Trinket help

Phit.3560

Hello all!

First I've been playing for quite some time, mostly solo. I really really love this game and I really enjoy my main character (Mesmer). I have an 80 elementalist and a 80 necro that help me farm berries, blood rubys etc. I'm looking at getting more into the game, experiencing more content, PVE and PVP. I've been playing quite abit of pvp as Mirage and love it. I've been working on the PoF story as Mirage as well.

I have a full complete set of exotic berserker and vipers gear. I have an ascended commanders shield and one earring and an exotic commanders shoulders. I have 2/6 leadership runes, one sup. sigil of concentration. I'm at 469 tailoring and 400 chef with this guy, 400 artificer and 400 weapon smith with my elementalist.

I'm sitting at 500 winterberries and 125 blood rubies, will have 150 by tomorrow and might finish the Bloodstone fen PVP reward track.

I really want to start fractrals, raiding and other stuff like I said above. I'd really like to tank eventually.

Question, what should I spend my winterberries and blood rubies on? I already have one commander earring from winterberries. I've reviewed the guides and I'm still at a loss. Should I be looking at going full ascended berserker with leadership runes and just commanders legs or something? Should I go full commanders including trinkets? I see one of the guides has full commanders armor with berserkers trinkets? Just kinda lost at what to get with my winterberries and blood rubies.

Thanks in advance!

Just so you are aware there are only a few raid bosses that require a dedicated tank and fractals don't use 1 at all, so the amount of traditional mmorpg tanking you'll be doing will be limited. When running chrono builds in fractals and raids, your main role is to support the team by providing 100% uptime on quickness and alacrity, which hugely increases the group's damage output. So you need enough concentration to give you that 100% uptime on the buffs but if you take full commanders gear you will have more concentration than you need for the 100% uptime, effectively giving you wasted stats.

My advice to you would be to go for berserker trinkets to begin with because you'll be able to use these on all your characters (ascended trinkets are account bound so can be swapped between characters) and go from there.

Use a build editor http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/ to figure out how to hit desired boon duration (or adapt builds from raiding websites to your liking).

Ways to hit 100% boon duration:

- Sigil of Concentration (gives 33% on weapons swap)

- Runes of Leadership or Firebrand

- Chaos trait line (this is a cheap version for early on, not recommended for later because the trait line is not needed)

- Commander or Minstrel gear

- boon duration food and utilities

- fractal potions give stats in fractals (15% boon duration at 150 agony resistance)

I'd recommend getting commander trinkets first. You can run full commander trinkets with berserker armor and get close to 100% boon duration that way. Get berserker stats from fractals for rings. Use this site for a general overview: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

There is 2 approaches to this basically, either get full commander armor with commander amulet or get full commander trinkets. The reason I'd recommend getting commander from living world season 3 is, the stat combo is from HoT and will thus not be available on other gear.

It's easier to get 2 sets of trinkets (berserker and commander) compared to getting 2 sets of armor.

If you haven't already, take a look at the wiki article: [so You Want To Gear a Character](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/So_You_Want_To_Gear_a_Character "So You Want To Gear a Character"). It goes over efficient ways to get meta gear. Keep in mind you can get ascended Berserker trinkets from multiple sources without spending your LS3 map currencies.

For PvE, I went with builds that allow me to gear for different content by just swapping my trinkets. Since you have to swap your offhand weapons a lot you'll want to keep those as Berserker. This means my main-hand sword is Commanders with a Sigil of Concentration. I also tried to use cheaper consumables.

For raids, using exotic Commander's trinkets will let you hit 100% boon duration without breaking the bank. Here's a [budget raid build](http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAsMA-jRSfABsqEkD1V+THAh7PAgWgzM/8oKFb+AAuU5XAgEgzjvEAnn5Zemn5ZeQKAAHDA-e "budget raid build"). This does require jewel crafting, buying the trinket recipes, and some DS farming. I took this route since I wanted to use LS3 currencies on other gear.

For fractals, use the Large Mist Mobility potion to turn your agony resistance into boon duration to hit the 100% mark. Here's a [fractal build](http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAsMA-jRCXABhoF4BlgArMo09HAVHAvPAgeUXBAlewqSRAgDgzbeAc+5nf+5nXzP/8zP/8zP/8zLFAgjBA-e "fractal build").

My recommendation's for you

1. Berserker trinkets from fractals, guild commendations, and laurels

2. Exotic Commander trinkets for a budget raid build

3. LS3 currencies for either Viper if you're committed to Mirage or trinkets for a meta WvW build

So before Knakcyknave's post I purchased 2 more commanders ascended trinkets. I realize that I could have went with exotic, i have all 3 recipes, commanders trinkets with double boons for more concentration, a few exotic commanders armor and I would have more concentration with less toughness.

This is my current build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAsOSAAgaA-jRSLABPrFAAdAZt/wtTK6QJ17KXW/BA8g6P8rEUUABG-e

I have exotic commanders coat, gloves and shoulders all with leadership runes, this brings my boon duration to 56.4% and my toughness to 1395.

Question, is my toughness too high. Should I be focusing on as much power as possible while still reaching for 100% boon duration?

> @"Phit.3560" said:

> So before Knakcyknave's post I purchased 2 more commanders ascended trinkets. I realize that I could have went with exotic, i have all 3 recipes, commanders trinkets with double boons for more concentration, a few exotic commanders armor and I would have more concentration with less toughness.

>

> This is my current build

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQJAsOSAAgaA-jRSLABPrFAAdAZt/wtTK6QJ17KXW/BA8g6P8rEUUABG-e

>

> I have exotic commanders coat, gloves and shoulders all with leadership runes, this brings my boon duration to 56.4% and my toughness to 1395.

>

> Question, is my toughness too high. Should I be focusing on as much power as possible while still reaching for 100% boon duration?

Using exotic versus ascended will cost you a lot of power and precision, not to mention exotic trinkets can't use agony infusion for T4 fractals.

That's not counting the fact that:

- exotic items are soulbound and can't be traded to a different character

- exotic items cost a lot more gold to make than getting ascended via LWS3

Also, you really don't want to be running traveler runes. The 25% movement speed bonus is useless on chrono and the rest of the stats are meh.

Toughness breakpoints for tank are 1400+, 1800+, 2200+ depending on your team. Support chrono should not exceed 1400 toughness as to not mess with the tank.