This must be something I did.

While in game I lost skill use with mouse. Now whenever I left click everything goes into chat box. I am unable to port or open gifts because my mouse just posts the icons to chat. I use the mouse for everything including skills. I am sure there is a simple fix but I tried what I thought it could be and now I am worried about making changes that may interfere with something else. Any suggestions? I would be very grateful.

Sounds like a stuck key situation. It might be because you alt+tabbed with a key pressed, or might be because of overlays.

For example i find the game "freezing" when i try to interact with Discord's overlay, it's not actually freezing, but its like discord interrupts the game's graphic output because broken overlay (the interaction doesn't work for me atm), when i click back in the game window it returns to normal.

Also, kind of off-topic, your gameplay will improve tons if you practice using skills only on keyboard. You can remap them for ease of use. I personally have 6-0 mapped to side buttons on my mouse, and use 1-5 directly.

My brother now bought the same mouse as me, but before that he used to have 6-0 on X-B keys so its easier to reach.