Scourge with minions build questions

Alex C.2639

Hi, i like to play with minions and i would like to know if this build will be good for pvp, that the build some friends suggested me to play as i like to play with minions like in WoW i was playing demo lock, http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArfWnE9Cd1gN1Au1As3glpBTPqeV7qSDgCQAYqldBqAA-jZQTAAw+DAA i wear exotics gears condi/vitality/toughness in wvw, atm i do really good in spvp but i would like to know if this build will be optimal for wvw, if not can someone suggest something like what sigil or specs/spells thats will work better, if someone can explain me the rotations to do as a scourge will be nice too. thanks in advance for the help

Minionmancer isn't meta... I suggest looking on www.metabattle.com to look up what the communitys view on a strong Necro build (currently i believe it is a Celestial scourge for zerging) running the Blood/soul reaping/scourge trait lines, Staff/axe/focus for ranged condi + boon corrupt. And of course, if you are able to obtain these stats on Ascendant gear, it'll help marginally compared to exotic :)

> @"Alex C.2639" said:

> Hi, i like to play with minions and i would like to know if this build will be good for pvp, that the build some friends suggested me to play as i like to play with minions like in WoW i was playing demo lock, http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNArfWnE9Cd1gN1Au1As3glpBTPqeV7qSDgCQAYqldBqAA-jZQTAAw+DAA i wear exotics gears condi/vitality/toughness in wvw, atm i do really good in spvp but i would like to know if this build will be optimal for wvw, if not can someone suggest something like what sigil or specs/spells thats will work better, if someone can explain me the rotations to do as a scourge will be nice too. thanks in advance for the help

it is viable. you might want to put a utility stun break.

I really like to play minion builds in PvE, you practically can not die even against open world bosses. Both Scourge (condi) and Reaper (power) work extremely well.

Yet, in WvW... it is not good. You only can take over camps and kill guards easily, as soon enemy player shows up you are in trouble. Do not even try to use them in larger zergfights as they die instantly or get stuck behind invisible cracks.

The only time minions are really good is when the target isn't very mobile. While this is easy to accomplish in PvE, Necro just doesn't have the sheer lockdown necessary to do the job against players. The best you can realistically manage is about 5 seconds of immobilize, only if the target doesn't cleanse (yeah right) and you're wielding mainhand dagger. This can be pushed up a bit if you're good with timing Rigor Mortis (bone fiend active skill), but it's still not enough time to kill your foe, since Immobilize doesn't restrict any skill usage.

Taking the minion trait line without using the minion traits is good for toughness. Mainly helps you survive in zergs while you drop the condis and back out. At least that is what I do. Personally I hate meta builds because tho they may have the most damage/healing or what have you they restrict you to be the same as everyone else. I have done so many gear, rune, sigil and other changes that I have found something that works for me. Same goes for you. Do what you want but keep in mind make sure it is not hurting the team. I see roamers mainly using minions and rarely in big fights because even if you trait minions when they die you lose dps and toughness and become weak.

OFC this is all my opinion :pensive: