Seems like Ele got screwed on BOTH elite specilizations

Smakkage.6197

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > in pvp eles must take vitality because of low HP, must take toughness because of low armor, and must take water for condy clear or maybe earth if not weaver. Why Anet cant see this is beyond me, unless they are listening a little too much to the test dummy player/raider who only really have knowledge of dps skill rotation spamming.

>

> I honestly think Ele is in a solid spot, Weaver issue is down to the Sword, the other weapons just offer way more damage. Once Sword gets the buffs it needs, Weaver i think will be in a really solid spot. Except against Condi Mesmer/Chrono/Mirage but you will still have the option to run away. Like most will do because of how unbalanced and unfun they are to fight against. Then theres Warrior with their insane bunker defense while having insane passive regens, blocks and such and insane Zerk damage, mobility and CC :/

Can you explain me how Scepter/focus FA is in a good spot ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Aedaryl.3195" said:

> Can you explain me how Scepter/focus FA is in a good spot ?

Well, You have access to everything that all other ele have access to. It is down to player choice what weapons they take and such, Scepter is mostly the go to, but it can be run on others. Your off hand is again down to choice. You pick defense (Focus) or Mobility, CC, Healing, Damage (Dagger) It is also player choice to go full zerk. To say that its in a bad spot simply because of player CHOICE is a bit silly. I have seen some FA Ele destroying people, i have also seen some getting destroyed. Build and player skill is very important.

If you want to run full zerk gear, then go ahead. Just know that if the person you attack survives your burst then you are going to regret it, Make sure you have defensive options. Then there is always the choice of NOT going full zerk, its not exactly needed with quite a few dmaage modifiers both in traits and runesets and sigils.

> @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > @"Aedaryl.3195" said:

> > Can you explain me how Scepter/focus FA is in a good spot ?

>

> Well, You have access to everything that all other ele have access to. It is down to player choice what weapons they take and such, Scepter is mostly the go to, but it can be run on others. Your off hand is again down to choice. You pick defense (Focus) or Mobility, CC, Healing, Damage (Dagger) It is also player choice to go full zerk. To say that its in a bad spot simply because of player CHOICE is a bit silly. I have seen some FA Ele destroying people, i have also seen some getting destroyed. Build and player skill is very important.

>

> If you want to run full zerk gear, then go ahead. Just know that if the person you attack survives your burst then you are going to regret it, Make sure you have defensive options. Then there is always the choice of NOT going full zerk, its not exactly needed with quite a few dmaage modifiers both in traits and runesets and sigils.

>

zerk or not > @"ArmageddonAsh.6430" said:

> > @"vesica tempestas.1563" said:

> > in pvp eles must take vitality because of low HP, must take toughness because of low armor, and must take water for condy clear or maybe earth if not weaver. Why Anet cant see this is beyond me, unless they are listening a little too much to the test dummy player/raider who only really have knowledge of dps skill rotation spamming.

>

> I honestly think Ele is in a solid spot, Weaver issue is down to the Sword, the other weapons just offer way more damage. Once Sword gets the buffs it needs, Weaver i think will be in a really solid spot. Except against Condi Mesmer/Chrono/Mirage but you will still have the option to run away. Like most will do because of how unbalanced and unfun they are to fight against. Then theres Warrior with their insane bunker defense while having insane passive regens, blocks and such and insane Zerk damage, mobility and CC :/

lol what? lets have a look shall we (ignoring PVE, you can buil what you like there and kill all):

Sceptre/x - single gimick (FA) no sustain or sustainable defenses i.e condy removal and heals, play against an equal or better skilled player and you wlll be slaughtered.

Sword/X you need to be in 130 range, which means you MUST have some toughness and heal and vitality which means offensive stats are reduced. Duel attack is telegraphed and slow.

dagger/X again another melee build, same issues as sword/X but much worse sustain.

Staff - useless in PVP

Lets pick out some random skills with 2.1k power/ 450 condy :

vapor blade, hits for 245..

flame strike, hits for 354, 600 burn in total

Dragons tooth - useless apart from downed players

it goes on...