How to make reaper viable

Pansoul.9436

Assuming you're talking about PvP viability I don't think more boon corrupt is what Reaper needs. At least not in the way you're suggesting. Shouts do need some changes though. I think adding some more utility value would be best. The shout that needs attention the most is probably "Nothing Can Save You!". I'd say adding something similar to Magebane Tether to it and upping the cooldown could be nice. A single boon corrupt could be added to "Suffer!" though. Maybe something vampiric added to "Your Soul Is Mine!".

They should just give Death Shroud and Reaper shroud unique utility skills. There are 5 slots they can play with to give unique effects to help both Death Shroud and Reaper's Shrouds shortcomings. Would be relatively easy to tweak considering you can split short buffs/effects over 5 utility skills with varying cooldowns depending on how strong the effects are. Especially for Reaper Shroud cause I feel it needs something to help with sustaining Reaper Shroud a little longer.

Death Shroud simply lacks damage and is slow, unique utility skills to help in that aspect would also be interesting.

Then again, i loved the deathly chill build, so more chill application is ok with me HUEHUE

Reaper is viable. Just not faceroll op than x, you actually need to work. Amount of actually viable builds went down quite a bit with this dps fest. Either you are too fragile or then you don't do any dmg.

Condition removal and surviving when focused leaves something to wish for though.

If some shout would be buffed it should be casting time or duration on nothing can save you. There's obvious problem when you need to "guess" when enemy is going to block, you spend your good time not doing dmg and casting.. It would be generally nice if all shouts would be "instant" cast since they don't do that much dmg alone.

For PvP, yes. But what about PvE where mobs don't have any boon? Reaper has to be buffed for both PvE and PvP aspects seperately.

That won't make Reaper useful for raids for example. Power Reaper clearly lacks damage in PvE scenario.

And for PvP, Reaper lacks mobility imo, It would be better if they added more mobility to it as a Melee focused class.