Bring back Team Queue and Solo Queue

masterfan.8375

Well, tournamenters are for 5v5 premades ( 4 per day + 1 monthly, which are definitely enough ).

Ranked should be soloq due to low population and wintraders ( but currently they allowed you to cheat till platinum through duoq ).

Those who like to play with a friend should go unranked or gather more friends and try out a tournament.

I hated getting smashed on by 5 man premades so I decided to make a 5 man premade within our guild.... That move got 4 people who didn't play PvP, to play PvP.

We were a WvW roaming guild at that point and team queue was a good place to go when the fights were gone in WvW.

I can understand why people don't want to be smashed on by an organised team, but I can't understand why they would never do anything about it themselves.

(side note: Wasn't the vote only going to be a trial for a season or 2 before polling us again?)

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> I can understand why people don't want to be smashed on by an organised team, but I can't understand why they would never do anything about it themselves.

> (side note: Wasn't the vote only going to be a trial for a season or 2 before polling us again?)

Ooo, because Quaggan want to play when he want to play without organizing team for a single game or just few of them

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > I can understand why people don't want to be smashed on by an organised team, but I can't understand why they would never do anything about it themselves.

> > (side note: Wasn't the vote only going to be a trial for a season or 2 before polling us again?)

>

> Ooo, because Quaggan want to play when he want to play without organizing team for a single game or just few of them

Then you would just play? I did, not all 5 mans were unbeatable. it was like any other round, it would swing either way.

Same thing happens in unranked till this day, me and a friend joined unranked game and was matched against a 5 man premade guild [APEX] and we still won. (probably thanks to our thief by the name of Melusive, he was awsome at decapping and splitting them up, we couldn't win any team fights against them because they were awsome at locking down team fights)

> > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > I can understand why people don't want to be smashed on by an organised team, but I can't understand why they would never do anything about it themselves.

> > > (side note: Wasn't the vote only going to be a trial for a season or 2 before polling us again?)

> >

> > Ooo, because Quaggan want to play when he want to play without organizing team for a single game or just few of them

>

> Then you would just play? I did, not all 5 mans were unbeatable. it was like any other round, it would swing either way.

> Same thing happens in unranked till this day, me and a friend joined unranked game and was matched against a 5 man premade guild [APEX] and we still won.

Issue with premades is how they alternate matchmaking. For example, imagine you get 6 good players in que. In soloQ, they could be 3 in one team and 3 in other, but premades allow to split 5-1, and when those players que again, it's same split again. Then, imagine youre that 1 player who has higher MMR than premade and 4 remaining people have lower, so you're in match to balance average MMR, it was painful to play.

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > I can understand why people don't want to be smashed on by an organised team, but I can't understand why they would never do anything about it themselves.

> > > > (side note: Wasn't the vote only going to be a trial for a season or 2 before polling us again?)

> > >

> > > Ooo, because Quaggan want to play when he want to play without organizing team for a single game or just few of them

> >

> > Then you would just play? I did, not all 5 mans were unbeatable. it was like any other round, it would swing either way.

> > Same thing happens in unranked till this day, me and a friend joined unranked game and was matched against a 5 man premade guild [APEX] and we still won.

>

> Issue with premades is how they alternate matchmaking. For example, imagine you get 6 good players in que. In soloQ, they could be 3 in one team and 3 in other, but premades allow to split 5-1, and when those players que again, it's same split again. Then, imagine youre that 1 player who has higher MMR than premade and 4 remaining people have lower, so you're in match to balance average MMR, it was painful to play.

Then you would add them to your friends list and wait for them to be in round?

simple solutions that anyone could use. I used some back in those times like forming my own groups within our guild.

> > > > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > I can understand why people don't want to be smashed on by an organised team, but I can't understand why they would never do anything about it themselves.

> > > > > (side note: Wasn't the vote only going to be a trial for a season or 2 before polling us again?)

> > > >

> > > > Ooo, because Quaggan want to play when he want to play without organizing team for a single game or just few of them

> > >

> > > Then you would just play? I did, not all 5 mans were unbeatable. it was like any other round, it would swing either way.

> > > Same thing happens in unranked till this day, me and a friend joined unranked game and was matched against a 5 man premade guild [APEX] and we still won.

> >

> > Issue with premades is how they alternate matchmaking. For example, imagine you get 6 good players in que. In soloQ, they could be 3 in one team and 3 in other, but premades allow to split 5-1, and when those players que again, it's same split again. Then, imagine youre that 1 player who has higher MMR than premade and 4 remaining people have lower, so you're in match to balance average MMR, it was painful to play.

>

> Then you would add them to your friends list and wait for them to be in round?

> simple solutions that anyone could use.

So you want Quggan to wait until every good player on EU who possibly could premade be in match to que? Fooooo, that doesn't make any sense.

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > I can understand why people don't want to be smashed on by an organised team, but I can't understand why they would never do anything about it themselves.

> > > > > > (side note: Wasn't the vote only going to be a trial for a season or 2 before polling us again?)

> > > > >

> > > > > Ooo, because Quaggan want to play when he want to play without organizing team for a single game or just few of them

> > > >

> > > > Then you would just play? I did, not all 5 mans were unbeatable. it was like any other round, it would swing either way.

> > > > Same thing happens in unranked till this day, me and a friend joined unranked game and was matched against a 5 man premade guild [APEX] and we still won.

> > >

> > > Issue with premades is how they alternate matchmaking. For example, imagine you get 6 good players in que. In soloQ, they could be 3 in one team and 3 in other, but premades allow to split 5-1, and when those players que again, it's same split again. Then, imagine youre that 1 player who has higher MMR than premade and 4 remaining people have lower, so you're in match to balance average MMR, it was painful to play.

> >

> > Then you would add them to your friends list and wait for them to be in round?

> > simple solutions that anyone could use.

>

> So you want Quggan to wait until every good player on EU who possibly could premade be in match to que? Fooooo, that doesn't make any sense.

If you want to wait for every player who is better than you to already be in game, then that's on you, not on me. I like competition, I like learning from my mistakes and as painful as it was to be up against Vallun/Naru duo, I was able to learn from them and better myself.

Anyway, I don't want to argue with you on why I would like team queue back and defend myself against hyperbolic scenarios but this is why I love Anets Llama trainer in the mists....

![](https://i.imgur.com/EOzw0Wj.png "")

> @"masterfan.8375" said:

> > > @"masterfan.8375" said:

> > > That's not correct. Team Queue population will grow eventually. If you played during the time when there was Team Queue, you would've known that pops didn't take long

> >

> > Ooo, but we had more sPvP players around that day, than today.

> > Team que population would rather drop eventually, because how many times you can get paired with **55 monks** in a row. Quaggan doubts many teams could endure getting stomped over and over.

> >

> > Not that Quaggan has anything against team que as long as its separated from solo que, but as Quaggan pointed out, there aren't probably enough players.

> >

> >

>

> I'll rather play against top teams using TS, than with bunch of non coordinated noobs in solo q.

i fucking agree to this, how else does a team actually get better/learn more ? It's great to and fun to use UNRANK but 90% of the time my team is UNMATCHED and that's because we aren't playing against player around the same level like they are in AT.

> > > > > > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > I can understand why people don't want to be smashed on by an organised team, but I can't understand why they would never do anything about it themselves.

> > > > > > > (side note: Wasn't the vote only going to be a trial for a season or 2 before polling us again?)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ooo, because Quaggan want to play when he want to play without organizing team for a single game or just few of them

> > > > >

> > > > > Then you would just play? I did, not all 5 mans were unbeatable. it was like any other round, it would swing either way.

> > > > > Same thing happens in unranked till this day, me and a friend joined unranked game and was matched against a 5 man premade guild [APEX] and we still won.

> > > >

> > > > Issue with premades is how they alternate matchmaking. For example, imagine you get 6 good players in que. In soloQ, they could be 3 in one team and 3 in other, but premades allow to split 5-1, and when those players que again, it's same split again. Then, imagine youre that 1 player who has higher MMR than premade and 4 remaining people have lower, so you're in match to balance average MMR, it was painful to play.

> > >

> > > Then you would add them to your friends list and wait for them to be in round?

> > > simple solutions that anyone could use.

> >

> > So you want Quggan to wait until every good player on EU who possibly could premade be in match to que? Fooooo, that doesn't make any sense.

>

> If you want to wait for every player who is better than you to already be in game, then that's on you, not on me. I like competition, I like learning from my mistakes and as painful as it was to be up against Vallun/Naru duo, I was able to learn from them and better myself.

>

> Anyway, I don't want to argue with you on why I would like team queue back and defend myself against hyperbolic scenarios but this is why I love Anets Llama trainer in the mists....

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/EOzw0Wj.png "")

>

Fooo, except those scenarios aren't hyperbolic, you should know by now, that there aren't enough high MMR players, so high MMR players play against each other every game, some games are even paired down vs gold players as player pool isn't big enough. Now, it's already hard to make close matches, but if half of high MMR players will start to premade it will be close to impossible to give them good matches as there aren't enough good opponents. It gets even more stupid, when you use person with lower MMR to lower average MMR of premade, add win trading to it and you will get same horrible stuff, which was happening before.

No, we don't need teamQ in soloQ. We could get teamQ and tournaments are teamQ. Quaggan hopes they will work on tournaments and make tournaments more appealing for masses, as Ben said, they want to make them swiss tournaments, so woooo-hooo even weaker teams will have opportunity to play more matches and practice.

> > > > > > @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > > > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > > I can understand why people don't want to be smashed on by an organised team, but I can't understand why they would never do anything about it themselves.

> > > > > > > (side note: Wasn't the vote only going to be a trial for a season or 2 before polling us again?)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ooo, because Quaggan want to play when he want to play without organizing team for a single game or just few of them

> > > > >

> > > > > Then you would just play? I did, not all 5 mans were unbeatable. it was like any other round, it would swing either way.

> > > > > Same thing happens in unranked till this day, me and a friend joined unranked game and was matched against a 5 man premade guild [APEX] and we still won.

> > > >

> > > > Issue with premades is how they alternate matchmaking. For example, imagine you get 6 good players in que. In soloQ, they could be 3 in one team and 3 in other, but premades allow to split 5-1, and when those players que again, it's same split again. Then, imagine youre that 1 player who has higher MMR than premade and 4 remaining people have lower, so you're in match to balance average MMR, it was painful to play.

> > >

> > > Then you would add them to your friends list and wait for them to be in round?

> > > simple solutions that anyone could use.

> >

> > So you want Quggan to wait until every good player on EU who possibly could premade be in match to que? Fooooo, that doesn't make any sense.

>

> If you want to wait for every player who is better than you to already be in game, then that's on you, not on me. I like competition, I like learning from my mistakes and as painful as it was to be up against Vallun/Naru duo, I was able to learn from them and better myself.

>

> Anyway, I don't want to argue with you on why I would like team queue back and defend myself against hyperbolic scenarios but this is why I love Anets Llama trainer in the mists....

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/EOzw0Wj.png "")

>

OH A-NET YOU SLY MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > @"masterfan.8375" said:

> > Can someone from ANet explain to me why are you forcing us to play solo all the time? And please don't compare Tournaments to Team Queue, as tournaments happen every few hours, and you can queue when ever you want.

> >

> > Have 2 separate leaderboards, one for solo, and one for team. Just like in 2014.

> > I know that there was poll whether we want solo or team queue, and solo won. But come on... that happened more than 6 months ago.

> > You never consider actual requests by the community. Who cares about new PvP weapon skins or new so called '2.5' armour. Why are you spending your time and resources on that, while your game is dying?

>

> Ooo, as far as Quaggan knows, even for Unranked ~93% of population is soloQ.

> Sooo, Quaggan haz to ask ze question, would you be willing to wait up to 30 minutes to face other preamde?

Nice data, how you can achieve a healthy teamQ without a teamQ? Makes no sence in all. Yes, the devs said about the numbers, but i guess i whould Q and take the matches and time to wait. Let some of us doing it, the rest can soloQ for ages and mimimi in forum. Its an mmo, not a singleplayergame.

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > @"Genesis.5169" said:

>

> > Dota2

> > Counter Strike

> > Super Smash Bros. 4

> > GunZ

> > TERA

> > Skyforge

> >

> > I just named 6 of the top of my head that allows for teams and solo's to be in the same queue in and off ranked, organized tournaments are a different story but queues with Matchmaking usually allow both in the same queue.

> >

>

> Quaggan had to ask a friend who plays Dota2 on daily basis, and he said what you said isn't true, as a) you can enable strict solo matchmaking; b) you can premade only until certain rank.

> Quaggan is too lazy to verify for CS, and rest games you listed Quaggan wouldn't even consider "competitive" - Dota2, LoL and such, those are competitive games.

Foooo, Quaggan needs to play the game, not the forum maybe, foooo! My fishy hands just.....

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > Can someone from ANet explain to me why are you forcing us to play solo all the time? And please don't compare Tournaments to Team Queue, as tournaments happen every few hours, and you can queue when ever you want.

> >

> > Have 2 separate leaderboards, one for solo, and one for team. Just like in 2014.

> > I know that there was poll whether we want solo or team queue, and solo won. But come on... that happened more than 6 months ago.

> > You never consider actual requests by the community. Who cares about new PvP weapon skins or new so called '2.5' armour. Why are you spending your time and resources on that, while your game is dying?

>

> Ooo, as far as Quaggan knows, even for Unranked ~93% of population is soloQ.

> Sooo, Quaggan haz to ask ze question, would you be willing to wait up to 30 minutes to face other preamde?

first, want to say im 100% for the return of premades!

ive never understood this argument.... you ask if a premade of players is ok with a long wait time?? arent we able to simply do anything in the game while waiting for a match? like even play hot joins? this argument only has footing back in the day when all you could do was que from the mists which is no longer the case.... bring back team que and let que time sort itself out

solo should be solo (and no duo queue or smth.) and team queue should be team queue with a separate mmr meaning 2+3 player and 5 player stacks in bith teams. but the problem probably is that there wouldnt be enough queues for thatg kind of team play.

Anyways i cant emphasise how stupid it it to allow duo queues in solo matchmaking. makes zero sense.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> Well, tournamenters are for 5v5 premades ( 4 per day + 1 monthly, which are definitely enough ).

> Ranked should be soloq due to low population and wintraders ( but currently they allowed you to cheat till platinum through duoq ).

>

> Those who like to play with a friend should go unranked or gather more friends and try out a tournament.

Tournaments are not enough people will not join them because they don't have anywhere to practice or make a team you expect people to PuG tournaments like they do fractals? Would you do that?

> @"Morwath.9817" said:

> > I can understand why people don't want to be smashed on by an organised team, but I can't understand why they would never do anything about it themselves.

> > (side note: Wasn't the vote only going to be a trial for a season or 2 before polling us again?)

>

> Ooo, because Quaggan want to play when he want to play without organizing team for a single game or just few of them

Then you must suffer the consequences of your actions not lobby for the destruction of organizing in a team game.

> @"JustDemons.4358" said:

> solo should be solo (and no duo queue or smth.) and team queue should be team queue with a separate mmr meaning 2+3 player and 5 player stacks in bith teams. but the problem probably is that there wouldnt be enough queues for thatg kind of team play.

>

> Anyways i cant emphasise how stupid it it to allow duo queues in solo matchmaking. makes zero sense.

Please explain why and explain why 99% of other games that have PvP as a cornerstone have mixed queues.

Also detail why in a game that's design/balance philosophy is based on team work and not individual power that creating a team to maximize that is bad for the health for the game.

> @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > Well, tournamenters are for 5v5 premades ( 4 per day + 1 monthly, which are definitely enough ).

> > Ranked should be soloq due to low population and wintraders ( but currently they allowed you to cheat till platinum through duoq ).

> >

> > Those who like to play with a friend should go unranked or gather more friends and try out a tournament.

>

> Tournaments are not enough people will not join them because they don't have anywhere to practice or make a team you expect people to PuG tournaments like they do fractals? Would you do that?

Fractals are for premade vs AI.

It's not the same as Premade vs Premade in a ranked scenario.

In order to have a nice queue time how many teams would you need? 1k? 10k? You can see that's pretty different.

> @"masterfan.8375" said:

> Can someone from ANet explain to me why are you forcing us to play solo all the time? And please don't compare Tournaments to Team Queue, as tournaments happen every few hours, and you can queue when ever you want.

>

> Have 2 separate leaderboards, one for solo, and one for team. Just like in 2014.

> I know that there was poll whether we want solo or team queue, and solo won. But come on... that happened more than 6 months ago.

> You never consider actual requests by the community. Who cares about new PvP weapon skins or new so called '2.5' armour. Why are you spending your time and resources on that, while your game is dying?

Solo players should never play against teams. The 2 are play for very different reasons.

Solo players play to have fun, try to get better, and maybe experience something new.

Teams play to smash the opposition hoping their opponents are solo players.

If your lobbying to separate the 2 I agree and I would support that idea.

But I know you're not. You just want fast queue times and easy wins.

> @"NeedCoffee.1402" said:

> Solo players should never play against teams. The 2 are play for very different reasons.

> Solo players play to have fun, try to get better, and maybe experience something new.

> Teams play to smash the opposition hoping their opponents are solo players.

Lol what? Teams play to practice and win, crushing the opponent is a bonus just like solo players. Lol wow what a comment.

> @"Jacobin.8509" said:

> We learned like 3 years ago that sPvP is not popular enough to maintain a healthy 5v5 ranked ladder. All that happens is a few teams just farm everyone until queue times last 30+ minutes and everyone leaves. Once spvp became a solo queue PVE gear farm is got a lot healthier.

So all the folks who don't pvp for PvE farm do what?

And the tournaments will the just sit there with the same 5 or 6 teams playing them?

This what bothers so many pvp purest, there are PvE folks here just for the sole purpose of farming pips and do not care for the game mode or care to win, yet anet is letting these same folks guide there design decisions on Spvp.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Genesis.5169" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > Well, tournamenters are for 5v5 premades ( 4 per day + 1 monthly, which are definitely enough ).

> > > Ranked should be soloq due to low population and wintraders ( but currently they allowed you to cheat till platinum through duoq ).

> > >

> > > Those who like to play with a friend should go unranked or gather more friends and try out a tournament.

> >

> > Tournaments are not enough people will not join them because they don't have anywhere to practice or make a team you expect people to PuG tournaments like they do fractals? Would you do that?

>

> Fractals are for premade vs AI.

> It's not the same as Premade vs Premade in a ranked scenario.

>

> In order to have a nice queue time how many teams would you need? 1k? 10k? You can see that's pretty different.

I don't know the magic number but i do know if you don't let teams in queue there will never ever be a real competitive scene in Spvp and tournaments will stay dead. At the moment there is no foundation for team creation and no motivation for it. Most people aren't going to PuG tournaments and even if they do there aren't enough of them to motivate team creation.

They need to let teams in and let the chips fall where they may with tournaments around now there's a lot more motivation for people to team up.

> > @"JustDemons.4358" said:

> > solo should be solo (and no duo queue or smth.) and team queue should be team queue with a separate mmr meaning 2+3 player and 5 player stacks in bith teams. but the problem probably is that there wouldnt be enough queues for thatg kind of team play.

> >

> > Anyways i cant emphasise how stupid it it to allow duo queues in solo matchmaking. makes zero sense.

>

> Please explain why and explain why 99% of other games that have PvP as a cornerstone have mixed queues.

> Also detail why in a game that's design/balance philosophy is based on team work and not individual power that creating a team to maximize that is bad for the health for the game.

Because players who duo queue and use voice chat have an advantage over solo queuers. i wouldnt have a problem with that if we had an ingame voice chat (like u have at least in one of the big and famous mobas). either that or separate solo and team rating.