other e-specs as well" is what i'm saying, that's... literally the opposite

> you're the one that wants perma quickness i dunno i never mentioned that, giving SoI perma quickness with chrono doing aoe burstiness but not perma on its own seemed more what i was getting at but maybe i didn't clarify that enough (i apologize, just woke up and all)

>

> > it's good for maintaining all the raid buffs.

>

> my apologies, pvp perspective, usually the guardian/rev would poop out prot/fury/might so it seemed useless to think i should waste time doing the F1-4 Bountiful Disillusionment combo (at least not all the time), so i'll agree that one was a bias'd reaction to say it's "only" used for quickness, i didn't run chronobunker, i would just sword cleave my way through boonstrips with quickness

>

> > Many classes make use of their core skills, traits and utilities. An elite specialization enhances the base class, it does not replace it. Base mesmer has a very powerful boon share skill, why should elite specializations not make use of that?

>

> again, i literally even said future e-specs wouldn't be able to use it as efficiently as a chrono, but currently only a chrono in a group would be using it right now..... you seem like you're the one comfortable in it being used in only one specific scenario, so i dunno

Depends on what the future elite specialization is supposed to bring to the table. Still copying ALL the iterations of a boon on someone is both very hard to balance for and very overpowered. Unless arenanet decide to completely redo Signet of Inspiration.

thank you

pretty much what i meant

minus when i said they "gutted" it, ok, i made a mistake grouping them all together given what the others are currently, yes, i see that and apologize, i wasn't really meaning it's bad after being "gutted", just... not what it used to be, and obviously it's definitely not what it used to be (in comparison), but, ye

oh well, OP got their answer, i got triggered over the state of this class, i yet again made a comment that was taken the wrong way, but at least we're p much on the same page