Expansion number 3: ideas

I am looking forward to the next expansion. I feel HOT got meta events and masteries right, and POF got exploration right. The next one I hope will be a marriage of those lessons.

More than that though, I was thinking that Expansion 3 really needs a new starter zone for a new "generation" to pick up the fight with two dragons dead and whatever events conclude in season 4.

So I would like to see:

New 1-70 zones (need to bring new players in without having to worry about trying to do 5-7 years of back story )

A new 80 zone and masteries

1-2 new races

A new continent (Cantha would be great too, but a new continent may provide more leeway )

What would you l like to see?

> @"Laila Lightness.8742" said:

> Making a race would take around 2 years since refit content existing and new and animations too the new race

I understand where this argument is coming from, but you can find a solution by simply avoiding to give the new race a personal story. To not look at a dead parrot with Tengu again I will use Largos as example:

Forced by a pact with a respected pact hero(Trahaerne), only one Largos took interest in the new development of the pact a few years ago. Since then it has returned home and brought a legend with her. Other, young gun largos picked that up and now they want to test their mettle against the foes of the friends of the repspected hero to see if the legend is correct or not. Arriving in core Tyria, they learn that said hero has sacrificed himself to kill a dragon. Impressed by so much heroism, some largos decide to follow the path of the great hero and join forces with his friends, earning their respect while bringing honor to his people.

For a more funny approach let´s take Skritt:

One of the best agents of the priory was always a litte bit fishy for his colleagues. Highly intelligent and respected by all his peers for his razorsharp intellect and creative solutions for a multitude of problems, he never took place in festivals and excused himself to the reclusiveness of his study chamber. At the same time, three skritt appeared on said festivals and did skrit like things, yapping incoherently and getting drunk. All three had medaillons with the name of the scholar around the neck, and his colleagues knew that they had to dump the skritt in a box close to his refugee the next morning.

One day, the leader of the priory finds out that his best man or woman is really a team of three Skritt with Mesmer powers to appear human! To avoid outrage in his order, he sends the three skritts on a mission to join dragon watch. There he can tell Taimi what an amateur she really is, babble incoherently with Braham and call out Rytlock how stupid he was in the past and what he plans to do next to bring certain doom to the world while gnawing on a cheesecake or something.

And if it turns out to be true that housing is next in line, can you justify how making housing instead of a race would be less of a waste of developer time? Including guild halls and home instance, there would be 3! instances just for you...

> @"Torolan.5816" said:

> And if it turns out to be true that housing is next in line, can you justify how making housing instead of a race would be less of a waste of developer time?

Yes - because player housing would be monetized to hell and back.

Your ideas sound very fun, but I'm not sure that's what ArenaNet is worried about. I think the next expansion will be a lot like the previous two: a few new maps, the new specializations, and a big new feature that will be heavily monetized (gliders in HoT, mounts in PoF). I expect to see player housing, with the addendum that the house available in game will be something like [this](https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/old-wooden-shack-picture-id159326671). Meanwhile, a large variety of houses will be sold on the Gem Store, including everything from a mansion to a beach house to a castle. Plus a massive amount of interior decorations, each costing 2000 gems.

> @"Erasculio.2914" said:

> > @"Torolan.5816" said:

> > And if it turns out to be true that housing is next in line, can you justify how making housing instead of a race would be less of a waste of developer time?

>

> Yes - because player housing would be monetized to hell and back.

>

> Your ideas sound very fun, but I'm not sure that's what ArenaNet is worried about. I think the next expansion will be a lot like the previous two: a few new maps, the new specializations, and a big new feature that will be heavily monetized (gliders in HoT, mounts in PoF). I expect to see player housing, with the addendum that the house available in game will be something like [this](https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/old-wooden-shack-picture-id159326671). Meanwhile, a large variety of houses will be sold on the Gem Store, including everything from a mansion to a beach house to a castle. Plus a massive amount of interior decorations, each costing 2000 gems.

>

But can´t you copy that on anything that can have multiple skins? Not to think about new chacter slots, new customers for existing skins, new additional bag spaces and so on.

I would for example not want to be seen buried under a peackock mount with any of my current characters. But you could bet your house skin on the idea that i would buy one for my Tengu samurai themed character.

What I really want and hope for, for our 3rd expansion;

- Unending Ocean, (most only underwater maps)

- Cantha

- Tengu (_playable race_) + Dominion of Winds town map for Tengu etc.

- Reworked Underwater combat+trait system

- Ritualist, Assassin, Paragon, Dervish Elite Specs

- New weapon mechanism, Polearm, land-Spear, etc.

- More cultural armor and weapons, specially armor!!

Yeah.. but anything is welcome really.

I wonder how long the 3rd expansion will take as they seems to be working on it right now?

2 years?