[PVP] Why is Scourge strong?

Omnicron.2467

Has the been any signs in PvP of players learning that eating boons by the hand full could, maybe, invite a Scourge or Necromancer to corrupt them?

So many professions sprout boons like dandylions in an ill-maintained lawn that I suspect players do not all remember how to approach a Necro. Scourge has enough blatant weaknesses that it should be countered effectively.

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> - Your issue here is that you do not take into account the disponibility of the barrier and I won't teach you that there is a scourge trait that grant barrier each time you use a shroud skill, sand shade included, right?

> @"Dadnir.5038" said:

> _Desert empowerment_.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Desert_Empowerment

>

> Man you don't even know the traits of the necromancer. Neither the core traits nor the scourge traits... How can I take you seriously? Or should I assume you are another troll out there?

Well, I guess that you are not aware that Desert Empowerment works on Scourge's F1 skill location only (not around the caster), and not on any of the other "F" skills.

I rarely ever log into the forums, and I'm about to significantly scale back on reading them altogether. I'd like to remind you and anyone else that the Necromancer is the only class in the game that can not attack while simultaneously being fully immune from receiving attacks by I-Frames (blocking, evading or invulnerable). Every other class in the game has some skills, that even with a proper animation/cast time, have built-in I-Frames that are almost impossible to stop, even by some instant cast abilities. Some of those classes can chain their I-Frames together to last 15 seconds or more. To think about even touching them, especially by attacks with cast times, would require ping times of near 0ms. Throw a few CC's into the mix from those classes to cover any remaining cool downs and they can repeat the I-Chain rotations all over again. But you never see people try and address real issues like this particular one.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> Has the been any signs in PvP of players learning that eating boons by the hand full could, maybe, invite a Scourge or Necromancer to corrupt them?

>

> So many professions sprout boons like dandylions in an ill-maintained lawn that I suspect players do not all remember how to approach a Necro. Scourge has enough blatant weaknesses that it should be countered effectively.

The way I see it, people aren't willing to adjust the meta to counter Scourges. They have natural predators in Longbow Soulbeast and P/P Daredevil/Deadeye, but as long as people keep refusing to take either one on a team, I guess Scourges really aren't as big an issue as people claim they are. Of the two, Soulbeast is the stronger counter as it can also overcome the usual support Firebrand, since Soulbeast actually has decent access to unblockablility now.