Can we get some slight changes?[PvP Focus]

jcbroe.4329

Alright, so it's been awhile since I've made a thread like this because ultimately I feel it amounts to nothing constructive, but with the direction the game has been heading and with no signs that we'll return to a more toned down, reasonable setting, I wanted to introduce some ideas to address a few mostly QoL improvements.

* Wilderness Knowledge: extend the condition removal to also apply to the pet

* Invigorating Bond: added effect, removes 2 condis. Radius extended to 600.

* Instinctive Reaction: remove the Quickness effect. New added effect; when you apply regen to a target (self/pet included), remove a condition from them as well.

* ~~Brutish Seals: changed the fury application to Resistance, also applied to pet, at a lower duration.~~

* Striders Defense: changed. You and your pet gain Resistance whenever you gain fury.

* ~~Zephyrs Speed: added effect, swapping a pet performs a blast finisher at your location~~

* Beastly Warden: added effect blast finisher effect

* Offhand Dagger: change both skills to use the ammo system

* warhorn: remove single target from 4, make it AoE

* Lb1: remove lowest range tier of damage scaling, leave the second 2.

* Lb3: remove the shot, this skill is now just a stealth and pet swiftness

* GS2: added effect; blast finisher

* Lightning Reflexes: remove all debilitating conditions, not just immobilize

* Signet of Renewal: extended range to 1500

* Druidic Clarity: also affects pet

* Lingering Light: reworked. This now drops a seed of light at targets location on hit, with ICD. Seed of Light detonation is now a blast finisher (blasts itself by default).

* ~~Verdant Etching: added effect, activating a glyph also performs a blast finisher.~~

* Primal Echos change: removed daze. Now casts lesser glyph of equality(same effect minus stunbreak) on weapon swap, 9s ICD.

* Natural Mender: added effect, grant yourself stability when you hard CC an enemy.

Edit: I'll be striking out old ideas and updating and adding items as the conversation progresses.

Now I'm not saying all of these should be put together, but they are all some concepts I think would add some more depth or quality to the gameplay experience.

Anyhow, thoughts/feelings?

Edit: I've got nothing for Soulbeast. I have no desire to play it until it "feels good to play" mechanically for me, and I've suggested numerous times in numerous locations how to achieve that.

I like it. For Soulbeast I think all stances should remove 1 condition per pulse and the stance trait should increase that to 2 or 3. Dolyak stance needs a major buff since it's the only defensive skill for the Soulbeast. if it had pulsing resistance along with what it already does and aegis or more resistance/protection on completion that would help a lot. WS needs to not be so mandatory in every pvp/wvw build, soulbeast trait line needs to have some defensive capabilties. If we could mix Druid and Soulbeast trait lines we'd have a great balanced spec and then you could go more defensive with WS or more offensive with Marks or Skirm

I like a lot of ideas, everything that incorporates the pets are welcome. I also like concepts that decentralize condition removal to more traitlines.

Lingering light could be the added blast finisher to lightseeds when they pop , verdant etching is good as it is. Primal echoes could be a trait that activates lesser glyph of equality when you weaponswap with some reasonable icd. Staff reduction should ve merged with natural mender and natural strife should be the minor on natural menders place.

All for it. Except the Brutish Seal change. The fury needs to stay. Blast Finisher on Zephyr's Speed makes no sense as a "lesser version" skill, it's also arleady really strong. And speaking of Lightning Reflexes, it should just have its damage removed all together.

I got one thing for soulbeast (as in an easy QoL change): adding a damage modifier to Essence of Speed while under the effect of quickness. The master traits are some of its weakest parts, (they're not really interesting) but then you'd at least have a defensive, a power oriented and a condi oriented trait.

Aww, I'm quite fond of Hunter's shot being a projectile. Since it has such a short cast time it can have unparalleled usefulness when removing a blind or an aegis at a crucial moment.

SoR range should be increased... not to 1500 but to at least 900, maybe 1000, would be fair and an extreme quality of life upgrade.

> @"Lazze.9870" said:

> All for it. Except the Brutish Seal change. The fury needs to stay. Blast Finisher on Zephyr's Speed makes no sense either as a "lesser version" skill, it's also arleady really strong.

>

> Speaking of Lightning Reflexes, it should just have its damage removed all together.

Yeah, you're right. At the same time though, I'm thinking that Brutish Seals doesn't do much if you aren't running Remorseless.

With the blast finisher, I was looking to try to incorporate more of them into the core Ranger kit with my suggestions, since ranger brings lots of fields with few ways of blasting them. On it's own, the suggestion is a relatively weak tack on, but it opens up more gameplay combinations and opportunities.

Considering this feedback, what would you say to these alterations:

* Scrap the Brutish Seals rework

* rework Strider's Defense, new function: you and your pet gain resistance when you gain fury.

* Remove the blast finisher from Zephyrs Speed.

* Loud Whistle: added effect. "Your pet swap gains recharge reduction and performs a blast finisher at your location."

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> I like a lot of ideas, everything that incorporates the pets are welcome. I also like concepts that decentralize condition removal to more traitlines.

> Lingering light could be the added blast finisher to lightseeds when they pop , verdant etching is good as it is. Primal echoes could be a trait that activates lesser glyph of equality when you weaponswap with some reasonable icd. Staff reduction should ve merged with natural mender and natural strife should be the minor on natural menders place.

I like these ideas a lot, and would like to incorporate them into the list in the OP if you don't mind.

The only one I'm not sure about is the Natural Stride suggestion. While I totally understand where you're coming from, the staff CD trait doesn't need to be split out I don't think.

Hmmmm. What I'd probably end up doing is scrapping Natural Stride in its current state. Add a flat 25% movement speed to Natural Mender. Change Natural Stride to: -33% duration to movement impairing conditions, 66% while in Avatar form. Gain Stability when you hard CC and enemy.

I know it isn't exactly the same, but I hope the it preserves the spirit of the suggestions :)

> @"Eurantien.4632" said:

> Aww, I'm quite fond of Hunter's shot being a projectile. Since it has such a short cast time it can have unparalleled usefulness when removing a blind or an aegis at a crucial moment.

>

> SoR range should be increased... not to 1500 but to at least 900, maybe 1000, would be fair and an extreme quality of life upgrade.

I understand what you mean with both of these. Personally, I'd be okay with trading the use of the shot for the reliable stealth, just for the sake of consistency.

Which is exactly what I'd say for SoR. In a vacuum it might seem a powerful suggestion, but I don't think it would out perform similar options found throughout the rest of the game, and still carries the risk of melting the pet.

I know that the AoE condi pull is a consideration when making this suggestion. Again, personally, I'd be willing to sacrifice that portion of the skill for the sake of having a consistent condi removal option the works every time (if the pet if alive).

But that could just be me. I'm not sure how hands on you are, but I understand you haven't been in game for awhile. I feel like you'd understand where the suggestions are coming from in a heartbeat lol.

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > I like a lot of ideas, everything that incorporates the pets are welcome. I also like concepts that decentralize condition removal to more traitlines.

> > Lingering light could be the added blast finisher to lightseeds when they pop , verdant etching is good as it is. Primal echoes could be a trait that activates lesser glyph of equality when you weaponswap with some reasonable icd. Staff reduction should ve merged with natural mender and natural strife should be the minor on natural menders place.

>

> I like these ideas a lot, and would like to incorporate them into the list in the OP if you don't mind.

>

> The only one I'm not sure about is the Natural Stride suggestion. While I totally understand where you're coming from, the staff CD trait doesn't need to be split out I don't think.

>

> Hmmmm. What I'd probably end up doing is scrapping Natural Stride in its current state. Add a flat 25% movement speed to Natural Mender. Change Natural Stride to: -33% duration to movement impairing conditions, 66% while in Avatar form. Gain Stability when you hard CC and enemy.

>

> I know it isn't exactly the same, but I hope the it preserves the spirit of the suggestions :)

Ofcourse you can put them into the thread i appreciate your gratitude.

My main goal from this suggestion though is not that i what natural stride baseline, its more that natural mender has no use in all builds and natural stride does. Increasing outgoing healing is beneficial for all people that use staff so it would make sense to put natural mender into the staff trait. Primal echoes with my proposed effect would be a little bit to strong for a minor so i would not put it on such a position.

My Druid trait architecture would look like this:

1. Minor: Cel. Being.

Adept:

Druidic clarity

Cultivated synergy

Verdant

2. Minor: Live vicariously

Master:

Cel. Shadow

Primal Echoes (the weaponswap glyph trait i mentioned)

Natural Mender (Change to staff trait i mentioned)

3. Minor: Natural stride

GM: As we know them but lingering light is now the explo finisher on seeds of life.

Other possibility is to put natural stride on the place of cultivates synergy and make CS a minor trait.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > I like a lot of ideas, everything that incorporates the pets are welcome. I also like concepts that decentralize condition removal to more traitlines.

> > > Lingering light could be the added blast finisher to lightseeds when they pop , verdant etching is good as it is. Primal echoes could be a trait that activates lesser glyph of equality when you weaponswap with some reasonable icd. Staff reduction should ve merged with natural mender and natural strife should be the minor on natural menders place.

> >

> > I like these ideas a lot, and would like to incorporate them into the list in the OP if you don't mind.

> >

> > The only one I'm not sure about is the Natural Stride suggestion. While I totally understand where you're coming from, the staff CD trait doesn't need to be split out I don't think.

> >

> > Hmmmm. What I'd probably end up doing is scrapping Natural Stride in its current state. Add a flat 25% movement speed to Natural Mender. Change Natural Stride to: -33% duration to movement impairing conditions, 66% while in Avatar form. Gain Stability when you hard CC and enemy.

> >

> > I know it isn't exactly the same, but I hope the it preserves the spirit of the suggestions :)

>

> Ofcourse you can put them into the thread i appreciate your gratitude.

>

> My main goal from this suggestion though is not that i what natural stride baseline, its more that natural mender has no use in all builds and natural stride does. Increasing outgoing healing is beneficial for all people that use staff so it would make sense to put natural mender into the staff trait. Primal echoes with my proposed effect would be a little bit to strong for a minor so i would not put it on such a position.

>

> My Druid trait architecture would look like this:

>

> 1. Minor: Cel. Being.

>

> Adept:

> Druidic clarity

> Cultivated synergy

> Verdant

>

> 2. Minor: Live vicariously

>

> Master:

> Cel. Shadow

> Primal Echoes (the weaponswap glyph trait i mentioned)

> Natural Mender (Change to staff trait i mentioned)

>

> 3. Minor: Natural stride

>

> GM: As we know them but lingering light is now the explo finisher on seeds of life.

>

>

> Other possibility is to put natural stride on the place of cultivates synergy and make CS a minor trait.

>

>

>

Ahhhh, see, I was under the impression that lesser glyph of equality would just be a daze and count as a glyph cast, essentially making it the same exact trait it currently is, but with added synergy with the glyph traits.

Not that I'm saying that it isn't powerful, but it would have to be able to compete with Druidic Clarity.

I understand what you mean now with the changes to Natural Mender now though. I was just thinking that staff cooldown + outgoing Healing may not be powerful enough to compete with the other master traits.

But really we're on the exact same page, different ideas, same concept. We'd be at it forever debating the nuances of each others changes lol, so I'm just happy to see that we're in agreement and like the concepts and directions we could go.

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > All for it. Except the Brutish Seal change. The fury needs to stay. Blast Finisher on Zephyr's Speed makes no sense either as a "lesser version" skill, it's also arleady really strong.

> >

> > Speaking of Lightning Reflexes, it should just have its damage removed all together.

>

> Yeah, you're right. At the same time though, I'm thinking that Brutish Seals doesn't do much if you aren't running Remorseless.

>

> With the blast finisher, I was looking to try to incorporate more of them into the core Ranger kit with my suggestions, since ranger brings lots of fields with few ways of blasting them. On it's own, the suggestion is a relatively weak tack on, but it opens up more gameplay combinations and opportunities.

>

> Considering this feedback, what would you say to these alterations:

> * Scrap the Brutish Seals rework

> * rework Strider's Defense, new function: you and your pet gain resistance when you gain fury.

> * Remove the blast finisher from Zephyrs Speed.

> * Loud Whistle: added effect. "Your pet swap gains recharge reduction and performs a blast finisher at your location."

>

In my opinion it adds a strong utility to an already strong trait, especially when you got survival skills traited. There is very little reason to run the other beastmastery grandmasters (the only one really is the axe trait when using axes and staying merged as a soulbeast, aka pve). Zephyr's Speed can already act as a condi clear, with fury and quickness application + superspeed that gives you great mobility on a 15 second cooldown. Blast from pet swap is already availble with Clarion Bond.

As for Loud Whistle, it should work in beastmode. As in, the 10 % when above 90 % health. I think a blast finisher should go to the blind or taunt on F2 traits, if any.

> @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> > > @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > > All for it. Except the Brutish Seal change. The fury needs to stay. Blast Finisher on Zephyr's Speed makes no sense either as a "lesser version" skill, it's also arleady really strong.

> > >

> > > Speaking of Lightning Reflexes, it should just have its damage removed all together.

> >

> > Yeah, you're right. At the same time though, I'm thinking that Brutish Seals doesn't do much if you aren't running Remorseless.

> >

> > With the blast finisher, I was looking to try to incorporate more of them into the core Ranger kit with my suggestions, since ranger brings lots of fields with few ways of blasting them. On it's own, the suggestion is a relatively weak tack on, but it opens up more gameplay combinations and opportunities.

> >

> > Considering this feedback, what would you say to these alterations:

> > * Scrap the Brutish Seals rework

> > * rework Strider's Defense, new function: you and your pet gain resistance when you gain fury.

> > * Remove the blast finisher from Zephyrs Speed.

> > * Loud Whistle: added effect. "Your pet swap gains recharge reduction and performs a blast finisher at your location."

> >

>

> In my opinion it adds a strong utility to an already strong trait, especially when you got survival skills traited. There is very little reason to run the other beastmastery grandmasters (the only one really is the axe trait when using axes and staying merged as a soulbeast, aka pve). Zephyr's Speed can already act as a condi clear, with fury and quickness application + superspeed that gives you great mobility on a 15 second cooldown. Blast from pet swap is already availble with Clarion Bond.

>

> As for Loud Whistle, it should work in beastmode. As in, the 10 % when above 90 % health. I think a blast finisher should go to the blind or taunt on F2 traits, if any.

I didn't even think of the F2 activation for this, that's perfect. It would also synergize really well with Soulbeast merging. I'd say taunt trait, just to be decisive, and to add some competition to Zephyrs Speed.

> @"Eurantien.4632" said:

> SoR range should be increased... not to 1500 but to at least 900, maybe 1000, would be fair and an extreme quality of life upgrade.

I fail to see the reason why this skill shouldn't be leash range if we're talking about the ranger only (as for removing condies from allies within that range, that would be to OP obviously).

Make it leash range for the ranger, and keep it at 600 for allies.

> @"OGDeadHead.8326" said:

> > @"Eurantien.4632" said:

> > SoR range should be increased... not to 1500 but to at least 900, maybe 1000, would be fair and an extreme quality of life upgrade.

>

> I fail to see the reason why this skill shouldn't be leash range if we're talking about the ranger only (as for removing condies from allies within that range, that would be to OP obviously).

> Make it leash range for the ranger, and keep it at 600 for allies.

>

>

You're totally right. In fact, I was even a huge advocate for your suggestion, I had just forgotten about that possibility. SoR should always cleanse the ranger and should only cleanse allies within range of the pet.

> @"StickerHappy.8052" said:

> Poison master? <---- this is so weak on top of being awkwardly placed on a GM spot which competes with 2 condition removal ones

> Refined toxins?

> Tail wind? <---- I feel like this should be merged with the fury one?

> Hidden barbs and Sharpened edges needs to be merged as well?

>

> Any feedback guys?

Poisonmaster should work similarly like deathly chill.

Apply poison when you apply cripple.

This would open up so many hybrid build varieties and effectiveness against healing oponents.

Increased poison dmg could be put on refined toxins.

Hidden barbs should get the sharpened edges effect in addition to its current effect and sharpened edges should work like it did before the specialization update. When you hit an enemy under 75% health activate lesser sharpening stone. Next 5 attacks would give bleed and it has half the CD normal SS would have. Both buffs would not stack so you could have both of them active.

The weaponswap traits would be nice if they get merged.

A nice replacement would be: Get evade frame after weaponswap or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...

Ain't really slight, but I'll keep suggesting the same Opening Strike applying to GMs so Marksmasnship can be better.

* **Precise Strike** moved from Grandmaster minor to Master minor.

* **New Grandmaster minor** that refreshes Opening Strike on you and your Pet when you apply Fury to yourself or kill a foe.

* **Predator's Onslaught** additionally makes Opening Strikes inflict 2s of Cripple.

* **Remorseless** additionally grants 5 Might (5s) when Opening Strike deals damage. Refresh on Fury removed due to GM minor upgrade.

* **Lead the Wind** additionally refreshes Opening Strike on you and your Pet when you gain Stealth.

> @"Wondrouswall.7169" said:

> Ain't really slight, but I'll keep suggesting the same Opening Strike applying to GMs so Marksmasnship can be better.

>

> * **Precise Strike** moved from Grandmaster minor to Master minor.

> * **New Grandmaster minor** that refreshes Opening Strike on you and your Pet when you apply Fury to yourself or kill a foe.

> * **Predator's Onslaught** additionally makes Opening Strikes inflict 2s of Cripple.

> * **Remorseless** additionally grants 5 Might (5s) when Opening Strike deals damage. Refresh on Fury removed due to GM minor upgrade.

> * **Lead the Wind** additionally refreshes Opening Strike on you and your Pet when you gain Stealth.

Dude if they could just make MM minors useful. It's gotta be the dumbest designed traitline, that and skirmishings swiftness on wepaon swap.

> @"jcbroe.4329" said:

> Alright, so it's been awhile since I've made a thread like this because ultimately I feel it amounts to nothing constructive, but with the direction the game has been heading and with no signs that we'll return to a more toned down, reasonable setting, I wanted to introduce some ideas to address a few mostly QoL improvements.

>

> * Wilderness Knowledge: extend the condition removal to also apply to the pet

> * Invigorating Bond: added effect, removes 2 condis. Radius extended to 600.

> * Instinctive Reaction: remove the Quickness effect. New added effect; when you apply regen to a target (self/pet included), remove a condition from them as well.

> * ~~Brutish Seals: changed the fury application to Resistance, also applied to pet, at a lower duration.~~

> * Striders Defense: changed. You and your pet gain Resistance whenever you gain fury.

> * ~~Zephyrs Speed: added effect, swapping a pet performs a blast finisher at your location~~

> * Beastly Warden: added effect blast finisher effect

> * Offhand Dagger: change both skills to use the ammo system

> * warhorn: remove single target from 4, make it AoE

> * Lb1: remove lowest range tier of damage scaling, leave the second 2.

> * Lb3: remove the shot, this skill is now just a stealth and pet swiftness

> * GS2: added effect; blast finisher

> * Lightning Reflexes: remove all debilitating conditions, not just immobilize

> * Signet of Renewal: extended range to 1500

> * Druidic Clarity: also affects pet

> * Lingering Light: reworked. This now drops a seed of light at targets location on hit, with ICD. Seed of Light detonation is now a blast finisher (blasts itself by default).

> * ~~Verdant Etching: added effect, activating a glyph also performs a blast finisher.~~

> * Primal Echos change: removed daze. Now casts lesser glyph of equality(same effect minus stunbreak) on weapon swap, 9s ICD.

> * Natural Mender: added effect, grant yourself stability when you hard CC an enemy.

>

> Edit: I'll be striking out old ideas and updating and adding items as the conversation progresses.

>

> Now I'm not saying all of these should be put together, but they are all some concepts I think would add some more depth or quality to the gameplay experience.

>

> Anyhow, thoughts/feelings?

>

> Edit: I've got nothing for Soulbeast. I have no desire to play it until it "feels good to play" mechanically for me, and I've suggested numerous times in numerous locations how to achieve that.

Nice suggestions. But seems heavily focus on condition cleansing? I would like the following change for more offense builds.

Brutish Seals - activating a signet grants fury. For 3 seconds your attacks ignore your enemies defense.

Strider's Defense - When you evade an attack while wielding a sword, gain resistance. Sword recharge faster and deals 5% more damage.

Signet of Renewal - YES please. Geesus.

SPIRITS - PLEASE change range to 3600 ANET PLEASE. Fuck sakes man. Let us be our old GUILD WARS 1 RANGER, were not even close to being a full ranger compared to GW1.

Sharpened Edges - Increase chance to 50%. Does 2 stacks of bleeding for 3 seconds.

LIGHTNING REFLEXES - REMOVE ALL DEBILITATING CONDITIONS. ATTACK 50% FASTER FOR 6 SECONDS. PLEASE ANET. FUCK.

INSTINCTIVE REACTION - Gain RESISTANCE when your health drops below the threshold. Lets admit it we all need that resistance when we get burst by CANCERMANCER.

INVIGORATING BOND- God i hate this GM trait not even worth it. Change to Beast abilities grant resistance to allies for 3s. Protection for 3s. Regeneration for 3s. Gain healing power based on your vitality.

POISON MASTER - YOUR ATTACKS INFLICT POISON (5s); your poison damage is increased. ALL ATTACKS NO COOLDOWN.

AND please change Marksmanship all minor lines are utter shit. Who designed this crap, cripple on opening strike warrior comes in charging there goes cripple doesnt even do anything. Thief can just shadow step, the point is everyone has high mobility. Give us more damage that resonates with our skills or weapons on this traitline