Mac Client crash on start

Hello!

It's been impossible to start mac client lately. " Coherent host crashed.

A serious error has occurred that prevented the application from continuing. A report has been sent to ArenaNet to help determine the cause." I really hope you guys are getting those reports because i've sent a dozen every couple of days and still here it is, unable to start. i am using old client, because 64 is way too laggy for me.

I'm afraid they don't support the 32-bit any more, something about no longer having the license for the shell it was based on.

I had the same problem, caved in an upgraded to 64-bit after someone told me that the game runs better if you install it on a solid-state drive instead of the regular HD. It does work a lot better than it did, it went from totally unplayable to just desperately laggy in crowd scenes and mildly sputtery at other times. And for some reason it lets the CPU freely interrupt the game with notices to upgrade DivX or log into iCloud or whatever. And Mac Os seems to have a weird issue with sold state external drives, I have to make sure to eject the drive right after playing. If it sits idle for even a few minutes, some part of the Os starts accessing it (I already blocked it from Spotlight, did not fix the problem) and then I can't use it or eject it normally.

On the bright side, it hardly ever crashes like the 32-bit did so frequently. Map loading times are much shorter with the SS drive. Low-populated areas like fractals and story instances play as well as ever, and most areas play okay unless there is a large number of players present. (Metas will be a pain.)

I still miss the smoother playability of the 32-bit, though.

And it's ridiculous if Anet expects new players to come to this game and immediately run out and buy an extra piece of hardware to make their game run properly. I suppose the Mac population is doomed to dwindle to the point where they don't bother to support it at all any more, unless they get moving and fix it.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> And it's ridiculous if Anet expects new players to come to this game and immediately run out and buy an extra piece of hardware to make their game run properly. I suppose the Mac population is doomed to dwindle to the point where they don't bother to support it at all any more, unless they get moving and fix it.

Give it time - things are absolutely improving and I'm much more optimistic about the state of the Mac client than I've ever been. It's not perfect, but the performance has absolutely been improving over time and I'm sure it will only get better.

Keep in mind as well that all MacBooks now ship with SSDs as standard and I wouldn't be surprised if the next generation iMacs have them as well. In fact, I'd recommend them to anyone just because of how much they improve a Mac's performance in general.

> @"HippieJoel.9537" said:

> > @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> > And it's ridiculous if Anet expects new players to come to this game and immediately run out and buy an extra piece of hardware to make their game run properly. I suppose the Mac population is doomed to dwindle to the point where they don't bother to support it at all any more, unless they get moving and fix it.

>

> Give it time - things are absolutely improving and I'm much more optimistic about the state of the Mac client than I've ever been. It's not perfect, but the performance has absolutely been improving over time and I'm sure it will only get better.

>

> Keep in mind as well that all MacBooks now ship with SSDs as standard and I wouldn't be surprised if the next generation iMacs have them as well. In fact, I'd recommend them to anyone just because of how much they improve a Mac's performance in general.

Hope you're right.