Power Block may be a Power Mesmer DPS increase.

Kain Francois.4328

With the change to Power Block allowing it to affect Champions/Bosses, it now serves as a possible damage boost to a power mesmer.

Since the original revamp to our baseline traits a few months ago, Power Mesmer runs 3x Sword Phantasms, Mantra of Pain, and Torch offhand, in order to achieve high consistent damage with an easy rotation, allowing us to achieve an easy, braindead 29k+ dps benchmark, simply using skills off cooldown, most which have no cast time. The beauty of this build is its flexibility to bring tons of utility, such Moa Signet, Feedback, Stunbreaks, etc...

However, due to the change to Power Block, we can now increase our damage ever so slightly with *another* zero-cast time skill, Mantra of Distraction. If you proc Mantra of Distraction while a boss is attacking, you get free damage.

Just wanted to point out this slight buff.

> @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> You are right that it is a dps increase if used at the correct time, however even with the buff it doesn't come close to condi mirage.

Our condi overlord reigns supreme.

On the bright side, power mes still works for ease of play. You aren't using your endurance for ammunition, you aren't losing dps by using moa, and you have more free slots for utility skills. If you don't care about Torch, then you're still free to bring a Focus to help with pulls. It's the easiest raid build in the game with tons of utility.

Like a swiss army knife. You obviously won't use it to slice your bread, but it's there for when you need it.

> @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > You are right that it is a dps increase if used at the correct time, however even with the buff it doesn't come close to condi mirage.

>

> Our condi overlord reigns supreme.

>

> On the bright side, power mes still works for ease of play. You aren't using your endurance for ammunition, you aren't losing dps by using moa, and you have more free slots for utility skills. If you don't care about Torch, then you're still free to bring a Focus to help with pulls. It's the easiest raid build in the game with tons of utility.

>

> Like a swiss army knife. You obviously won't use it to slice your bread, but it's there for when you need it.

What he said,.. right now condi mirage is king, I pine for my GS days again, but for now.. nope

> @"Seabhac.6824" said:

> > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > You are right that it is a dps increase if used at the correct time, however even with the buff it doesn't come close to condi mirage.

> >

> > Our condi overlord reigns supreme.

> >

> > On the bright side, power mes still works for ease of play. You aren't using your endurance for ammunition, you aren't losing dps by using moa, and you have more free slots for utility skills. If you don't care about Torch, then you're still free to bring a Focus to help with pulls. It's the easiest raid build in the game with tons of utility.

> >

> > Like a swiss army knife. You obviously won't use it to slice your bread, but it's there for when you need it.

>

> What he said,.. right now condi mirage is king, I pine for my GS days again, but for now.. nope

It would be nice if they took away the distanced-based scaling on the GS, that way at least we could swap to it in close combat and give power mesmer a bit more aoe for trash pulls. It probably still wouldn't beat condi mirage, but it would certainly help make it more viable in PvE.

> @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > @"Seabhac.6824" said:

> > > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > You are right that it is a dps increase if used at the correct time, however even with the buff it doesn't come close to condi mirage.

> > >

> > > Our condi overlord reigns supreme.

> > >

> > > On the bright side, power mes still works for ease of play. You aren't using your endurance for ammunition, you aren't losing dps by using moa, and you have more free slots for utility skills. If you don't care about Torch, then you're still free to bring a Focus to help with pulls. It's the easiest raid build in the game with tons of utility.

> > >

> > > Like a swiss army knife. You obviously won't use it to slice your bread, but it's there for when you need it.

> >

> > What he said,.. right now condi mirage is king, I pine for my GS days again, but for now.. nope

>

> It would be nice if they took away the distanced-based scaling on the GS, that way at least we could swap to it in close combat and give power mesmer a bit more aoe for trash pulls. It probably still wouldn't beat condi mirage, but it would certainly help make it more viable in PvE.

I keep trying to swap out my GS for staff because I HATE the slow cast time of the baseline attack with staff,.. but I still cannot beat it for DPS especially because it has that Chaos Storm I can combo field with lingering thoughts

> @"Seabhac.6824" said:

> > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > @"Seabhac.6824" said:

> > > > @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> > > > > @"Wandering Mist.2973" said:

> > > > > You are right that it is a dps increase if used at the correct time, however even with the buff it doesn't come close to condi mirage.

> > > >

> > > > Our condi overlord reigns supreme.

> > > >

> > > > On the bright side, power mes still works for ease of play. You aren't using your endurance for ammunition, you aren't losing dps by using moa, and you have more free slots for utility skills. If you don't care about Torch, then you're still free to bring a Focus to help with pulls. It's the easiest raid build in the game with tons of utility.

> > > >

> > > > Like a swiss army knife. You obviously won't use it to slice your bread, but it's there for when you need it.

> > >

> > > What he said,.. right now condi mirage is king, I pine for my GS days again, but for now.. nope

> >

> > It would be nice if they took away the distanced-based scaling on the GS, that way at least we could swap to it in close combat and give power mesmer a bit more aoe for trash pulls. It probably still wouldn't beat condi mirage, but it would certainly help make it more viable in PvE.

>

> I keep trying to swap out my GS for staff because I HATE the slow cast time of the baseline attack with staff,.. but I still cannot beat it for DPS especially because it has that Chaos Storm I can combo field with lingering thoughts

I hear ya. The slowness of the Staff 1 skill really turns me off too.