Let's discuss the next expansion (focus on PvP!)

Kombosaboo.7409

Hi guys. I'm here to bring a **healthy and fun** discussion about the possible next expansion! (Will there be one?)

My question is, what changes would you like being made on PvP regarding **competitive and also casual**?

Also what are the next **specializations** you would like to see for every class? What skills? What playstyle? Share it with us!

**I'm gonna start by sharing some of my ideas =)**

**Revenant**

- _full rework the renegate so it becomes useful in pvp. also give us another OFFENSIVE legendary stance because why not? also rework the energy of some skills._

**Warrior**

- _definitely lacking condition potential. all he has is pretty much burns, a few bleeds and little torment, I feel he should get some condi love. rework some warrior traits too._

**Guardian**

- _i feel like the guardian is a bit strong at the moment. I honestly dont know what I would give it. let me hear your opinions!_

**Thief**

-_ I would give something that the thief lacks, such as stability and some condis, such as fear. maybe off-hand sword for cheese? :tired_face: Swordmaster maybe?_

**Ranger**

- _Barbarian! make it so that the ranger wears TWO HANDED AXES (i know they dont exist, i can dream tho?) and give the ranger stampede skills and lots of CC_

**Engineer**

- _MINIGUN! I've been dreaming of this. give the engi the mercenary weapon he deserves. make minigun a elite skill with 5 different skills :+1: _

**Mesmer**

- _Make the mesmer able to summon arcane creatures! (like a summoner) those creatures could shatter to give special effects. think necro minions but as pink ghosts_

**Elementalist**

- _A mage that uses only 2 different elements, instead of 4. the elements could be light and darkness and they switch between each other and also merge together._

**Necromancer**

- _A specialization focused on vampirism, bats, blood and lifedrain, elite skill should make necro fly and evade all attacks for a few seconds while draining hp_

As with all the rest, I would focus on balancing the already existing classes, traits, specially core and HoT ones. I feel like it's somewhat unbalanced at the moment.

**Let me know your ideas! :3**

I'd love to see elite specs that don't just completely outclass the ones we have now. Balancing them all out would be nice, but then why would people buy the expac if their old builds are still good? It'll just be a case of throwing away the scourge and firebrands to play the new specs. They can join scrapper and tempest on the trash pile.

Your vampire style class sound cool for necro. Evades and blinks, with some life drain burst. Something akin to playing a daredevil. Give necro a playstyle it's never had. Then again the cynic in me thinks this is bad because it'll either be a poor man's DD or completely outclass it and make DD irrelevant.

I want to get excited and think about these things, but when we've seen what's happened with each expac and it's really just boring now.

Revenant

- Assassin specialization. Legend : Yuri the Hand. Revenants can already duel wield, they got shiro already. Thinking about quick and deadly attacks and transferring conditions to foe instead of a lot of defense from clears. Maybe utilize a combo system. Make even a scourge fear them because of evasive techniques and passing their garbage right back to them. IDK

Warrior

* Specialization name :__________ New weapon : Naginata a pole/staff blade (i dont really think anything has to be coded in for new weapons, just some skins and weapon skills, but IDK) . Another two hand weapon but with spectacular attacks and mobility/evason built in.

Guardian

* Bard. Warhorn. Does some supporty stuff.

Thief

* Monk. Hand to Hand (gain toughness/new mechanic: resilience) combat and fortifying techniques that can empower your allies, with the likes of toughness share, resilience to conditions, and enhance attack/critical attack

Ranger

* Mage hunter. Rangers no wield shields. Shield skills can prevent all magic, and attacks. If the attack is unblock-able, it will not be blocked but it will be shared with the offending foe. Can share utilities to prevent enemies from casting hostile skills on friends.

Engineer

* Doctor. aide your allies while simultaneously targeting foes vitals with critical attacks due to medical knowledge. New weapon scalpel (dagger)

Mesmer

* Bewitcher. New mechanic, hexes (not new but resurrected). Control your opponents actions with crippling effects, punishing for certain actions, even place hexes that will interrupt instacast abilities, disable or temporarily steal and disable foes skills. Steal resource

Elementalist

* New element: Heart. When you combine all the elements, you Summon Captain Planet

Necromancer

* Ritualist. Summon spirits and everything else a ritualist does. Necrotic heals..just like GW1 ( i am assuming most brought heroes with them like this)

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> Revenant

> - Assassin specialization. Legend : Yuri the Hand. Revenants can already duel wield, they got shiro already. Thinking about quick and deadly attacks and transferring conditions to foe instead of a lot of defense from clears. Maybe utilize a combo system. Make even a scourge fear them because of evasive techniques and passing their garbage right back to them. IDK

>

> Warrior

> * Specialization name :__________ New weapon : Naginata a pole/staff blade (i dont really think anything has to be coded in for new weapons, just some skins and weapon skills, but IDK) . Another two hand weapon but with spectacular attacks and mobility/evason built in.

>

> Guardian

> * Bard. Warhorn. Does some supporty stuff.

>

> Thief

> * Monk. Hand to Hand (gain toughness/new mechanic: resilience) combat and fortifying techniques that can empower your allies, with the likes of toughness share, resilience to conditions, and enhance attack/critical attack

>

> Ranger

> * Mage hunter. Rangers no wield shields. Shield skills can prevent all magic, and attacks. If the attack is unblock-able, it will not be blocked but it will be shared with the offending foe. Can share utilities to prevent enemies from casting hostile skills on friends.

>

> Engineer

> * Doctor. aide your allies while simultaneously targeting foes vitals with critical attacks due to medical knowledge. New weapon scalpel (dagger)

>

> Mesmer

> * Bewitcher. New mechanic, hexes (not new but resurrected). Control your opponents actions with crippling effects, punishing for certain actions, even place hexes that will interrupt instacast abilities, disable or temporarily steal and disable foes skills. Steal resource

>

> Elementalist

> * New element: Heart. When you combine all the elements, you Summon Captain Planet

>

> Necromancer

> * Ritualist. Summon spirits and everything else a ritualist does. Necrotic heals..just like GW1 ( i am assuming most brought heroes with them like this)

>

This is awesome. I'm hoping for more like these :D

and honestly, mesmer being able to steal enemy skill would be so awesome lol

> @"Kombosaboo.7409" said:

> > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > Revenant

> > - Assassin specialization. Legend : Yuri the Hand. Revenants can already duel wield, they got shiro already. Thinking about quick and deadly attacks and transferring conditions to foe instead of a lot of defense from clears. Maybe utilize a combo system. Make even a scourge fear them because of evasive techniques and passing their garbage right back to them. IDK

> >

> > Warrior

> > * Specialization name :__________ New weapon : Naginata a pole/staff blade (i dont really think anything has to be coded in for new weapons, just some skins and weapon skills, but IDK) . Another two hand weapon but with spectacular attacks and mobility/evason built in.

> >

> > Guardian

> > * Bard. Warhorn. Does some supporty stuff.

> >

> > Thief

> > * Monk. Hand to Hand (gain toughness/new mechanic: resilience) combat and fortifying techniques that can empower your allies, with the likes of toughness share, resilience to conditions, and enhance attack/critical attack

> >

> > Ranger

> > * Mage hunter. Rangers no wield shields. Shield skills can prevent all magic, and attacks. If the attack is unblock-able, it will not be blocked but it will be shared with the offending foe. Can share utilities to prevent enemies from casting hostile skills on friends.

> >

> > Engineer

> > * Doctor. aide your allies while simultaneously targeting foes vitals with critical attacks due to medical knowledge. New weapon scalpel (dagger)

> >

> > Mesmer

> > * Bewitcher. New mechanic, hexes (not new but resurrected). Control your opponents actions with crippling effects, punishing for certain actions, even place hexes that will interrupt instacast abilities, disable or temporarily steal and disable foes skills. Steal resource

> >

> > Elementalist

> > * New element: Heart. When you combine all the elements, you Summon Captain Planet

> >

> > Necromancer

> > * Ritualist. Summon spirits and everything else a ritualist does. Necrotic heals..just like GW1 ( i am assuming most brought heroes with them like this)

> >

>

>

>

> This is awesome. I'm hoping for more like these :D

> and honestly, mesmer being able to steal enemy skill would be so awesome lol

Mesmer did that in GW1. Was awesome when you managed to steal their Elite. And those were a lot stronger in GW1.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> Revenant

> - Assassin specialization. Legend : Yuri the Hand. Revenants can already duel wield, they got shiro already. Thinking about quick and deadly attacks and transferring conditions to foe instead of a lot of defense from clears. Maybe utilize a combo system. Make even a scourge fear them because of evasive techniques and passing their garbage right back to them. IDK

>

> Warrior

> * Specialization name :__________ New weapon : Naginata a pole/staff blade (i dont really think anything has to be coded in for new weapons, just some skins and weapon skills, but IDK) . Another two hand weapon but with spectacular attacks and mobility/evason built in.

>

> Guardian

> * Bard. Warhorn. Does some supporty stuff.

>

> Thief

> * Monk. Hand to Hand (gain toughness/new mechanic: resilience) combat and fortifying techniques that can empower your allies, with the likes of toughness share, resilience to conditions, and enhance attack/critical attack

>

> Ranger

> * Mage hunter. Rangers no wield shields. Shield skills can prevent all magic, and attacks. If the attack is unblock-able, it will not be blocked but it will be shared with the offending foe. Can share utilities to prevent enemies from casting hostile skills on friends.

>

> Engineer

> * Doctor. aide your allies while simultaneously targeting foes vitals with critical attacks due to medical knowledge. New weapon scalpel (dagger)

>

> Mesmer

> * Bewitcher. New mechanic, hexes (not new but resurrected). Control your opponents actions with crippling effects, punishing for certain actions, even place hexes that will interrupt instacast abilities, disable or temporarily steal and disable foes skills. Steal resource

>

> Elementalist

> * New element: Heart. When you combine all the elements, you Summon Captain Planet

>

> Necromancer

> * Ritualist. Summon spirits and everything else a ritualist does. Necrotic heals..just like GW1 ( i am assuming most brought heroes with them like this)

>

A thief becoming a monk? I don't think the name fits thematically speaking but all in all, sounds great