whoops... new Level 80 necro questions

Appletango.6947

So a newer player here. Just hit 80 with my necro last night and received my free Scourge's Torch and selected Viper as the "free" stat. All was good until I was swapping out into my new level 80 armor and started to add sigils/runes to everything. Whelp, you guessed it... I absent mindedly gave the Torch a sigil thusly erasing the Viper stats. Is there a way to get it back? Should I just extract the sigil I put in or will that effectively do nothing but give me a blank slot?

https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Pandafarmer

Also, since I'm basically just running story for now is there anything stat-wise I'm neglecting? I know most build guides are PVP so I'm not sure I've been given the best information to go with to complete Personal Story, HoT, and PoF storylines.

If I am understanding the question correctly, you say when you added the sigil into your torch, it "erased" the stats? From what I can see via efficiency, the stats are still there for Vipers. Each sigil in the game provides something different, in the case of yours: geomancy inflicts bleeding for 10 seconds when you swap to that weapon hand. The only way to remove sigils is by either replacing it with another sigil of desire, or buying an extraction device from the gem store (not worth doing, imo).

In regards to story/PvE completion, anything will work in PvE to be honest; some things better than others! However, if you plan on continuing to be a Scourge, I believe the condition build is usually the way to go. I've heard of some going for straight up power now, but I am not sure. You may try Viper's for sure if you want to go down the route for condition, but I hear Grieving is now another viable alternative _although still unclear_.

Hope that helps in any way possible.

Thanks! Okay, I was worried. Thought maybe that the Viper stats had been replaced by Geomancy. But I'm still fairly new (three/four weeks in).

Okay, awesome, I'll look into Grieving. Like I said, so many of the guides out there are mainly for high end PVP or Fractals and I'm not really ready for that type of content yet.

• 4 weeks later...