Inspiring Distortion discussion

OriOri.8724

Have a final in 7.5 hours, so naturally I can focus on literally everything except studying.

I have to say, something needed to change about distortion share in my opinion, but I think this was the wrong way to do it. I don't see anything wrong with Inspiring Distortion sharing distortion. I think its pretty well balanced, we've seen that devs can design encounters around that if they need an attack to be something that will wipe us if we don't use the fight's mechanics. Distortion share is not game breaking in my opinion (for PvE). That said, its too strong when we can share it every 5 seconds with Blurred Inscriptions giving us distortion on signet use, especially matched with Illusionary Inspiration.

I 100% believe that Blurred Inscriptions was the problem here, and not distortion share. It allowed for a single mesmer to distort 5 players ridiculously often in PvE, and allowed for cheesy behavior in WvW where a 5 man mesmer squad could maintain stupidly long distortion uptimes. But even beyond distortion sharing, I think it gave mesmers too much access to distortion in the first place.

I would really like seeing the changes to inspiring distortion reverted, but change Blurred Inscriptions so that using a signet no longer gives us distortion, but instead has some other effect. It can be anything, even as simple as copying Written in Stone where we keep the passive effects when we use a signet. Or it could be more mesmer-y and give us 1s mirror when we use a signet. I don't know. But I would much prefer to see this happen, than to have a very unique aspect of the class disappear. Yes, distortion share is very powerful. But if BI was changed, a mesmer would be limited to sharing it at most every 42.5 seconds, and I do think that is balanced. At that point, if they fuck it up or not, they can't share it again before the next mechanic comes. It also means that if the mesmer needs to use distortion to survive because they (or the healer) made a mistake, they do not have the chance to share distortion for a while. This change would allow skilled mesmers to still be able to share distortion, albeit significantly more rarely, without allowing them to trivialize entire fights with it.

But I want to see if the rest of the mesmer mains are on board with this change or not.

Invuln is rare and powerful so it makes sense for it to ignore bosses' powerful skills, I think the Deimos situation was ridiculous having the most powerful effect being blockable and ignoring invuln. This change limits invuln properly and will allow Anet more room to construct good raid mechanics and allow distortion to function as a real invuln again. I would maybe make this change PvE only though as I think the group invuln was good for PvP and not OP.

Anyone who is upset they spent time learning how to invuln attacks needs to remember the skill, timing, analytical mindset and boss mechanic knowledge will stay with them. They do not lose the personal skills they gained from that training and those skills will help them in the future, no doubt.

I can understand making it Blurring Inscriptions not the share which could be nerf'd, I would have found either reasonable but not sure it really matters - you're basically choosing more aegis group support or more tanky mesmers.

The aegis version is fine with me in that it gives multiple classes some reasonable interchangeable roles (with firebrand vs chrono) as I am slowly going mad from playing this one build too much... But a single shared distort does seem like it would be safe enough.

Perhaps the final tick of well of precognition can give 1 second of distortion instead of endurance at which point the cooldown will go to 60s or so.

I'm on board with this i just did 100cm, i can say with out a doubt in my mind that our defensive utility is the worse around now aegis every 15 or so seconds is nothing gaurdians basically do that by just existing, dont believe me https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Virtue_of_Courage . Alacrity, Quickness, and aegis has been given out already, so has our portal in the new item. Now we have lost our aoe distortion.

Not much else is left outside of clone generation. I just want the share back because its a core class mechanic that defines the class from others. This was a class defining trait please give it back.

> @"Coulter.2315" said:

> Anyone who is upset they spent time learning how to invuln attacks needs to remember the skill, timing, analytical mindset and boss mechanic knowledge will stay with them. They do not lose the personal skills they gained from that training and those skills will help them in the future, no doubt.

This.

Experienced chronos will see 0 difference in their performance because we already had to have superior knowledge compared to every other class.

No I don't mean simply distortion timings, I mean distortion timings while maintaining rotation, tanking the boss, evading mechanics, working CS, weapon swaping for Sigil of Concentration and basically carrying half the raid.

Ironically this change will affect the non chrono raiding community far more than mesmers. Now people can't rely on a good chrono covering for their mistakes which will be noticeable.

I doubt high skilled raid guilds will be afffected either even if people jokingly refer to them skipping mechanics is now not possible any longer. No, the players most affected will be the average joe who is good enough to raid but not experienced or skilled enough to dodge every important mechanic. Trust me, the amount of times I as chrono had to distort to make up for peoples mistakes will leave a lot of people wondering why their raid performance just took a dump.

Deimos just got somewhat harder, so did Sloth as 2 prominent examples.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > Anyone who is upset they spent time learning how to invuln attacks needs to remember the skill, timing, analytical mindset and boss mechanic knowledge will stay with them. They do not lose the personal skills they gained from that training and those skills will help them in the future, no doubt.

>

> This.

>

> Experienced chronos will see 0 difference in their performance because we already had to have superior knowledge compared to every other class.

>

> No I don't mean simply distortion timings, I mean distortion timings while maintaining rotation, tanking the boss, evading mechanics, working CS, weapon swaping for Sigil of Concentration and basically carrying half the raid.

>

> Ironically this change will affect the non chrono raiding community far more than mesmers. Now people can't rely on a good chrono covering for their mistakes which will be noticeable.

>

> I doubt high skilled raid guilds will be afffected either even if people jokingly refer to them skipping mechanics is now not possible any longer. No, the players most affected will be the average joe who is good enough to raid but not experienced or skilled enough to dodge every important mechanic. Trust me, the amount of times I as chrono had to distort to make up for peoples mistakes will leave a lot of people wondering why their raid performance just took a dump.

>

> Deimos just got somewhat harder, so did Sloth as 2 prominent examples.

You guys are right that chronos won't be affected, and your rotations will be easier now that you don't have to worry about this. But at the same time, You can't deny that this change effectively lowers the skill ceiling on playing chrono in PvE.

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > > Anyone who is upset they spent time learning how to invuln attacks needs to remember the skill, timing, analytical mindset and boss mechanic knowledge will stay with them. They do not lose the personal skills they gained from that training and those skills will help them in the future, no doubt.

> >

> > This.

> >

> > Experienced chronos will see 0 difference in their performance because we already had to have superior knowledge compared to every other class.

> >

> > No I don't mean simply distortion timings, I mean distortion timings while maintaining rotation, tanking the boss, evading mechanics, working CS, weapon swaping for Sigil of Concentration and basically carrying half the raid.

> >

> > Ironically this change will affect the non chrono raiding community far more than mesmers. Now people can't rely on a good chrono covering for their mistakes which will be noticeable.

> >

> > I doubt high skilled raid guilds will be afffected either even if people jokingly refer to them skipping mechanics is now not possible any longer. No, the players most affected will be the average joe who is good enough to raid but not experienced or skilled enough to dodge every important mechanic. Trust me, the amount of times I as chrono had to distort to make up for peoples mistakes will leave a lot of people wondering why their raid performance just took a dump.

> >

> > Deimos just got somewhat harder, so did Sloth as 2 prominent examples.

>

> You guys are right that chronos won't be affected, and your rotations will be easier now that you don't have to worry about this. But at the same time, You can't deny that this change effectively lowers the skill ceiling on playing chrono in PvE.

It does but I don't think contracting out the entire raid's requirement to dodge is a good thing, nor do I think balance should revolve around Mesmers' pride and self image.

> @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > @"Coulter.2315" said:

> > > > Anyone who is upset they spent time learning how to invuln attacks needs to remember the skill, timing, analytical mindset and boss mechanic knowledge will stay with them. They do not lose the personal skills they gained from that training and those skills will help them in the future, no doubt.

> > >

> > > This.

> > >

> > > Experienced chronos will see 0 difference in their performance because we already had to have superior knowledge compared to every other class.

> > >

> > > No I don't mean simply distortion timings, I mean distortion timings while maintaining rotation, tanking the boss, evading mechanics, working CS, weapon swaping for Sigil of Concentration and basically carrying half the raid.

> > >

> > > Ironically this change will affect the non chrono raiding community far more than mesmers. Now people can't rely on a good chrono covering for their mistakes which will be noticeable.

> > >

> > > I doubt high skilled raid guilds will be afffected either even if people jokingly refer to them skipping mechanics is now not possible any longer. No, the players most affected will be the average joe who is good enough to raid but not experienced or skilled enough to dodge every important mechanic. Trust me, the amount of times I as chrono had to distort to make up for peoples mistakes will leave a lot of people wondering why their raid performance just took a dump.

> > >

> > > Deimos just got somewhat harder, so did Sloth as 2 prominent examples.

> >

> > You guys are right that chronos won't be affected, and your rotations will be easier now that you don't have to worry about this. But at the same time, You can't deny that this change effectively lowers the skill ceiling on playing chrono in PvE.

>

> It does but I don't think contracting out the entire raid's requirement to dodge is a good thing, nor do I think balance should revolve around Mesmers' pride and self image.

That is a completely fair argument.

i wouldn't have minded they nerf distortion share as long as they buff power mes dps .

i mean yeah distortion share can be a problem for raid design .but anet already found their ways to prevent players distortion through everything .

2 traits line + one gm trait + one master trait +good alacrity uptime + well timing + good amount of knowledge for raid bosses = 5s aegis .

the effort vs reward is way off on this balance .

they could have changed it to blur instead of distortion .but all of those for 5s aegis is just stupid .

oh btw it still has only 300 radius and 5icd lol . why icd is still there anyway

> @"musu.9205" said:

> and btw easier rotation doesn't mean a good thing as there is no pay off for more effort .

What is this payoff you speak of? In raids everyone gets the same rewards as everyone else on a kill. Same with any other group content. If you ask me, if i as a chrono have to get 3 mini heart attacks (figure of speech) over the course of a fight while distorting failed dodges and other mechanics, that there is a big personal loss for me

"I main scourge and i am good at it" = i am a noob

VS

"I main chrono and i am good at it" = i am a god

That there is an unhealthy way of thinking...

Btw i do main scourge and i love it and i am in the mesmer forum and i have a chrono alt and also love it; am i the biggest noob in existence?

> @"TheAndroid.1406" said:

> > @"musu.9205" said:

> > and btw easier rotation doesn't mean a good thing as there is no pay off for more effort .

>

> What is this payoff you speak of? In raids everyone gets the same rewards as everyone else on a kill. Same with any other group content. If you ask me, if i as a chrono have to get 3 mini heart attacks (figure of speech) over the course of a fight while distorting failed dodges and other mechanics, that there is a big personal loss for me

>

> "I main scourge and i am good at it" = i am a noob

> VS

> "I main chrono and i am good at it" = i am a god

>

> That there is an unhealthy way of thinking...

>

> Btw i do main scourge and i love it and i am in the mesmer forum and i have a chrono alt and also love it; am i the biggest noob in existence?

what you said is different balance issue and more to do with necro design (being selfish class in its core for too long ).

and what you want from being less experienced chrono ? as good as rest of mes main ? that's what unhealthy way of thinking .

what i meant is after this balance change , the 5s aegis is pretty much meaningless ,you do your basic rotation there won't be much room to improve .game becomes boring .especially considering that we will be running illusion line and join the dps race .

8/10 raid team are just dps race (quickness and alacrity rotation is too easy now anyway). 9/10 if you only solo druid .

i would like a total overhaul for all support spec including support scourge .

> > @"musu.9205" said:

> > and btw easier rotation doesn't mean a good thing as there is no pay off for more effort .

>

> What is this payoff you speak of? In raids everyone gets the same rewards as everyone else on a kill. Same with any other group content. If you ask me, if i as a chrono have to get 3 mini heart attacks (figure of speech) over the course of a fight while distorting failed dodges and other mechanics, that there is a big personal loss for me

>

> "I main scourge and i am good at it" = i am a noob

> VS

> "I main chrono and i am good at it" = i am a god

>

> That there is an unhealthy way of thinking...

>

> Btw i do main scourge and i love it and i am in the mesmer forum and i have a chrono alt and also love it; am i the biggest noob in existence?

what you said is different balance issue and more to do with necro design (being selfish class in its core for too long ).

and what you want from being less experienced chrono ? as good as rest of mes main ? that's what unhealthy way of thinking .

what i meant is after this balance change , the 5s aegis is pretty much meaningless ,you do your basic rotation there won't be much room to improve .game becomes boring .especially considering that we will be running illusion line and join the dps race .

8/10 raid team are just dps race (quickness and alacrity rotation is too easy now anyway). 9/10 if you only solo druid .

i would like a total overhaul for all support spec including support scourge . as i get better at certain support spec i should have more thins to master except dps race .

> @"musu.9205" said:

>

> what you said is different balance issue and more to do with necro design (being selfish class in its core for too long ).

You misunderstood, I am not talking about what the classes do, I am talking about how easy or hard they can do what they do, no matter what that is

> @"musu.9205" said:

>

> and what you want from being less experienced chrono ? as good as rest of mes main ? that's what unhealthy way of thinking .

I never said people should be experts at a class the first minute they touch it. The learning curve for every single class should be the same though

> @"musu.9205" said:

>

> what i meant is after this balance change , the 5s aegis is pretty much meaningless ,you do your basic rotation there won't be much room to improve .game becomes boring .especially considering that we will be running illusion line and join the dps race .

The trait itself is a minor anyway, it's not like you need to choose between that or some other trait. If you would truly need x/Insp for certain fights, you should need it for certain major traits mostly, like Illusionary Inspiration

> @"musu.9205" said:

>

> 8/10 raid team are just dps race (quickness and alacrity rotation is too easy now anyway). 9/10 if you only solo druid .

In raids you need high quickness and alacrity uptime for your group to prevent enrage, so it's ok to be easy to apply. If that were to ever change for the worst, raids would probably become too hard even for experienced players

> @"musu.9205" said:

>

> i would like a total overhaul for all support spec including support scourge . as i get better at certain support spec i should have more thins to master except dps race .

I think Anet's conception of support vs what the community thinks support is are not quite the same

> > @"musu.9205" said:

> >

> > what you said is different balance issue and more to do with necro design (being selfish class in its core for too long ).

>

> You misunderstood, I am not talking about what the classes do, I am talking about how easy or hard they can do what they do, no matter what that is

>

> > @"musu.9205" said:

> >

> > and what you want from being less experienced chrono ? as good as rest of mes main ? that's what unhealthy way of thinking .

>

> I never said people should be experts at a class the first minute they touch it. The learning curve for every single class should be the same though

>

> > @"musu.9205" said:

> >

> > what i meant is after this balance change , the 5s aegis is pretty much meaningless ,you do your basic rotation there won't be much room to improve .game becomes boring .especially considering that we will be running illusion line and join the dps race .

>

> The trait itself is a minor anyway, it's not like you need to choose between that or some other trait. If you would truly need x/Insp for certain fights, you should need it for certain major traits mostly, like Illusionary Inspiration

>

> > @"musu.9205" said:

> >

> > 8/10 raid team are just dps race (quickness and alacrity rotation is too easy now anyway). 9/10 if you only solo druid .

>

> In raids you need high quickness and alacrity uptime for your group to prevent enrage, so it's ok to be easy to apply. If that were to ever change for the worst, raids would probably become too hard even for experienced players

>

> > @"musu.9205" said:

> >

> > i would like a total overhaul for all support spec including support scourge . as i get better at certain support spec i should have more thins to master except dps race .

>

> I think Anet's conception of support vs what the community thinks support is are not quite the same

>

>

>

first of all , its not that single minor traits to do all distortion share chrono used to do . its two trait line + master trait + gm trait + other things like cs to get best use of it .

you do choose , other trait lines are simply better than duel line now hen why i said we just join the dps race with illusion line now . at least read some chrono guide before you claim things like that .

" I am talking about how easy or hard they can do what they do, no matter what that is"

i dont understand what you said here

i basically want a better balance for effort vs reward , reward as in what you can contribute to your team including dps increase / better cc / utility usage . in this case . the utility is simply gone from distortion share

tbh i think you didn't really do much raid yet , there are enough room for a different team comp without any chrono or even quickness source . the enrage timer isnt that tight for most bosses except maybe dhuum and sab .

> @"musu.9205" said:

> > @"TheAndroid.1406" said:

> > > @"musu.9205" said:

> > >

> > > what you said is different balance issue and more to do with necro design (being selfish class in its core for too long ).

> >

> > You misunderstood, I am not talking about what the classes do, I am talking about how easy or hard they can do what they do, no matter what that is

> >

> > > @"musu.9205" said:

> > >

> > > and what you want from being less experienced chrono ? as good as rest of mes main ? that's what unhealthy way of thinking .

> >

> > I never said people should be experts at a class the first minute they touch it. The learning curve for every single class should be the same though

> >

> > > @"musu.9205" said:

> > >

> > > what i meant is after this balance change , the 5s aegis is pretty much meaningless ,you do your basic rotation there won't be much room to improve .game becomes boring .especially considering that we will be running illusion line and join the dps race .

> >

> > The trait itself is a minor anyway, it's not like you need to choose between that or some other trait. If you would truly need x/Insp for certain fights, you should need it for certain major traits mostly, like Illusionary Inspiration

> >

> > > @"musu.9205" said:

> > >

> > > 8/10 raid team are just dps race (quickness and alacrity rotation is too easy now anyway). 9/10 if you only solo druid .

> >

> > In raids you need high quickness and alacrity uptime for your group to prevent enrage, so it's ok to be easy to apply. If that were to ever change for the worst, raids would probably become too hard even for experienced players

> >

> > > @"musu.9205" said:

> > >

> > > i would like a total overhaul for all support spec including support scourge . as i get better at certain support spec i should have more thins to master except dps race .

> >

> > I think Anet's conception of support vs what the community thinks support is are not quite the same

> >

> >

> >

>

> first of all , its not that single minor traits to do all distortion share chrono used to do . its two trait line + master trait + gm trait + other things like cs to get best use of it .

> you do choose , other trait lines are simply better than duel line now hen why i said we just join the dps race with illusion line now . at least read some chrono guide before you claim things like that .

> " I am talking about how easy or hard they can do what they do, no matter what that is"

> i dont understand what you said here

> i basically want a better balance for effort vs reward , reward as in what you can contribute to your team including dps increase / better cc / utility usage . in this case . the utility is simply gone from distortion share

>

> tbh i think you didn't really do much raid yet , there are enough room for a different team comp without any chrono or even quickness source . the enrage timer isnt that tight for most bosses except maybe dhuum and sab .

I've done raids, they are not rocket science, but I have also read chrono guides which are "rocket science" compared to guides on other classes

Since you didn't understand, I will try to rephrase:

As a chrono I have to do many things

As a {nsert some other class here} I have to do less than if i were a chrono

^------- this is not balanced imo

> > @"musu.9205" said:

> > > @"TheAndroid.1406" said:

> > > > @"musu.9205" said:

> > > >

> > > > what you said is different balance issue and more to do with necro design (being selfish class in its core for too long ).

> > >

> > > You misunderstood, I am not talking about what the classes do, I am talking about how easy or hard they can do what they do, no matter what that is

> > >

> > > >

> > > > and what you want from being less experienced chrono ? as good as rest of mes main ? that's what unhealthy way of thinking .

> > >

> > > I never said people should be experts at a class the first minute they touch it. The learning curve for every single class should be the same though

> > >

> > > >

> > > > what i meant is after this balance change , the 5s aegis is pretty much meaningless ,you do your basic rotation there won't be much room to improve .game becomes boring .especially considering that we will be running illusion line and join the dps race .

> > >

> > > The trait itself is a minor anyway, it's not like you need to choose between that or some other trait. If you would truly need x/Insp for certain fights, you should need it for certain major traits mostly, like Illusionary Inspiration

> > >

> > > >

> > > > 8/10 raid team are just dps race (quickness and alacrity rotation is too easy now anyway). 9/10 if you only solo druid .

> > >

> > > In raids you need high quickness and alacrity uptime for your group to prevent enrage, so it's ok to be easy to apply. If that were to ever change for the worst, raids would probably become too hard even for experienced players

> > >

> > > >

> > > > i would like a total overhaul for all support spec including support scourge . as i get better at certain support spec i should have more thins to master except dps race .

> > >

> > > I think Anet's conception of support vs what the community thinks support is are not quite the same

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > first of all , its not that single minor traits to do all distortion share chrono used to do . its two trait line + master trait + gm trait + other things like cs to get best use of it .

> > you do choose , other trait lines are simply better than duel line now hen why i said we just join the dps race with illusion line now . at least read some chrono guide before you claim things like that .

> > " I am talking about how easy or hard they can do what they do, no matter what that is"

> > i dont understand what you said here

> > i basically want a better balance for effort vs reward , reward as in what you can contribute to your team including dps increase / better cc / utility usage . in this case . the utility is simply gone from distortion share

> >

> > tbh i think you didn't really do much raid yet , there are enough room for a different team comp without any chrono or even quickness source . the enrage timer isnt that tight for most bosses except maybe dhuum and sab .

>

> I've done raids, they are not rocket science, but I have also read chrono guides which are "rocket science" compared to guides on other classes

>

> Since you didn't understand, I will try to rephrase:

>

> As a chrono I have to do many things

> As a {nsert some other class here} I have to do less than if i were a chrono

>

> ^------- this is not balanced imo

then add things for other class especially for support class to do . idk why it has anything to do with chrono .

if its imbalanced , why you want to go a simpler side when gw2 gameplay is already simple enough ?

It has to do with chrono because it is harder to learn when compared to other classes. Well maybe weaver rotation is a bit more tedious but you get the point

As far as balance is concerned, this can go in many different ways, not necessarily make the game easier or harder. The main idea would be to bring the difficulty to play all classes at a baseline level without making the game itself feel like a second job. If I want to play chrono, I want to actually play chrono, not go to chrono college

I'd like to add one more thing concerning raids and I'm done: i agree raids should be difficult, but they should be difficult in terms of mechanics, not in terms of what class I play. I shouldn't feel an encounter is harder to do as a chrono than if i play other classes, but maybe I'm just an idealist

I sort of agree on both ends.

On the one, I'm happy other players have to learn boss mechanics now. Being able to just "cheat" virtually all important mechanics was really stupid. Just not good design.

But on the other hand, I also agree that the nerf removed an interesting piece of functionality. Maybe making it so only F4 is affected but shares for the full duration would have been better?

> @"Carighan.6758" said:

> I sort of agree on both ends.

>

> On the one, I'm happy other players have to learn boss mechanics now. Being able to just "cheat" virtually all important mechanics was really stupid. Just not good design.

>

> But on the other hand, I also agree that the nerf removed an interesting piece of functionality. Maybe making it so only F4 is affected but shares for the full duration would have been better?

That would have been way to op for spvp and wvw. A skill split would have been mandatory.

I kind like the new version, let's wait and see how things turn out. Definitely an improvement for fractals.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"Carighan.6758" said:

> > I sort of agree on both ends.

> >

> > On the one, I'm happy other players have to learn boss mechanics now. Being able to just "cheat" virtually all important mechanics was really stupid. Just not good design.

> >

> > But on the other hand, I also agree that the nerf removed an interesting piece of functionality. Maybe making it so only F4 is affected but shares for the full duration would have been better?

>

> That would have been way to op for spvp and wvw. A skill split would have been mandatory.

>

> I kind like the new version, let's wait and see how things turn out. Definitely an improvement for fractals.

Yes, but like @"musu.9205" said, sharing 5 seconds of aegis requires an asinine level of investment in our build now. Considering that mesmer is all about team support (reflects, SoI, TW, group stealth, used to have distortion share), its kind of fucked that we require so much build investment to share 5 seconds of aegis with our teammates. That's not even close to being balanced. Either the effect needs to be buffed (which would be similar to my suggestion), or the investment required needs to be dropped significantly. But there isn't a good way to drop the investment level, so ideally we just need to change the effect

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> Non Mesmers asked for Chrono nerfs so they took the ability away for Chrono to carry those players through content. Love it.

Yeah, the irony makes one giggle. I love that they addressed some of our other issues though.

Monday next week will be when most groups notice big differences.

That said, I have to say, balance patches every quarter year are way more healthy for the pve endgame (spvp doesn't have gear so not affected and would benefit from more frequent releases). Having to regear characters every 4-8 weeks is quite a lot of effort for the pve endgame for some.

> @"OriOri.8724" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Carighan.6758" said:

> > > I sort of agree on both ends.

> > >

> > > On the one, I'm happy other players have to learn boss mechanics now. Being able to just "cheat" virtually all important mechanics was really stupid. Just not good design.

> > >

> > > But on the other hand, I also agree that the nerf removed an interesting piece of functionality. Maybe making it so only F4 is affected but shares for the full duration would have been better?

> >

> > That would have been way to op for spvp and wvw. A skill split would have been mandatory.

> >

> > I kind like the new version, let's wait and see how things turn out. Definitely an improvement for fractals.

>

> Yes, but like @"musu.9205" said, sharing 5 seconds of aegis requires an asinine level of investment in our build now. Considering that mesmer is all about team support (reflects, SoI, TW, group stealth, used to have distortion share), its kind of kitten that we require so much build investment to share 5 seconds of aegis with our teammates. That's not even close to being balanced. Either the effect needs to be buffed (which would be similar to my suggestion), or the investment required needs to be dropped significantly. But there isn't a good way to drop the investment level, so ideally we just need to change the effect

Well yes and no. With boon duration that aegis is now 10 seconds and gets reapplied potentially every 5 seconds (ICD of the trait). That is a lot of aegis with chronos summoning phantasms and using signets left and right.

I do agree that Domination could use some love. Taking that line for only 1 trait is silly.

lol distort sharing wasn't hard it just required you to know the actual boss fights in and out which should be the fact for every single player. You had to cast a phantasm or signet 1 to half a second before the mech happened then you had actual distort which was even easier time wise.

As for domination it doesn't need a kitten thing it's not meant to be a supportive line to begin with it just so happened that the signet trait played insanely well with inspiring distortion.

Distort sharing was a very unhealthy thing for the game, the real reason ppl are upset is because they had to spend time learning every single boss mechanic and knowing what to distort vs what not to what boss abilities looked like and specific tells for each attack

As for ppl being upset about guardians having more aegis its one of their main mechanics and chronos already have well of precog which in itself is the biggest slap in the face to a guardian. The only "guardian" that will supply enough aegis for it to matter would be frequently enough would be firebrand with the mantra heal or giving up dps to use f3 and that's only aegis where as invul worked on a ton of stuff aegis didn't apply.

Chronomancers are perfectly fine I highly doubt ppl will suddenly start wanting Quickness firebrand and Alacrity renegades over chronos.