The reason behind the lag spikes we're experiencing (Belgium)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"agnofinitra.6791" said:

> Same here, Proximus in East Flanders. ping of 2000 - 4500 when close to fights in WvW. Made the mistake of reinstalling....

> will try Pingzapper and let you guys know if it fixes something.

>

Even if it works though, the free trial lasts a week and I don't feel like relying on a paid third-party program to get access back to the game. While an argument might be that it's fixed within a week, I'm simply not too sure of that since the guy I had from Proximus support just told me it wasn't their problem.

> @"AkaXan.1096" said:

> > @"agnofinitra.6791" said:

> > Same here, Proximus in East Flanders. ping of 2000 - 4500 when close to fights in WvW. Made the mistake of reinstalling....

> > will try Pingzapper and let you guys know if it fixes something.

> >

>

> Even if it works though, the free trial lasts a week and I don't feel like relying on a paid third-party program to get access back to the game. While an argument might be that it's fixed within a week, I'm simply not too sure of that since the guy I had from Proximus support just told me it wasn't their problem.

I agree. it would just be a temporary fix so we can actually play while we wait and search for a solution.

Let's keep this thread active so we get Anet's attention and get a response from them.

(maybe all submit a support ticket witht the issue?)

Would be a shame to end like this after 5 years of playing...

> @"Goldo.4513" said:

> if someone shares their proximus ticket number we could refer to it

Basically this ! I can make one support ticket for which you can refer to.

However, any of you guys have any advices on how to proceed in terms of content included within the ticket ?

I was thinking about

- referencing this thread to show it's not a one-customer issue but it impact at least 20 people, from the data gathered in this thread.

- pingplotter obviously (if some of you can share it)

- Any other ideas ?

> @"agnofinitra.6791" said:

> Let's keep this thread active so we get Anet's attention and get a response from them.

Yes, keep this thread alive. Anet's support is needed here :)

PS: Neemt u me niet kwalijk maar wist het niet dat Proximus een ISP in Vlaanderen is. Sterkte, Vlaams van Tyria ! <3

Finally got the game re-installed. (after 2days of downloading)

Now when I play I have to wait like 5-10mins before all my chars are loaded in the character select screen.

And when I'm in game not all the gfx load up. Missing npc's, mobs, structures.

Even when I'm in game for like 30mins it doesn't improve.

I had a big lag spike that lasted for about 10-15 minutes during the big meta event in Bloodstone Fen yesterday evening. Very unusual, I am also on Proximus but during the week I am not playing enough to tell if there are significant connection problems. Might it not be just heavier load on GW2 servers because of the content patches and the Wintersday events?

Same problem here (Vlaams-Brabant). Never had any problem with the game, neither FPS or Ping. Now, since a couple of days I keep having lag spikes in wvw, winterday stuff, pvp even in fractals/raids, guess what (I'm Proximus y'all: these guys seem to screw up everything they put their hands on)

I had a call with Proximus today. Dont expect a fix. They did a few things with my modem and then the typical no issue on our side everything is normal. They dont even know if there is a problem. When i said i'm not the only one they didn't even took it serious and avoided it. Everything was typical support. Resetting the modem then they did some stuff to it and thats it.

What is very "funny" is that it seems like Proximus had the same problem (BBOX3 Technicolor routing to servers) with Destiny 2. I got the info from their forums (sticky thread, fr or nl forum).

They found a fix for Destinity 2, so why not for us ? :cold_sweat:

If it isn't fixed within a month, I'll consider switching to VOO... My last hope is a solution resulting from a b2b conversation between A-net and Proximus. This is

very unlikely to happen though.

What annoy's me the most is everytime they have an issue on their side they always say nothing wrong here and they say come with reset your modem and then we will send someone to check the modem. Then they change the modem while nothing was wrong with it and the problem continu's. Now they say they have no problem and dont even take it serious even if you say multiple people are involved with the same issue.

EDIT: Just had an other call with them. The person i had on the phone recommed to all post this on.

https://fr.forum.proximus.be/internet-10/gamer-probleme-de-ping-avec-les-serveurs-arena-net-43966/index1.html#post602934

And this one if you are Dutch.

https://nl.forum.proximus.be/internet-10/in-game-problemen-guild-wars-2-42006

So they can make a ticket. If we all start making differend posts and call they will not make a ticket.

Ty who made this post on the Proximus forum!

Also made a post about it at

I hope this way we can get as many people as possible so we hopefully get a fix.

Moreover, seems like the dutch forum is more active...

They'll probably install a new update on your b-box. Give it a try !

> @"Merc The Forgotten.5610" said:

> Just had an other call with them. The person i had on the phone recommed to all post this on.

>

> https://fr.forum.proximus.be/internet-10/gamer-probleme-de-ping-avec-les-serveurs-arena-net-43966/index1.html#post602934

>

> And this one if you are Dutch.

> https://nl.forum.proximus.be/internet-10/in-game-problemen-guild-wars-2-42006

> So they can make a ticket. If we all start making differend posts and call they will not make a ticket.

> Ty who made this post on the Proximus forum!

>

> Also made a post about it at

> I hope this way we can get as many people as possible so we hopefully get a fix.

>

The more we are, the more likely they'll do something about it !