Soulbeast swap pet solution

LughLongArm.5460

While many rangers already adjusted playing with the current soul beast mechanic and even enjoy the spec, it's still cannot be denied that the current mechanism is very clunky and doesn't fulfill the spec goals as they were described by the developers and also as a result, limiting soulbeast's build options.

-Developers wished soulbeat to use various pets from various "family types" to function as "stances" - choosing the 2 right "stances" for your build and changing between the two when needed. The current state limits defensive states as they are unreliable, when you are in a pinch, you don't have ~15 sec to until you will be able to get your defensive "state". This is why most soulbeat won' even bother with it, they will just take the main offensive "stance" for their build and stick with it ~90% of the time. the "backup" stance will be of the same type to maintain consistency(no dmg dealer will want to be stack on a defensive "stance" for almost 30 sec, until he can go back to his native offensive "stance".

-Developers wished beastmode to a rotational state, incentivising soulbeasts to go in and out of beast mode. PVE top dps rotations based on staying in beastmode with one pet which is playing with 1/4 of the full supposedly designed rotation.(Its if they designed a class which gets the highest dps by using only 2-3 wepaon skills out 5 optional without ever swapping to sec weapon). Pvp players struggle to utilize the "stance" swapping and mostly don't bother with it(play druids or going long range glass cannon bulds that don't relay much on "stance" swapping and rotation efficiency).

My solution - I already suggested some ideas in the past and I also looked over several ideas which were suggested by others, some felt clunky some OP other haven't fulfill the spec development goals . I think that the "cookie cutter" solution is to make the F4 ability in beastmode a "soul swap" which functions exactly like a pet swap(only in beast mode) and can be activated only ONE TIME, per beastmode activation. "soul swap" doesn't share any kind of ICD with pet swap(same for the related traits). This will give soulbeast beast a consistent acceptability for 2 "stances" and the option to go smooth full rotation{ranger+pet(x)->souleast with soul(x)->soulbeast with soul(y)->ranger with pet(y)} it will also will give beast mode access to all the "pet swap traits", which are kinda dead for soulbeasts ATM . Making "soul swap" a single activation, will incentivise soulbeats to go in and out of beastmode and swap pets but in a much more organic way.

Soulbeat got many other issues that should be addressed but I think that this is the main one.

Let me know what you think.

I agree and i think being able to swap pets in beastmode doesnt necessarily make soulbeast op. Give it 10 seconds cooldown after swapping pets. But if you swap pets in beastmode like says below the X health threshold make the cooldown thrice as long or same as the swapping pets when one of your pets dies. That's just my version though.

Well the one time activation will produce more clunkyness. People will still crave for the normal petswap in beastmode.

Main Problem with Beastmode is the poor accesability to petswap traits and that you just do more dmg inside Beastmode than outside because of the bonus stats. This is especially true for condition builds.

**My suggestion is:**

Going into and outside beastmode accounts as a petswap so you can activate traits with it and create bursty rotations.

You can swap inside beastmode but it will be on CD when you enter beastmode and it will have the same CD duration as petswapping.

While your outside beastmode you and your pet (the last you merged with) still have the stat bonusses until you merge again.

Petswapping resets the CD of Beastmode but does no longer activate corresponding traits.

Skills in beastmode have their indipendent CD per pet. So you can have 2 spiders for example and swap between them and the same skills do not share a CD.

This would delete any ICD problems with petswap traits. it will motivate to go into beastmode but also without punishing the player when leaving and even gives rewards for swapping pets so you can utilize the Beastmode again. Fighting with your pet wiill be more sustained dmg output and fighting inside beastmode will give you acces to the utility and the burst of the pet. So you can dance in and out of certain playstyles.

> @"ardhikaizecson.3697" said:

> I agree and i think being able to swap pets in beastmode doesnt necessarily make soulbeast op. Give it 10 seconds cooldown after swapping pets. But if you swap pets in beastmode like says below the X health threshold make the cooldown thrice as long or same as the swapping pets when one of your pets dies. That's just my version though.

Not sure I understood the feedback. You think swap pets should be activated normally while in beastmode? If that's the case, swap pets already got a CD of 20 sec(16 while traited). This option been discussed before, developers mentioned besatmode is not something that should be camped so I dont think it's going to happen, thus my solution.

Regarding the " X health threshold", not sure waht you ment, but my suggested rotation is much quicker and more fluent compared to what we have now.

full rotation Now is:

{ranger+pet(x)->going beastmode soul(x)->ranger +pet(x)-> swapping ranger+pet(y), (20 sec icd)->10 sec beastmode CD-> beastmode soul(y)-> ranger+pet(y)->swapping ranger+pet(x)(if pet swap ICD is over by now)->10 sec beastmode CD->beastmode soul(x)}

My suggested full rotation is:

ranger+pet(x)->beastmode soul(x)->beastmode soul(y)->ranger with pet(y)->swapping ranger+pet(x),(20 sec icd)->10 sec beastmode CD->beastmode soul(x)

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> Well the one time activation will produce more clunkyness. People will still crave for the normal petswap in beastmode.

> Main Problem with Beastmode is the poor accesability to petswap traits and that you just do more dmg inside Beastmode than outside because of the bonus stats. This is especially true for condition builds.

>

> **My suggestion is:**

> Going into and outside beastmode accounts as a petswap so you can activate traits with it and create bursty rotations.

> You can swap inside beastmode but it will be on CD when you enter beastmode and it will have the same CD duration as petswapping.

> While your outside beastmode you and your pet (the last you merged with) still have the stat bonusses until you merge again.

> Petswapping resets the CD of Beastmode but does no longer activate corresponding traits.

> Skills in beastmode have their indipendent CD per pet. So you can have 2 spiders for example and swap between them and the same skills do not share a CD.

>

> This would delete any ICD problems with petswap traits. it will motivate to go into beastmode but also without punishing the player when leaving and even gives rewards for swapping pets so you can utilize the Beastmode again. Fighting with your pet wiill be more sustained dmg output and fighting inside beastmode will give you acces to the utility and the burst of the pet. So you can dance in and out of certain playstyles.

Please clarify how it will be produce " more clunkyness"? the suggested rotation is very logical and fluent.

I think that the problem with your solution is- 1)power creeping 2) accessibility

power creeping- you are adding to this narrow problem of pet swapping things like boon sharings, reset of beastmode CD, CD of beastmode abilities AND free swapping in beastmode? - just feels too complicated and far away from what we have now. I'm trying to be realistic....

accessibility - Because pet swapping your main CD mechanism it will limit accessibility and will not improve flow nor create orgenic rotation. For example, you swap pet(y) to pet(x)-pet swap 20 sec icd - you go beastmode soul(x),(no pet swap bonuses cus traits are on CD), you under heavy pressure but you can't swap soul cus pet swap in on CD->you wait the rest of ICD-> swap to soul(y)-pet swap 20 sec icd until you can change to pet(x). It doesn't improve the accessibility of your second stance in many cases and it hard to keep up with the pet swap traits(icd) cus you cannot be sure when it will activated(when you go beastmode or when you swap souls or when you swap pets etc..)

I must say I feel like you make things overly complicated?

Allow swapping pets inside of beastmode just like you can when outside of BM, global shared cooldown just the same. Don't trigger pet swapping mechanics by going in/out of BM, leave the acutal BM swapping mechanic unique.

Neat, simple and by no means overpowered.

> @"OGDeadHead.8326" said:

> I must say I feel like you make things overly complicated?

>

> Allow swapping pets inside of beastmode just like you can when outside of BM, global shared cooldown just the same. Don't trigger pet swapping mechanics by going in/out of BM, leave the acutal BM swapping mechanic unique.

>

> Neat, simple and by no means overpowered.

It's the camp beastmode solution, I don't think it will ever happen.

> @"LughLongArm.5460" said:

> It's the camp beastmode solution, I don't think it will ever happen.

If camping beastmode is always better than having your pet out, things needs to be balanced from that aspect imho. Personally I still find good use of my pets, so I don't camp beastmode, but even if I did, I don't see anything wrong with that.

As for if it will happen, I won't speculate about that.

> > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > Well the one time activation will produce more clunkyness. People will still crave for the normal petswap in beastmode.

> > Main Problem with Beastmode is the poor accesability to petswap traits and that you just do more dmg inside Beastmode than outside because of the bonus stats. This is especially true for condition builds.

> >

> > **My suggestion is:**

> > Going into and outside beastmode accounts as a petswap so you can activate traits with it and create bursty rotations.

> > You can swap inside beastmode but it will be on CD when you enter beastmode and it will have the same CD duration as petswapping.

> > While your outside beastmode you and your pet (the last you merged with) still have the stat bonusses until you merge again.

> > Petswapping resets the CD of Beastmode but does no longer activate corresponding traits.

> > Skills in beastmode have their indipendent CD per pet. So you can have 2 spiders for example and swap between them and the same skills do not share a CD.

> >

> > This would delete any ICD problems with petswap traits. it will motivate to go into beastmode but also without punishing the player when leaving and even gives rewards for swapping pets so you can utilize the Beastmode again. Fighting with your pet wiill be more sustained dmg output and fighting inside beastmode will give you acces to the utility and the burst of the pet. So you can dance in and out of certain playstyles.

>

> Please clarify how it will be produce " more clunkyness"? the suggested rotation is very logical and fluent.

> I think that the problem with your solution is- 1)power creeping 2) accessibility

>

> power creeping- you are adding to this narrow problem of pet swapping things like boon sharings, reset of beastmode CD, CD of beastmode abilities AND free swapping in beastmode? - just feels too complicated and far away from what we have now. I'm trying to be realistic....

>

> accessibility - Because pet swapping your main CD mechanism it will limit accessibility and will not improve flow nor create orgenic rotation. For example, you swap pet(y) to pet(x)-pet swap 20 sec icd - you go beastmode soul(x),(no pet swap bonuses cus traits are on CD), you under heavy pressure but you can't swap soul cus pet swap in on CD->you wait the rest of ICD-> swap to soul(y)-pet swap 20 sec icd until you can change to pet(x). It doesn't improve the accessibility of your second stance in many cases and it hard to keep up with the pet swap traits(icd) cus you cannot be sure when it will activated(when you go beastmode or when you swap souls or when you swap pets etc..)

The clunkyness is produce due to the one time swapping mechanic. It will restrict reswapping and ppl will moan about it.

You misunderstood my suggsetion at one part but i get your point why it is a little bit convoluted.

First: Your first part why my suggestion wont work (that traits will go on CD after petswap) is not true because in my suggestion normal petswap will not trigger traits.

Second: The reset CD on petswap could mess with the ICD on traits which is a fair point.

Third: The reason why i said swapping should be on CD when entering beastmode is for balance reasons, so you do not just rush through all abbilities and instant swap after 6s.

**My corrections to improve my suggestion:**

Swapping pets in beastmode is possible and triggers corresponding traits.

Swapping outside does this aswell.

Both share the same CD for balancing reasons.

You and your pet keep the statboost after unmerging until you merge again.

I simplified the idea and left the entering-leaving Bmode suggestion away because soulbeast traits should account for that.

I still keep the shared CD suggestion for soul and normal swapping because using a certain pet for a certain situation is a tactical choice. Soulswap CD will now match the same global CD as petswap, so if you would have for example 5s left on petswap when enter Bmode soulswpa will have 5s left.

I still keep the stat boost suggestion, because this is the main reason why ppl camp beastmode. This way ppl actually do more dmg outside beastmode but have less control over it and because petskills and beastmode skills have different CD it would be beneficial to regurarly swap in and out.

I hope it is more clear this time.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"LughLongArm.5460" said:

> > > @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > > Well the one time activation will produce more clunkyness. People will still crave for the normal petswap in beastmode.

> > > Main Problem with Beastmode is the poor accesability to petswap traits and that you just do more dmg inside Beastmode than outside because of the bonus stats. This is especially true for condition builds.

> > >

> > > **My suggestion is:**

> > > Going into and outside beastmode accounts as a petswap so you can activate traits with it and create bursty rotations.

> > > You can swap inside beastmode but it will be on CD when you enter beastmode and it will have the same CD duration as petswapping.

> > > While your outside beastmode you and your pet (the last you merged with) still have the stat bonusses until you merge again.

> > > Petswapping resets the CD of Beastmode but does no longer activate corresponding traits.

> > > Skills in beastmode have their indipendent CD per pet. So you can have 2 spiders for example and swap between them and the same skills do not share a CD.

> > >

> > > This would delete any ICD problems with petswap traits. it will motivate to go into beastmode but also without punishing the player when leaving and even gives rewards for swapping pets so you can utilize the Beastmode again. Fighting with your pet wiill be more sustained dmg output and fighting inside beastmode will give you acces to the utility and the burst of the pet. So you can dance in and out of certain playstyles.

> >

> > Please clarify how it will be produce " more clunkyness"? the suggested rotation is very logical and fluent.

> > I think that the problem with your solution is- 1)power creeping 2) accessibility

> >

> > power creeping- you are adding to this narrow problem of pet swapping things like boon sharings, reset of beastmode CD, CD of beastmode abilities AND free swapping in beastmode? - just feels too complicated and far away from what we have now. I'm trying to be realistic....

> >

> > accessibility - Because pet swapping your main CD mechanism it will limit accessibility and will not improve flow nor create orgenic rotation. For example, you swap pet(y) to pet(x)-pet swap 20 sec icd - you go beastmode soul(x),(no pet swap bonuses cus traits are on CD), you under heavy pressure but you can't swap soul cus pet swap in on CD->you wait the rest of ICD-> swap to soul(y)-pet swap 20 sec icd until you can change to pet(x). It doesn't improve the accessibility of your second stance in many cases and it hard to keep up with the pet swap traits(icd) cus you cannot be sure when it will activated(when you go beastmode or when you swap souls or when you swap pets etc..)

>

> The clunkyness is produce due to the one time swapping mechanic. It will restrict reswapping and ppl will moan about it.

>

> You misunderstood my suggsetion at one part but i get your point why it is a little bit convoluted.

>

> First: Your first part why my suggestion wont work (that traits will go on CD after petswap) is not true because in my suggestion normal petswap will not trigger traits.

>

> Second: The reset CD on petswap could mess with the ICD on traits which is a fair point.

>

> Third: The reason why i said swapping should be on CD when entering beastmode is for balance reasons, so you do not just rush through all abbilities and instant swap after 6s.

>

>

> **My corrections to improve my suggestion:**

>

> Swapping pets in beastmode is possible and triggers corresponding traits.

> Swapping outside does this aswell.

> Both share the same CD for balancing reasons.

> You and your pet keep the statboost after unmerging until you merge again.

>

> I simplified the idea and left the entering-leaving Bmode suggestion away because soulbeast traits should account for that.

> I still keep the shared CD suggestion for soul and normal swapping because using a certain pet for a certain situation is a tactical choice. Soulswap CD will now match the same global CD as petswap, so if you would have for example 5s left on petswap when enter Bmode soulswpa will have 5s left.

> I still keep the stat boost suggestion, because this is the main reason why ppl camp beastmode. This way ppl actually do more dmg outside beastmode but have less control over it and because petskills and beastmode skills have different CD it would be beneficial to regurarly swap in and out.

>

> I hope it is more clear this time.

What about traits like "unstoppable union"?

> What about traits like "unstoppable union"?

Soulswapping will not trigger these kinda traits. So you will still benefit using them for leaving/entering Bmode.

All of them should work in both directions IMO to keep it consistent maybe have slightly different effects depending on leaving or entering.

> My solution - I already suggested some ideas in the past and I also looked over several ideas which were suggested by others, some felt clunky some OP other haven't fulfill the spec development goals . I think that the "cookie cutter" solution is to make the F4 ability in beastmode a "soul swap" which functions exactly like a pet swap(only in beast mode) and can be activated only ONE TIME, per beastmode activation. "soul swap" doesn't share any kind of ICD with pet swap(same for the related traits). This will give soulbeast beast a consistent acceptability for 2 "stances" and the option to go smooth full rotation{ranger+pet(x)->souleast with soul(x)->soulbeast with soul(y)->ranger with pet(y)} it will also will give beast mode access to all the "pet swap traits", which are kinda dead for soulbeasts ATM . Making "soul swap" a single activation, will incentivise soulbeats to go in and out of beastmode and swap pets but in a much more organic way.

This will make the spec more fluid to play. Great idea.

I went and bought this expansion. Even tho i new that it was a mistake. Only to find out the same problems that made me drop this game in the first time. Devs that dont speak with the community. Other games out there have great communication with the playerbase, thats how they keep people playing their game. Pet swapping in beastmode was a major issue in the new elite class since day one. I dont know, maybe its just me but i check from times to times to see if theres an update on that.. Nothing, devs just read our comments i geuss, and they have something in their minds but ok, we should wait for some reason... I cant imagine such issues exist in other games and not constantly updating the progress they make. Gw2 still enjoys the success launch, they still have the luxury to make people wait. But not for long, this game is slowly dying

> My solution - I already suggested some ideas in the past and I also looked over several ideas which were suggested by others, some felt clunky some OP other haven't fulfill the spec development goals . I think that the "cookie cutter" solution is to make the F4 ability in beastmode a "soul swap" which functions exactly like a pet swap(only in beast mode) and can be activated only ONE TIME, per beastmode activation. "soul swap" doesn't share any kind of ICD with pet swap(same for the related traits). This will give soulbeast beast a consistent acceptability for 2 "stances" and the option to go smooth full rotation{ranger+pet(x)->souleast with soul(x)->soulbeast with soul(y)->ranger with pet(y)} it will also will give beast mode access to all the "pet swap traits", which are kinda dead for soulbeasts ATM . Making "soul swap" a single activation, will incentivise soulbeats to go in and out of beastmode and swap pets but in a much more organic way.

> Let me know what you think.

Great idea, I like it.

You're way too hung up with the "dance in and out" statement of the devs. Perhaps the devs should communicate with us about how they feel about the current state of soulbeast instead of just leaving us something as vague as that. Do they want us to use it as a short "buff/burst/whatever" in pvp while basically just staying permamerged while raiding in pve, or what? Seems like it.

As for the idea; it doesn't solve the overarching problems, it solves **one** of the problems by giving me the option to once swap into offensive/defensive pets while already merged. Which is better than nothing, but I don't want half-done stuff. The matter of fact is, pet swap has cooldowns, petswap traits have cooldowns, beastmode abilities have cooldowns. The "OPness" of just giving petswap (soulswap is a better name for it, I will give you that) is already regulated, and can be tweaked.

Your argument of petswap in beastmode being the "permamerged" solution is only true in the one gamemode where permamerged already is a thing, PvE. Why on earth is this still an argument? I'd bet the reason petswap isn't a thing is that they can't make it work (or didn't have the time to make it work, or didn't feel the need for it to exist back then before players got their hands on it), not because they care about permamerged soulbeasts. I actually don't think they mind that one of the ranger's elite specs allow that kind of playstyle (I mean, it already does, remind me why this argument isn't dead already?).

> @"Lazze.9870" said:

> You're way too hung up with the "dance in and out" statement of the devs. Perhaps the devs should communicate with us about how they feel about the current state of soulbeast instead of just leaving us something as vague as that. Do they want us to use it as a short "buff/burst/whatever" in pvp while basically just staying permamerged while raiding in pve, or what? Seems like it.

>

> As for the idea; it doesn't solve the overarching problems, it solves **one** of the problems by giving me the option to once swap into offensive/defensive pets while already merged. Which is better than nothing, but I don't want half-done stuff. The matter of fact is, pet swap has cooldowns, petswap traits have cooldowns, beastmode abilities have cooldowns. The "OPness" of just giving petswap (soulswap is a better name for it, I will give you that) is already regulated, and can be tweaked.

>

> Your argument of petswap in beastmode being the "permamerged" solution is only true in the one gamemode where permamerged already is a thing, PvE. Why on earth is this still an argument? I'd bet the reason petswap isn't a thing is that they can't make it work (or didn't have the time to make it work, or didn't feel the need for it to exist back then before players got their hands on it), not because they care about permamerged soulbeasts. I actually don't think they mind that one of the ranger's elite specs allow that kind of playstyle (I mean, it already does, remind me why this argument isn't dead already?).

The dance in and out aspect was stated to be a thing from irenio himself.

Things to emphasize to swap in and out of Bmode would be healthy for the E-spec IMO and more flexability in Bmode is a must.

With improving Sbeast Traits that give buffs depending on swapping in and out and let the player keep the stat bonusses when unmerged (could be only for a limited time idk) would atleast for open PvE or fractals a more active playstyle.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> The dance in and out aspect was stated to be a thing from irenio himself.

> Things to emphasize to swap in and out of Bmode would be healthy for the E-spec IMO and more flexability in Bmode is a must.

>

> With improving Sbeast Traits that give buffs depending on swapping in and out and let the player keep the stat bonusses when unmerged (could be only for a limited time idk) would atleast for open PvE or fractals a more active playstyle.

Irenio said he hopes people do it and not just camp in Beastmode, he never said that you weren't supposed to just camp it. He was right not to tell players what they can and cannot do (within the uses of a classes mechanics). The moment devs tell players that they're not allowed to play a certain way, they lose what makes MMOs great, choice.

Besides, people camp it already. In some situations it's the only viable way to use Soulbeast (zerging in WvW with an active pet is not great) and having the swap in Beastmode would just make things more fluid and convenient.

Keeping stat increases and lowering the Beastmode cooldown would be an acceptable compromise, though I'd still prefer the Beastmode petswap so I can decide on the fly whether I need to use my pet or if I really just need another merged skill.

Note: I'm usually talking from a WvW perspective where the enemies aren't static (PvE) or trying to defend a small circle (sPvP) so pets can be somewhat useless in fights since the targets usually run, jump and teleports out of their attack range. So unless you have an enemy right on you, you're usually better off merging for the extra damage. Not always, but often enough.

> @"InsaneQR.7412" said:

> > @"Lazze.9870" said:

> > You're way too hung up with the "dance in and out" statement of the devs. Perhaps the devs should communicate with us about how they feel about the current state of soulbeast instead of just leaving us something as vague as that. Do they want us to use it as a short "buff/burst/whatever" in pvp while basically just staying permamerged while raiding in pve, or what? Seems like it.

> >

> > As for the idea; it doesn't solve the overarching problems, it solves **one** of the problems by giving me the option to once swap into offensive/defensive pets while already merged. Which is better than nothing, but I don't want half-done stuff. The matter of fact is, pet swap has cooldowns, petswap traits have cooldowns, beastmode abilities have cooldowns. The "OPness" of just giving petswap (soulswap is a better name for it, I will give you that) is already regulated, and can be tweaked.

> >

> > Your argument of petswap in beastmode being the "permamerged" solution is only true in the one gamemode where permamerged already is a thing, PvE. Why on earth is this still an argument? I'd bet the reason petswap isn't a thing is that they can't make it work (or didn't have the time to make it work, or didn't feel the need for it to exist back then before players got their hands on it), not because they care about permamerged soulbeasts. I actually don't think they mind that one of the ranger's elite specs allow that kind of playstyle (I mean, it already does, remind me why this argument isn't dead already?).

>

> The dance in and out aspect was stated to be a thing from irenio himself.

> Things to emphasize to swap in and out of Bmode would be healthy for the E-spec IMO and more flexability in Bmode is a must.

>

> With improving Sbeast Traits that give buffs depending on swapping in and out and let the player keep the stat bonusses when unmerged (could be only for a limited time idk) would atleast for open PvE or fractals a more active playstyle.

Who cares? Why is it so hard to just accept the simplest and best solution to this spec is a straight up petswap in beastmode? All these other suggestions are frankly just bandaids. I NEVER said there shouldn't be incentives to swap in and out, there already are, I literally do it all the time in PvP and I would continue doing it with a "soulswap". Two of the adept traits even demands it.

The one doesn't exclude the other. Stop arguing about things that don't matter.

And as far as PvE goes, condi is go-to for rangers in PvE, condition damage caused by pets that are swapped out or merged equals to one with 0 conidtion damage. This "dance" doesn't work until Anet puts some effort into the pets.

> @"Lazze.9870" said:

> Who cares? Why is it so hard to just accept the simplest and best solution to this spec is a straight up petswap in beastmode? All these other suggestions are frankly just bandaids.

>

> And as far as PvE goes, condi is go-to for rangers in PvE, condition damage caused by pet that are swapped out or merged equals to one with 0 conidtion damage. This "dance" doesn't work until Anet puts some effort into the pets.

Much agree. Straight pet swap with the normal swap cd is the best thing that they can do.

> @"Lazze.9870" said:

> As for the idea; it doesn't solve the overarching problems, it solves **one** of the problems by giving me the option to once swap into offensive/defensive pets while already merged. Which is better than nothing, **but I don't want half-done stuff.** The matter of fact is, pet swap has cooldowns, petswap traits have cooldowns, beastmode abilities have cooldowns. The "OPness" of just giving petswap (soulswap is a better name for it, I will give you that) is already regulated, and can be tweaked.

Agree fully, +1

> Your argument of petswap in beastmode being the "permamerged" solution is only true in the one gamemode where permamerged already is a thing, PvE. Why on earth is this still an argument? **I'd bet the reason petswap isn't a thing is that they can't make it work (or didn't have the time to make it work, or didn't feel the need for it to exist back then before players got their hands on it)**, not because they care about permamerged soulbeasts. I actually don't think they mind that one of the ranger's elite specs allow that kind of playstyle (I mean, it already does, **remind me why this argument isn't dead already?**).

Indeed. We've pushed this argument onto ourselves - why?

Good post. Giving some half-baked "allow ONE swap while merged" is NOT a good mechanic in anyway imho. Better than today, sure, since we can't swap at all, but this 'swap once' idea is not something we should strive for, but rather allow regular swap even while merged.

Drop the OP argument - it's not valid.