Guild Decorations - A Wintersday Wish

Gany.1793

As one of the chief Scribes for my Guild, I not only do a lot of crafting, but also placing of decorations. With the decoration system as it is, there are some great things that can be made. Almost always, however, I come up to the local cap. It would be great if we could get the local cap raised, especially when dealing with some of the new decorations we got from PoF. I mean....a teapot? I'm going to waist a slot of local cap on that tiny little decoration?

Additionally there are a few general systems and QoL changes I would dearly like to request.

1. When placing an object, many times I wish I could just rotate it without having to delete it and then replace it, again struggling to get it into just the right place.

2. EDIT MODE: It would be great to be able to right click on an object and select Edit Mode. This would then give us a new set of skills, ideally. Perhaps like these:

a. ROTATE: Rotate as we can now do while placing an object

b. MOVE: move an object around as we can now do when placing w/o changing its rotation

c. TILT: moving an object on its Y axis, allowing us to place objects at an angle, potentially even turning it upside down

d. ELEVATION: moving an object on its Z axis, allowing us to raise or lower on object, no longer restricting us to the local ground cover level

e. RESIZE: allowing us to make the object larger or small without altering its dimensional relations, each item having its own range.

3. Crafting Interface: In the process of placing decorations, they are sorted into a number of different groupings (plants, architecture, ect.) however when crafting, they are all placed under a single grouping of "Guild Decorations" It would be much easier to find what you want to make if things were divided into the same groupings as the decoration interface.

4. Additional Decorations: I find that we have a number of really nice decorations, but there are a few basic groups that we could use more, or even any:

1. ARCHITECTURE: We currently have several walls, columns and arches....but no lintels for placing across two columns. It would also be nice to be able to place roofs on walled structures we build, and also floors could be nice. If we end up being able to make 2 story buildings of our own this way, it would also be nice to have stairs. This would all be more useful with a higher local cap, but even without that, it would still be nice.

2. LIGHTING: Lamp posts all require the use of a "Lamp Finial" via the requirement of a Divinity Lamp. These Finial's are super rare drops. Could they perhaps be increased in their drop rate?

3. PLANTS: We do have a lot of different plants, but there seems to be a dirth of Large (tree) plants and Small (Flower) plants. Medium sized plants (bushes?) are much less and could use some nice additions to. Also, it might be nice to have some lower, ground level, groupings of flowers (I'm thinking like English flower garden beds). Also, all of these plants are in pots. That's fine, accept that if we want them to be planted in the ground, we have no way of doing that. It does also, however, bring to one other thing that would be nice. Ground Coverings. Instead of planting our flowers, bushes and trees in whatever the ground looks like where we want it, it would be nice to be able to change an area to a grass lawn, or a sandy dessert, or a rocky dirt path.....these could provide some wonderful opportunites for creative expression. Right now, the closest we have to this is the SAB grass platform..not very realistic.

4. RACIAL DECORATIONS: Most of the decorations are Ascelonian, Krytan or Elonian in style, including the gods. It would be nice to be able to create an Asuran District in the Guild Hall, or a Norn, Sylvari, Charr....any of them. It would also be nice to have statues to the Spirits of the Wild, a Sylvari bower for the Pale Tree, perhaps a screen with mathematical calculations to represent the Eternal Alchemy?

I know this wish list is long, but I have been very good this year :)

Also, I definitely would not expect to get them all at the same time. I do, however, think that this is a good list of places where the decoration system and the decorations themselves could be improved, bit by bit, over a long period of time. We all know that there will no doubt always be new decorations being added, and to that end I hope my list and ideas might give an idea of where to look for inspiration, if nothing else.

How about the rest of you guys? Anything else you would want? Anything you think is stupid, or simply impractable? Please comment below so we can all give ArenaNet some good feed back and remember, saying you don't like something is far more helpful than calling it stupid. Stupid is a statement of fact and can't be argues or justified. Not liking, you can express why and we can all benefit from that.

I hope to get lots of beneficial feedback :)

Gany