[SPVP]Druid or Soulbeast for countering Scourges?

WilnerGW.3275

You can play either, as long you're mindful of what role your build performs and what role your teammates are expecting out of you (aka if they expect you to be playing as a bunker druid and you're not playing like one, you'll either get raged at or your team will play poorly around your build because they're under the assumption you're a Druid).

So the real question isn't which build is better at dealing with Scourges, because in a 1v1 style scenario you're going to have to sacrifice the point regardless of the build. The question is, which build can you deal with Scourge as well as every other common class on?

Only you can really answer that question.

Personally, just as I know some of the high level guys have lots of success with Soulbeast, others of us have just taken the Bunker Druid build I'm certain you're familiar with, and swapped out the staff for LB. The only matchup that gets a tad harder is Mirage, which you can still stalemate regardless, but you gain the ability to push into fights with offensive pressure and play a decap oriented build that can actually +1 as more than just a bunker and make most classes in the metagame sacrifice the point to stay alive.

But again, whatever you're better at, I know an even amount of people performing well on both setups and in both regions.

> @"Aomine.5012" said:

> Best spec to counter Scourge atm is actually P/P deadeye.

>

> 2nd best being Mirage in 1 v 1 situation.

>

> 3rd best probably goes to spellbreaker because of that sustain and anti-condi.

>

> Ranger is NOT the one cuz the range damage is not enough to melt down scourge.

That is simply not true, a well built soulbeast power built can melt a scourge faster then a p/p thief can and from a safe range. The Thief stand no chance if the scourge forcus fire them, since they are stuck at 900 yard range

I feel it's a good combo. Although I feel that the animation for great sword is way to easy to read. you have other classes that can instantly kill you when going up against them. Great sword auto attack animation should be slightly sped up in my opinion. I'm talking WvW situations specifically. In pvp I seem to be just fine cause normally you get to hit something in group settings. As apposed to 1vs 1 that you find constantly in WvW. So bottom line I think greatsword auto att should have a speed buff cause it feels pretty slow at times. Some other skills like gs2 as well but that's understandable as it deals a great deal of damage if landed. That's my two cents on greatsword. As for longbow I feel the auto attack should just have a flat damage instead of what it does now cause it's not very optimal and most classes can get up in your face and stay there for the duration of the fight pretty easily. You'll never get its full potential damage which sucks. Kinda like rev hammer2. So really to sum it up in my opinion if they fixed GS and LB auto attacks slightly it would be better optimized than what they are now.

> @"Vanthony.4019" said:

> I feel it's a good combo. Although I feel that the animation for great sword is way to easy to read. you have other classes that can instantly kill you when going up against them. Great sword auto attack animation should be slightly sped up in my opinion. I'm talking WvW situations specifically. In pvp I seem to be just fine cause normally you get to hit something in group settings. As apposed to 1vs 1 that you find constantly in WvW. So bottom line I think greatsword auto att should have a speed buff cause it feels pretty slow at times. Some other skills like gs2 as well but that's understandable as it deals a great deal of damage if landed. That's my two cents on greatsword. As for longbow I feel the auto attack should just have a flat damage instead of what it does now cause it's not very optimal and most classes can get up in your face and stay there for the duration of the fight pretty easily. You'll never get its full potential damage which sucks. Kinda like rev hammer2. So really to sum it up in my opinion if they fixed GS and LB auto attacks slightly it would be better optimized than what they are now.

huh? Did you post this on the wrong thread?

Rangers are one of the better options for countering necromancers.

Soulbeasts are one of the better options for countering scourges.

Range is rarely a difference maker in a game where most people have counter ranged options, projectile reflectors and/or teleports -- but against all necromancers rangers can legitimately kite them for days like they can against no other profession.

~ Kovu

I never play Soulbeast, but I can imagine that Soulbeast is a little better at countering scourges than Druid, as soulbeast has more damage. However, Soulbeast will get disadvantages versus most other classes, so you can wonder whether its worth that tradeoff. I'd personally pick lb/staff druid to handle scourges while being useful on the rest of the map as well.