The perils of being an older gamer (silliness alert!)

Tanith.5264

> @"Donari.5237" said:

> > @"Wizler.8192" said:

> All you youngers reading this, though? Sure, you don't get to say you remember seeing the original Star Wars opening weekend in theaters in the late 70's. But there's plenty happening now that in 40 years you'll be the ones flaunting *I was there* at the new kids. And you'll get to see even more amazing things come out. I still don't take cell phones, electric cars, or the Internet for granted, and I continue to boggle at how millions of people around the world can share simultaneously in real-time-response games like GW2. I wonder what games will be like when you're my age or older?

>

I watched the original Star Wars film SEVEN TIMES!!! I was a young Second Lieutenant, fresh out of West Point. Loved it... fell in love with Princess Leia at first sight...

Personally, I thought all of the subsequent films were way off the mark. The first film was a fairy tale set in a future universe. The rest? Just an attempt by a studio to make money...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Nep Leet.5491" said:

> Over 50 here and I am **very** immature for my age! _beams a proud smile_ =)

>

> I recall back in 1999, playing Everquest, and thinking at the time, _"Imagine retirement homes in the future, a sign on the bulletin board outside the gaming room: RAID NIGHT TONIGHT!"_ Something to look forward to, yah? ;)

OMG..........that would be hilarious! :3

> @"Dmitri Fatkin.8162" said:

> Your story resembles me of what we were doing for at least one third of the time allocated for computer classes, since adventuring in the labyrinths or shaking the trees with fruit-like characters seemed a little bit more captivating for 11 years old kids than composing properly-structured Basic code. The early 90's were definitely enthralling and interesting-to-recall anew times! Doing so spontaneously led me into browsing the timeline presented [here](http://www.computerhistory.org/timeline/1990/ "here"). :)

I should mention that 6th form in the UK was for 16 to 18 year olds, not 11 year olds, they wouldn't have been allowed anywhere near computers back then.