Question for a fun necromancer build.

rager.4963

I don't want to min/max, but I am going a reaper fun vampire build that I am wondering what stats I should focus on.

Greatsword

and staff. (i love the staff it is fun to me.)

Blood Magic

Spite and reaper

I am going con damage. Using signet of vamp locus and rise haunt and golem.

So my question is. Gear wise Should I got Toughness Vit and Con damage. Or Healing Vit and con damage? Or Healing toughness con damage?

Since I duo with my wife, I like the whole vampire auras and life stealing I give her. So I wonder if having stronger self sustain with healing power will make up for the lost in vit or toughness?

The whole point of build is being super tanky using Chills to bleed things to death.

I'd honestly just go all-out offense on the stats. Necromancer is one of the most inherently tanky classes in the game thanks to Deathshroud. Plus, the quicker things die the less time they have to kill you - a dead enemy deals 0 DPS. ;)

As for Healing Power, I've not tried it personally, but I'd imagine the gains would be far too low anyway to warrant giving up other stats for it.

I'd also recommend going for the Curses traitline. It is kinda mandatory whenever going for a Condi Necro build - and for good reason as it has lots of goodies aimed towards that kind of build. Plus you can play around with the Parasitic Contagion-trait which totally fits the theme you're going for with your character.

> @"rager.4963" said:

> Thanks for the tip. What other stats help con damage?

_Expertise_ makes your conditions last longer.

However it is only found on HoT/PoF prefixes (notably Viper's) which is much harder/more expensive to craft than vanilla prefixes.

I'd probably start with getting Rampagers or some other offensive condition prefix - a lot cheaper and easier to acquire.

You can go full Berserker on equipment and still take Blood Magic to support your wife.

Your wish list of capabilities conflict with each other. Try to keep it simple; DPS and support. If you use Reaper, choose whether you build for a Deathly Chill Viper's hybrid or Berserker's power. Then, slot Blood Magic. Healing power is less important than the function of the traits you get in Blood Magic so, unless you are supporting several players with dedicated DPS builds, I would suggest going as much into your own DPS as possible and end the battle quicker.

Thanks for the tip. Is signet of vamp good without signets of suffering? The reason I am asking is because My build is shaping up to be very fun, but I tend to have trouble at times with single target heavy hitters. Groups I do great because of the dots keep me alive.

I was using soul reaping curse and reaper but I am thinking of dropping soul reaping for spite with vamprism, or just blood healing for the support.. If I do go blood I take it the blood pet would be better for the life on hit skill that blood spec goes into.

Rager, if you want to support your wife in a duo, I suggest not using Signet of Vampirism. Just use a good self-heal like Consume Conditions and use Reaper Shroud's Soul Spiral often to keep your partner's health topped off. The vampiric traits and skills have very low return on investment. Blood Fiend only seems useful in PvP or super-casual play.

Blood Magic's Ritual of Life, Life from Death, and Transfusion are more powerful heals than any vampiric trait or skill that I know of. I only use vampiric abilities when in a large crowd able to multiply their tiny effects.

A full berserker gear Spite/Blood/Reaper full wells build should do the job.

You support with life steal through blood traits, healing and protection and life steal through your (traited) wells, blinds through Nightfall (GS4) and you still kill fast (a dead mob can't harm you anymore).

Build example:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBhOD7kkGomGslGwnGgeTskLYTXhlwUIuK2FHjQBgGwKA-jhRBABUq+zDPBAzUCCwFB4q9Hlf4pbAA-e

**If you really want to use staff you can drop Axe/Wh. of course.** Then you should consider changing Well of Power to Signet of the Locust for mobility. That Signet would also fit pretty well into the life siphon theme.

Condi and support on Reaper is a bad mixture. It won't work as Bloodmagic is focused on on-hit siphoning+wells -> direct damage. In addition the healing traits are **mostly** useless in shroud (won't heal you). But a condi support Scourge is great. You get all the healing of Bloodmagic, have barriers and are not limited to wells for damage.

For PvE that's more than enough. In PvP it's a different story as there you need burst heals or damage mitigation (like Scourge barriers) which a Reaper can't offer. You don't even need to try that.

As others have said, you're better off going full power rather than condi with blood magic. Spite (1:2:2), blood magic (1:3:1) and reaper (2:3:3), Well of Blood, Signet of Spite, Well of Suffering, Well of Power and your choice of elite (I use Flesh Golem). The traited wells offer protection and quick rezzing should you need it. You could also go for Tansfusion rather than Vampiric Rituals however you sacrifice a hard hitting skill (Shroud 4) to keep it as healing.

Stats I recommend either full zerker or valkyrie or a mix of both with scholar runes or strength runes (scholar more recommended). I find that reaper allows for really aggressive play style so most PvE enemies will be dead long before they pose a serious threat. Personally I am not fond of running staff on power builds but it does offer good utility. For ranged I use Axe/Focus and it is great damage.

The combo you would wanna pull of on hardy enemies (if you ever use axe) is GS 5,4, well of suffering, gs3, 2, switch to axe and then 2, maybe focus 4 if you're quick, and shroud 4 (preserably with a dark field active like well of suffering or nightfall). This combo wrecks like crazy and it's a bag of fun I find.